Have/Would you name your pet after your favourite Lions player?

Remove this Banner Ad

Have had a dog, affectionately known as Boofa for sometime, amongst other nicknames (such as Sunshine, etc, etc, etc -will stop now to avoid wall-to wall vomiting!) Nothing to do with the current listed players.

But hey, a bonus in the end!

Home Brand

Originally posted by blackys_chick20
i used to have a rabbit named blacky... i was 6 so it was well b4 the simon black at the brisbane lions era.. but does that still count?????
We had a black moor(?sp) gold fish called Simon for a while.

I wouldn't name a pet after a player.

My pet is a little Jack Russell with big attitude so therefore needed a big name to reflect this so called him Max.

However, at a Lions training session one afternoon a couple of years ago when Max was just a wee puppy he slipped his colar and ran off. Straight to the sheds where some players were boxing training, riding bikes etc. I was mortified, but had to go get him. He ran straight through everyone else and into the arms of ................. yup you guessed it Steve Lawrence! I was of course calling Max to come back but selective deafness took over. By the time I got there Steve had Max in his arms and was playing with him. I went up apologised and took Max back. Cute dog I was told what's his name. Max I replied then heard a chuckle. Standing right next to Steve was Matthew (Max) Kennedy with a massive grin on his face. I didn't have the heart to explain.

heheh ripper...
we had a chicken named blacky, whitey & browny.. but we just didnt have an imagination... so thats why they ended up like that.. & that was quite a few years back now...

that also would be before the blacky & browny time.. but i would have been in the whitey tim3e i reckon....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

cool Lions2k2 ;)

channel 10 last year showed a dog that was named 'Vossy'

id dont think id call my pet 'lynchy' mb AL though :p

not footy but collin miller named his two dogs "richie" and "benou"(sp?) :p

Hey Ripper, I'm sure a long haired cat would've suited the name Lin-Ton rather than a siamese. For those Brissy ppl, Wayne Linton looked alot like Marc Bolan from the band T Rex but that's probably way before most of the posters times...........LOL. Think we I'm showing my age now!

Remove this Banner Ad

Have/Would you name your pet after your favourite Lions player?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back