Hansen - how did you rate his game?

Remove this Banner Ad

May 24, 2005
Covid Central
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Socceroos
Personally, the game he played is precisely what I expected (despite all the hysteria on BF) - a few cheap stats & non-competitive in the contests. He may very well be a star of the future but he is still in nappies. Should he play again this week?
I would bring Green in for him. I just can't see Hansen being of any value at this stage.
I assume this will be a very unpopular view & I know DarwinRoo will disagree.

Personally, the game he played is precisely what I expected (despite all the hysteria on BF) - a few cheap stats & non-competitive in the contests. He may very well be a star of the future but he is still in nappies. Should he play again this week?
I would bring Green in for him. I just can't see Hansen being of any value at this stage.

He did ok at times, but is just not strong enough yet to make a little impact. A couply of times, he just wasent strong enough holding the ball in, or taking a strong mark. Obviously not his fault, just doesnt have the body yet. I would bring in Thomas for him. Thomas could make an impact and get under the guard of port defenders, and could easily kick 3-4 goals.

I think the kid did ok, wasn't a matchwinner, but who expected him to be?, did the basics ie chased, won a good tap out in front of me, and whenever he went near the ball I thought he had the smarts, but not the experience to pull off.
If i was coach i'd play him again this week.

produce a nice bump on brown and was composed in setting up swallow.

Will take time but would expect him to get some more senior football in 2008.

I agree with most of it. I would bring in a crumbing forward such as Thomas or Campbell.

- a few cheap stats & non-competitive in the contests.

You missed the hard run into space and mark on the wing, followed by the pinpoint 40 metre left foot pass to the Edwards lead which resulted in a goal?

He was picked for the experience. He will be a beauty. I don't care one way or the other if he plays this week.

absolutely agree a bit late in the year to be blooding players, I expect to see Green as a tagger and Campbell as a foil for Harvey in this week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He went from playing as a key forward in the shitest team in the vfl all year then missing 3 weeks with no football. He wasn't bad.

He is gonna be big unit in a few years and it looks like he doesn't mind the physical stuff.

Wrong game to blood a youngster like that. He just wasn't up to it - ordinary game and can't play this week.

Thank god someone was watching the same game as l was!!!

Hansen maybe a good to great player in the future but yesterday was a case of giving the kid a taste of do or die finals footy because IMO, it may have been better to have kept Brown because he could have filled the void as the third tall in the forward?

He struggled.

A bit slow disposing of it at times - pace of the game seemed to catch him out a bit and he quite clearly needs to add strength. If he was meant to cover (not fill) the Corey Jones role then he didn't do what was hoped. Give him time.

I'd have liked to have seen him in a few dead games late in the year (Carlton? Doggies?) - especially if he was thought of then as a sort of chance of playing finals - just to see if he could pick up the pace of senior footy without the pressure of stuffing up in a big game. A few of our sore guys could have been rested for him.

No certainty to play this week but he did enough to still be in the mix I guess.

Hansen maybe a good to great player in the future but yesterday was a case of giving the kid a taste of do or die finals footy because IMO, it may have been better to have kept Brown because he could have filled the void as the third tall in the forward?

Sorry champ but not after Browns piss poor effort against Geelong.

Lachlan had one more possession than Brown did last week so we didnt lose anything by playing him and Lachlan is at least in the clubs future plans.

I am glad you watched the game, because you obviously haven't been watching any of the games that Brown has played in.

i thought he had a great 1st quarter but still got pushed off the ball a bit to easily the desire was there but if i was the coach i would bring in kasey green just because we will need all 22 players contributing and i believe an experienced and versatile kasey green(we can play him back forward or on the ball) would be a better player to have in the team when playing off for a spot in the grand final.

Much better option that Brown ... much better defensive pressure in the forward line. However, he didnt look like taking a grab deep forward, he's just not stong enough yet. I think we should be looking at Campbell, provides great defensive forward line pressure and could easily kick a few. Just provides another quick forward to rove off Drew, Edwards and Hale. We dont need another tall.

At least this week they will take 25 over and we will have flexibility in case it rains etc. Obviously would want to play a small if it rains. Dont think we need Green with Lower in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hansen - how did you rate his game?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back