Harry hindsight

Remove this Banner Ad

Blue Life

Debutant
Jun 28, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Saw the other thread re JK and it got me thinking about 'that' trade..

My understanding is that Bower who is now one of our best defenders was asked to be a part of the trade and he refused.

So my question is on current form this year and both have had really good seasons if you had to pick one of JK or Bowse to be part of the Judd trade who would you choose...I know its all in the past but interested to see how people rate these guys against each other

My understanding is that Bower who is now one of our best defenders was asked to be a part of the trade and he refused.

So my question is on current form this year and both have had really good seasons if you had to pick one of JK or Bowse to be part of the Judd trade who would you choose...I know its all in the past but interested to see how people rate these guys against each other

Bower. JK looks ok but nothing special , I think Bower will end up a star.

JK by a fair bit. Bower plays on the 3rd tall, they aren’t as hard to find as pure centre half forwards like JK. Imagine how good he would be in navy blue.

We seem to have many backmen that play on the third tall.
Who plays on tall one and tall two :confused:

Anyway, I'll back Bower every time and I like the fit with Carlton.
Do have a look at some of his scalps this year, to date.

Having said that I do wish JK all the best. Why not?

Well you have Jamison playing on the opposition best forward and then you have Waite playing at centre half back. This then makes Bower or Thornton playing on the third tall, depending on the match up. Should be pretty obvious.

I don't have anything against Bower, but if I had to choose out of the two to keep at my club, it would be JK hands down. Anyone that thinks otherwise is harebrained.

My memory of the Judd trade was that we never had an option in deciding to keep Bower or JK. At one time both were discussed in the trade, then once Carlton baulked at that West Coast went VERY hard on JK. Basically, the Eagles wanted JK almost more than the number 3 draft pick.

JK showed some great signs under Ratts in those 6 weeks that Ratts coached at the end of 2007. Dissappointing to lose JK (he'd be great up in our forward line now) but given the cards on the table and having seen Judd play I still very much agree with the trade.

Kennedy is a hack who will never live up to his expectations. I hope he does OK but reckon we pulled off a brilliant move....

What he said ...

If Kennedy spent less time at Mcdonalds and Hungry Jacks when he was down here, and actually bothered to work harder on his fitness and work-rate, the club might not have been so eager to trade him.

He'll be okay player for the Eagles, however why have any regrets ??? when he was at Carlton, he just looked dis-interested, slow and wasn't very fast at all.

I'm very confident Bower will have a better career then Kennedy ...

I have no idea why so many fans want him back ...

My memory of the Judd trade was that we never had an option in deciding to keep Bower or JK. At one time both were discussed in the trade, then once Carlton baulked at that West Coast went VERY hard on JK. Basically, the Eagles wanted JK almost more than the number 3 draft pick.

JK showed some great signs under Ratts in those 6 weeks that Ratts coached at the end of 2007. Dissappointing to lose JK (he'd be great up in our forward line now) but given the cards on the table and having seen Judd play I still very much agree with the trade.
^^^^^this^^^^^^

And not these posts from two trippers with no idea.
Kennedy is a hack who will never live up to his expectations. I hope he does OK but reckon we pulled off a brilliant move....
What he said ...

If Kennedy spent less time at Mcdonalds and Hungry Jacks when he was down here, and actually bothered to work harder on his fitness and work-rate, the club might not have been so eager to trade him.

He'll be okay player for the Eagles, however why have any regrets ??? when he was at Carlton, he just looked dis-interested, slow and wasn't very fast at all.

I have no idea why so many fans want him back ...

Well you have Jamison playing on the opposition best forward and then you have Waite playing at centre half back. This then makes Bower or Thornton playing on the third tall, depending on the match up. Should be pretty obvious.

I don't have anything against Bower, but if I had to choose out of the two to keep at my club, it would be JK hands down. Anyone that thinks otherwise is harebrained.

If Waite does not play as a forward next year then I am going to barrack for Collingwood ( I cannot stand Malthouse, Eddie, Davis, Fraser, Didak, .. :eek:)
I don't care who else you want up there - imagine how dangerous and unpredictable if we had him up there as even the 4th ! mobile tall. Not that we are likely to have Fev, Carlos, Hammo/Kreuze all up there with him but even if we did along with Eddie and Yarran or Walks or Mitch or Carrots - C playing defensive HFF - shit we wouldn't need him to, Waitey would be defensive and attacking.

Roll on the finals of 2010 :)

JK by a fair bit. Bower plays on the 3rd tall, they aren’t as hard to find as pure centre half forwards like JK. Imagine how good he would be in navy blue.

What planet have u been on???

Riewoldt and Franklin 3rd talls...urrrrrr???????? Not sure about that.

Further, on occasions he might but thats purelybecause he gives us so much run. Scarlett, Fletcher rarely play on the guns anymore!

What planet have u been on???

Riewoldt and Franklin 3rd talls...urrrrrr???????? Not sure about that.

Further, on occasions he might but thats purelybecause he gives us so much run. Scarlett, Fletcher rarely play on the guns anymore!

Jesus! I really don't post much on this board for this exact reason. Posters like you are so god damn bias and naive it’s embarrassing. Waite was injured, had he been available he would have played on Reiwoldt.

It all depends on what team we are facing. Majority of the time BOWER would get the third tall you numb skull, can't believe I'm arguing about this. Do you ever watch Carlton?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jesus! I really don't post much on this board for this exact reason. Posters like you are so god damn bias and naive it’s embarrassing. Waite was injured, had he been available he would have played on Reiwoldt.

It all depends on what team we are facing. Majority of the time BOWER would get the third tall you numb skull, can't believe I'm arguing about this. Do you ever watch Carlton?

So what ??? Doesn't mean Bower isn't going to be a top-line defender, if he doesn't take the best foward each week, I am more then comfortable with having Jammo in that role, and use Bower as a creative/running CHB ...

How many times has Dustin Fletcher played on the best foward over the years for Essendon ???

Ive watched Carlton probably more times than you have had craps, which doesn't sound like many. Whether Waite is in or not you cannot say he will play on the 3rd talls as he has played on those CHF's and beat them, like I also said before the best defenders these days don't necessarily play on the best forwards, ala Scarlett and Fletcher.

Further his run out of the backline is awesome, always creates a loose man, if you watched the St Kilda game closely and have any idea you would have seen him do this on numerous occasions.

yes, bower created some run and dash, but he did leak 5 goals. He did a reasonable job though. His a kid with potential, but like i said kennedy is a far better prospect.

we were right to keep bower. mastens is the one that will leave a sour taste in years to come

Remove this Banner Ad

Back