Has okeefe actually got a preferred club or not

Remove this Banner Ad

Johnn26

Rookie
Aug 11, 2008
Queenstown
AFL Club
Collingwood
Just like to know has okeefe got a club he favours or is he happy to see what happens and where he could end up. The pies continue to be linked in every article but if they have pick 11 off limits why worry, but okeefe may be keen on coming to us who knows what to believe.

i think o'keefe has a preffered price in mind rather than a club, but he would probably look at carlton closey as they are BUYING a strong team(as much as it pains me to say it)

Your right in what you say but the pies may surprise because it was stated the other day that Mick is a huge fan of this guy and how he plays the game. The blues will trade pick 6 I think as they seem keen on him.

i would be a little annyed if we did trade for him, not that is think he is shite, just he doesn't really fit our needs and sydney want 1st roudner for him. carlton have enough youth now that i think they will offer up pick 6, carlton are starting to buy a fairly decent side!

205-million-dollars-us-in-cold-hard-cash1.jpg

I don't understand why Mick would be such a big fan of O'Keefe, when rumours suggest that we could have had him in exchange for Nick Davis prior to his sooking off to the Swans?

Buy low/sell high, Mick.

I think if he is moved it will be to the Bombers with Lovett involved in any deal.
He would be good for us but the price might be too high

Would be happy to get him but no way would i give our first pick. He is not what we really need at the moment so there is no need to move heaven and earth for him. If we can lets keep our first 2 picks in the draft unless something comes up that we cant say no to.

I'm a firm believer in the adage that you can never have enough good players on your list. Regardless of needs O'Keefe would be an asset to our side. Hypothetically if he was to come to the magpies, he could release Didak or Davis into the midfield permanently and from what I have seen of Davis in there recently, I would be over the moon for this to happen.

In saying that, I don't think he will be at the club next year.

A second rounder + R.Shaw won't get the job done and I suspect that they would be after one of our young forwards, which are definately off limits.

Agree on getting good players to the club but don't want to give up too much for a player we already have. I would offer a second rounder and Shaw or even Rusling if they would take him but i don't think it will get the job done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do NOT overpay for ROK. Medhurst is exactly the same player and just as effective...in fact didn't Medhurst take his spot in the AA team??

I really don't understand why the pies would entertain any idea of trading for ROK, unless its out of the bargain basement bin.

Remove this Banner Ad

Has okeefe actually got a preferred club or not

Remove this Banner Ad

Back