Toast All Australian Lions 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

IMO that article is just a big sook and not appropriate for a club website striving to be winners.

I’m not a fan either. It’s probably embarrassing for Harris as well. Leave it to the fans to make noise about it on socials but it shouldn’t come from club land.

If we did want to take this tone with our communications, let’s fully own it and put McIvor in charge of socials. At least he’d commit to the bit and pull no punches.

Just stupidity by the club. In particular referencing an opponent we happen to meet in an elimination final the following week. I can understand an independent journalist maybe writing something like this, but club sanctioned, wtf? As others have said not only is it cringe, it is probably embarrassing for Harris and if anything, places extra pressure on him.

Bad take all round really.

Last edited:
Obviously the club is really hurting over this. But there are ways of getting it out there without coming across as a bunch of precious whingers and letting the opposition know you're hurting.

I thought we were a club focused on team achievements. Bin this before journos looking for a headline get hold of it.

Well I do too . In fact I'm spewing.

Letting the world know we're mentally soft over which player wins what probably goes with how we're perceived.

Would I write and publish that? No

But I think that’s a bit of an overreaction. It’s an individual award thing and they’re just agitating for qld representation. Don’t really care what the nuffies from other clubs think. Sticking up for big dog Harris.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It goes with modern societies ravenous appetite for never ending news/information... people/organisations think they have to continually come out with content which means you're occasionally going to stuff up with meaningless drivel.

It's why I have largely given up on MSM, get my info from selected Podcasts, random scrolling and Big Footy. :eek:

It goes with modern societies ravenous appetite for never ending news/information... people/organisations think they have to continually come out with content which means you're occasionally going to stuff up with meaningless drivel.

It's why I have largely given up on MSM, get my info from selected Podcasts, random scrolling and Big Footy. :eek:
I talk to people on the golf course and drunks in the pub.

Weird one. I mostly agree with the article but its bizarre for the club to have actually published it. Couldnt have been that hard to just hand all the details over to a friendly journo and got them to publish it themselves

Would I write and publish that? No

But I think that’s a bit of an overreaction. It’s an individual award thing and they’re just agitating for qld representation. Don’t really care what the nuffies from other clubs think. Sticking up for big dog Harris.

Same.

It's the club equivalent of "flying the flag". I don't really think it would raise much of a ripple in the broader footy world - it won't get picked up on afl.com.au and most of the footy world ignores us anyway. But it may find it's way into the eyes of some of the AA selectors which is probably the desired effect.

Same.

It's the club equivalent of "flying the flag". I don't really think it would raise much of a ripple in the broader footy world - it won't get picked up on afl.com.au and most of the footy world ignores us anyway. But it may find it's way into the eyes of some of the AA selectors which is probably the desired effect.
The article was shown and brought up on Footy Classified I think when Caro said it was embarrassing that Andrews was left out to which Kane retorted that the article and the Lions was embarrassing. Caro to her credit also highlighted how there were no Queensland selectors and that Glen Jackovic was pushing hard and apparently seemed to steamroll all the AA selectors to leaving out Andrews, which Kane denied.

There's consistently been favouritism to West Aussie teams thanks to Jakovich

Need a meathead former Lion on the panel. Maybe Martin Pike can crack a few skulls

I appreciate this is player voted, but note to Dunks, start giving cheap shot punches to unsuspecting opponents next year and perhaps you'll be the most courageous player.

Aside from Harris not being named AA, Butters winning this award was the second biggest joke of the Awards.

The bar must be pretty low at Melbourne / Collingwood for May / Maynard to have been nominated given they're two of the biggest thugs in the comp, along with Butters.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast All Australian Lions 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back