List Mgmt. Hawk's List Management for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks for the support, good to be here. I could have been clearer about how I thought Weddle could be played. I picture him ultimately playing HFF, but getting a lot of his possessions on the wing. Leading up hard to the wing to help transition from defence, burning defenders going forward when we win a turnover, and a marking target within 50m.

Thanks for the support, good to be here. I could have been clearer about how I thought Weddle could be played. I picture him ultimately playing HFF, but getting a lot of his possessions on the wing. Leading up hard to the wing to help transition from defence, burning defenders going forward when we win a turnover, and a marking target within 50m.
Brant's Law: When Weddle has the ball within 70m of goal, Hawthorn score.

Now, we just need to play him Half Forward & get him up to 20+ disposals a game.

Moore and MacDonald both off to Exos training camp, wonder if this points to getting more midfield minutes. Amon going too, back to the wing ?
Interesting to see how it pans out.
PS I don’t like the start of daylight savings, to many snarky posts.

Gunston is going too, don't think it has much to do with positions mate

Gunston is going too, don't think it has much to do with positions mate
Could be, thought Gunners going was two fold, get as much as he can out of himself for his last season and take a heap of notes for his future coaching career. The others maybe around building their tank hence the thought about where they play next year. When we did the 3-peat we had a heap of players rotating thru the midfield.
PS this is my 1000 post so big shout out to the mod’s, ITK’s and all the posters on BigFooty.com, from the thoughtful to the random. Loads of fun, thanks to all.

I'm happy to retain as many of the best 30 types in to next year. If there is mid season trading we could have some very attractive trade targets for clubs affected by LTI's.

Most of our players are still on an upward trajectory and they will only get more valuable trade wise with another year under their belt.
We do appear to have an excess of talent which is struggling to get a game in the seniors, but injuries and suspensions can happen at any time.

Players out of contract at the end of the year

1. Bennetts - cat b - can we keep him on cat b and outside the count? Could get promoted
2. DGB - not sure he stays?
3. Morrison - he will play the market as a UFA and see what offers of money and opportunity he can get
4. O'Sullivan - likely gone, too many small forwards way ahead of him
5. Phillips - cat a - did ok when given opportunity, but with Barrass and Battle coming in, he is gone
6. Stephens - cat a - hasn't impressed at BHH, likely gone
7. Tucker - cat a - developing ruck with endurance issues, likely gone
8. Wingard - already retired
(Reeves or 1 other, likely traded)

If they all go except Bennetts extending as a cat b and with Reeves being traded so Ramsden and JUH 2.0 get to be back up rucks then that's
  • 3 spots on senior list (after adding Barrass and Battle)
  • 2 rookie cat a spots
Senior List - Hardwick, Nash, Chol, Day, Ginnivan, CJ, Scrimshaw, Sicily, Amon, Hustwaite, Impey, Lewis, C.MacDonald, B.MacDonald, MacKenzie, McCabe, Moore, Newcombe, Reeves, Watson, Weddle, Meek, Ryan, J.Serong, Ward, Worpel, Breust, Butler, D'Ambrosio, Dear, Frost, Gunston, Maginness, Barrass, Battle (35/38)

Rookie cat a - Blanck, Ramsden, Scaife, S.Mitchell (4/6)

Rookie cat b - Bennetts?, JUH (2/2)

NEXT YEAR

In 2025 players out of contract who will be potentially delisted/retire
1. Breust
2. Butler (if we need spots he could be delisted this year and paid out for 2025)
3. Maginness
4. S.Mitchell
5. Ryan
6. Scaife
7. Gunston
8. J.Serong
9. Frost

They will need good years or they could be gone...

Priority to sign next year - Meek, D'Ambrosio, Dear, Ramsden, Worpel, Ward

So Far

1.Stephens, Tucker and Wingard have left
2.Phillips looks to be getting interest from a few clubs
3.DGB is unknown atm, likely gone, still uncontracted
4.Morrison is being offered a contract, so likely staying
5.O'Sullivan uncontracted, maybe trade surplus?
6.Bennetts could be pushed out if he doesnt get cat b or we have another cat b option we like better? (Cody Anderson?)
7.Reeves signed until 2026, staying
8.Maginness is being chased by Essendon, Frost by Sydney, i doubt either happen, im open to Maginness moving on to open up room for MacKenzie and Ward to shine more often

So Far

1.Stephens, Tucker and Wingard have left
2.Phillips looks to be getting interest from a few clubs
3.DGB is unknown atm, likely gone, still uncontracted
4.Morrison is being offered a contract, so likely staying
5.O'Sullivan uncontracted, maybe trade surplus?
6.Bennetts could be pushed out if he doesnt get cat b or we have another cat b option we like better? (Cody Anderson?)
7.Reeves signed until 2026, staying
8.Maginness is being chased by Essendon, Frost by Sydney, i doubt either happen, im open to Maginness moving on to open up room for MacKenzie and Ward to shine more often
You're about a week late here. Morrison has signed on for two years, and Finn and Frost have both been confirmed as staying. Remove them from your list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could be, thought Gunners going was two fold, get as much as he can out of himself for his last season and take a heap of notes for his future coaching career. The others maybe around building their tank hence the thought about where they play next year. When we did the 3-peat we had a heap of players rotating thru the midfield.
PS this is my 1000 post so big shout out to the mod’s, ITK’s and all the posters on BigFooty.com, from the thoughtful to the random. Loads of fun, thanks to all.

Yeah I'd like to know what they'll actually get up to over there training wise. I had a look at the place they're visiting website and they get a lot of NFL guys in during the off-season but that's clearly such a different sport and you need to train different things. I tend to think it might be agility, speed type stuff they'll work on mostly but who knows

You're about a week late here. Morrison has signed on for two years, and Finn and Frost have both been confirmed as staying. Remove them from your list.
They could still get traded if the right offer came along. They aren’t exactly untradable like Newcombe or Day. Harry the most unlikely considering teams could have come hard for him as a free agent.

They could still get traded if the right offer came along. They aren’t exactly untradable like Newcombe or Day. Harry the most unlikely considering teams could have come hard for him as a free agent.
Realistically - why would we trade Frost, Morrison or Maginness?

Frost has held down a KPD spot for 8 seasons straight and the other two played both our finals.

What is the “right offer” that would see us look to move on players we just signed on for contract extensions?

Seems counter intuitive.

Why are we still discussing Frost mate? We don't want his go anywhere and club has said so already too.
Maginness - yes may be.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Hawk's List Management for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back