Player Watch Harvey Harrison

Remove this Banner Ad

No I was talking about our one and only Will Kelly, who seems to have levitated to the wing in his latest positional change.

It's hard to see Bianco leaving the club he loves but I understand if he does.
Oh, my bad. Yeah, I don't see Kelly around next year.
Bianco wouldn't want to leave, but he is basically dominating and given he is from the 2019 draft (ruscoe too) that at age 22-23 they'd want to be getting a bit more consistent games.

Was playing more midfield last year before his season got derailed. Think it was always the intent to get him back there.
Yup, think with his two hammy injuries last year, they wanted to ease him back into the midfield, but only when he felt comfortable in his body to do so; so they put him forward and re-trained him how to run properly not to put so much pressure on his hammys to limit the injuries.

But last year he would start at centre bounce and move forward. A pure small forward was never gonna be where he ends up

Think HH has the potential to be a very good player at afl level. Some very good tools to work with

Needs to work on the defensive side of his game to make the long term transition to seniors imho. As you’ve said, has the tools to do that, big summer ahead. Glad we’ve signed him.

Being named as an emergency is a nice pat on the back for this young fella.
I think he is primed for a strong season next year. Physically has all the tools, didn’t look overwhelmed by the speed of the game either.

My ideal development is that next year he replaces McCreery’s role, & McCreery takes over Adams’ role.

I wonder why we have him rated ahead of say Ed Allen? Harvey's great don't get me wrong, but isn't Ed the kind of tall/sturdy player we should be developing up forward/down back? There must be some sort of plan with Ed because I was surprised he didn't get a shot at it this year

I wonder why we have him rated ahead of say Ed Allen? Harvey's great don't get me wrong, but isn't Ed the kind of tall/sturdy player we should be developing up forward/down back? There must be some sort of plan with Ed because I was surprised he didn't get a shot at it this year
Allan is a wingman

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Take your own advice mate
fc utrecht mike GIF by AZ Alkmaar

And Howe used to be a forward at Melbourne, people can change positions in their career they're not locked in. That height is wasted being a wingman.

Howe also played in defence at Melbourne.

Not sure why you'd think Allan's height would be wasted on a wing though. I don't think that'll be his position. Looks more comfortable as an inside mid. But a guy of his height, pace and foot skills would be a weapon on a wing if he could adapt to the role.

I don't think he is. Well not yet anyway. Looked completely lost when played there in the VFL. Looked much more at home in the guts.
Yes he's an inside midfielder. Played more outside because of his growth spurt.
Getting used to his new bodyshape.
Dunno, 10CM or more in 12 months. Back issues from this hindered him.

Not sure why you'd think Allan's height would be wasted on a wing though. I don't think that'll be his position.
it's more so you don't really need height on the wing, WHE and Sidey stands at about 180-185cm and they do just fine. I'm not saying he won't do well either but I think we are better off throwing him up forward or inside mid as you suggest and seeing what he's truly capable of before resigning him to the wing for his whole career

it's more so you don't really need height on the wing, WHE and Sidey stands at about 180-185cm and they do just fine. I'm not saying he won't do well either but I think we are better off throwing him up forward or inside mid as you suggest and seeing what he's truly capable of before resigning him to the wing for his whole career
Inside mid incoming

I've always liked taller wingmen. Wright and Barwick exceptions. Historically, taller players haven't been available as options for spots like a wing because they've been playing KPP, or because as players get taller pace drops. But we're now seeing 195cm midfielders so I'm not sure why we shouldn't expect taller (190cm or more) wingmen. Matty Richardson went alright there as an example because of his marking, pace, and athleticism, Cats play Bliclavs on a wing occasionally, we've used Pendles there, we've played Kelly there all season in the VFL and when he played seniors.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back