Harvey: Pay me more or i'm out of here

Remove this Banner Ad

forget about Harvey, at 33 he is passed his best, not that he really ever produced his best on a consistant basis, young guys such as Welsford, McDonald, Dart and Buchannon if given the chance can do equally as well as the likes of Harvey and Moss, also if the Vics are Serious about rebuilding let guys like elliott go, obviously he doesnt want to be part of the CV system, and there are some quality young opening bats in the Premier league at the moment, Matty Inness from Footscray and Tommy Evans from Camberwell are a couple who spring to mind, both are good young cricketers, then theres Nick Jewell who could be anything if given a reasonable run at the top of the order.

Harvey is entitled to top dollar. The guy has forged a wonderful career and has played 73 ODI. He also had a good year with the Vics last year and is entitled to whatever he wants. They have the money to pay him and if i was Harvey i would be ********ed to if they didn't pay me more. He is still the best change up bowler in the country and maybe even the world.

vicpride99 said:
Harvey is entitled to top dollar. The guy has forged a wonderful career and has played 73 ODI. He also had a good year with the Vics last year and is entitled to whatever he wants. They have the money to pay him and if i was Harvey i would be ********ed to if they didn't pay me more. He is still the best change up bowler in the country and maybe even the world.

The facts are that he is now a marginal player at best and his batting and bowling averages last season support that. We struggle when we play him as a 3rd seamer because he can't get early wickets and when we play as the 4th seamer it shortens our batting way too much. He is effectively a number 8 or 9 in the batting order and just doesn't get enough wickets with his bowling. He is a good change up bowler as you suggested but we need a strike bowler.
He is trying to sign a top dollar contract on a below average performance so I'd say he should be given his chance to look elsewhere.
We shouldn't be paying him on any past performance when we had such a shocking season last year. He was a big part of the reason why we fell so far short and it's a bit rich for him to expect to be rewarded.

Catch ya later.

Ditto Elliott.

Crisis? Not sure about that. Off the field they are hardly going to go bust and the writing is on the wall on the field with or without the likes of an aging Elliott, Harvey or the home sick Moss.

If the Vics are going to lose, may as well do it with kids playing the highest level that are given every opportunity.

The first one out the door should be Shipperd.

We should fight to retain Hodge, as he is our premier batsmen.
We should convince D. Hussey to stay - he is the future of our batting line-up.
We should wish Elliott all the best and thank him for his service to Victoria and let him enjoy his dotage in SA.
We should also buy Jon Moss a wedding present and thank him for his solid service. The man captained Victoria, after all.
We should ask Inness to stay, but understand that he won't if we don't plan on playing him.
Finally, we should stand firm with Harvey. He is replaceable, and if another state wants him and wants to pay top dollar, then fine.

VIC 05/06
Arnberger
Klinger (up for grabs)
Hodge
D. Hussey
Jewell
White
Crosthwaite
McDonald / Welsford (up for grabs)
Harwood
Lewis
Wise

People have been saying that Harvey's performances have been crap this year, if anything since his dumping from the Austrailan team he has improved his game and doesn't go out there to smash every ball. I'm all for him changing states though, it will give our team some more balance, we have to get rid of these all rounders like Moss and Harvey who give us less potency in batting and bowling.

Here are Harvey's stats for 04/05 for Victoria, I don't know why everyone is saying he had a ******** season:
Code:
		M	I	NO	Runs	HS	Ave	100	50	Ct
Batting 2004/05	9	15	3	434	90*	36.16	0	3	3	
		Balls	M	Runs	W	B/B	Ave	5w	10m	
Bowling 2004/05	1289	58	599	21	4 83	28.52	0	0

johnnyhoward said:
People have been saying that Harvey's performances have been crap this year, if anything since his dumping from the Austrailan team he has improved his game and doesn't go out there to smash every ball. I'm all for him changing states though, it will give our team some more balance, we have to get rid of these all rounders like Moss and Harvey who give us less potency in batting and bowling.

Here are Harvey's stats for 04/05 for Victoria, I don't know why everyone is saying he had a ******** season:
Code:

He had a good Pura Cup season

His ING series, particularly for an international one-day cricketer, was poor.

johnnyhoward said:

Code:

I'd say that is a very poor return from someone demanding top dollar.

Three lousy 50's and a heap of other starts that he didn't go on with.
With his bowling not one 5 for.

I agree OldSchool, he has no reason to be demanding top dollar, but I'm just saying he fulfilled his role as the bits and pieces allrounder. Still, I'd be glad to see him go somewhere else if he wants the cash, his career is nearly over and with a double ton to his name what better time to ask for some money?

Cleavy said:
born in Wodonga, Vic.
Sure it wasn't Albury?? :D NSW can have him!

As for Harvey, I am more than happy for him to leave. Have been critical of him for several years now and with a good young Victorian all-rounder in Tim Welsford playing some good cricket, the time is right to move Harvey on.

Harvey has talent, but lacks performance and consistency. He is very experienced but lacks leadership.

from todays Herald Sun:

Ian Harvey's future in Victorian cricket will be known on Tuesday.

Victoria has taken the first steps to avoid an exodus of playing talent by saying it will offer the allrounder a new contract. However, whether Harvey stays with the Bushrangers next season is still uncertain.

The Victorian board is yet to decide whether to grant allrounder Jon Moss his wish to break a contract and return to New South Wales or block his request, as it did with opening batsman Matthew Elliott.

Bushrangers batsman Brad Hodge is weighing up an offer from NSW and is no certainty to stay, despite reports to the contrary.

But fast bowler Mathew Inness will be offered a new contract

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back