Swans120

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 14, 2008
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Manly, Waratahs
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,26868694-5018866,00.html

Looking for it as his family is apparently not doing well without the extended family support. Who knows what exactly is going on from the outside looking in. Seems like a quality guy and good on the Dogs for helping him facilitate the move for the good of his family.

Looking for a player swap with the Titans or Broncs, they are the only 2 clubs who can take Hannant apparently under this proviso that the Dogs are working on.

I just saw the interview with Todd prior to recording the NRL Footy Show.

Ben's going to be a huge loss for the Bulldogs if the release is granted, which looks more than likely. Ben would most likely take a small paycut to go home, but the problems the Dogs face is getting a quality player in return.

I somehow think the Bulldogs will lose out with this deal.

Broncos will go hard for him. Apparently they have been preparing to try lure him back ever since he left and without Hunt and Clinton, they are going to throw the bank at Hannant. There are no doubts that Brisbane will get him. What would be adequate compensation?

Sims and Setu seems the 2 most likely players the Broncs might want to release but not sure if Bulldogs would accept them.

I would have thought that the Titans salary would fairly tight considering Bird has just signed on with them.

Welcome back Benny.

I was sad to see him leave Brisbane and would welcome him back, but I am one who believes in contracts being honored. Look, I feel for his family, though this would have been discussed before singing that juicy, big contact with the Canterbury club. You take the good with the bad.

See out the contact Ben, come home in 2012. At worst, pack the missus and kids up and go from there. Craig Bellamy did as much for a long time before his family came joined him in Melbourne.

^ I agree with your comments also. Some rugby league players are a bit precious. Hannant is at least being a bit admirable by not leaving mid-season, but he's lucky he's at a great club where they understand his circumstances and will probably release him this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hannant wants a release to go back to QLD

Remove this Banner Ad

Back