Not open for further replies.

Yze_Magic

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Feb 25, 2003
melbourne
Other Teams
McLean/Sylvia > Anyone
as evidenced by some guy picked after Luke Podge winning a Brownlow tonight with a mammoth 30 votes

Hawthorn recruiters must be suicidal

Worst
Mistake
Ever

Everyone knew Judd was the best young player they'd ever seen of his age group... he was by far the #1 pick... but Hawthorn and St Kilda could'nt risk a top pick on a kid who they thought had dodgy shoulders.

I remember once hearing Judd's old Caufield Grammar coach who was a good friend of the Hawthorn recruiter.... and told the Hawthorn recruiter that if they didnt pick Judd with the #1 pick they would regret it for the rest of their lives. They didn't listen to him thankfully for us :D :D

Worst drafting blunder - Getting rid of Trent Croad and then asking for him back. :eek:

Think you're being a bit harsh on Podge though. Give him some time.

Saints had a chance, Fremantle(i think it was them) gave the number 1 pick up, so that's another team who could of had a shot at him. it's easy to say oh that team that team.... made a mistake cause they didn't recruit that star player. Hird <or insert any star that didn't go number 1> went at 72? or around there, so can we say that every club made a draft blunder..... it can be said for many stars of the game

Sure every team would love to have Judd playing for them, but the same can be said for hodge and Ball.

Hodge/Ball will both be good players. it's just that Judd has developed quicker then the others. Who knows judd may drop off (unlikely) and ball or hodge come along in leaps and bounds then you will be saying. Oh hawks were masterminds in recruiting hodge.... point is... No one knows what the future holds.

Yze_Magic said:
as evidenced by some guy picked after Luke Podge winning a Brownlow tonight with a mammoth 30 votes

Hawthorn recruiters must be suicidal

Worst
Mistake
Ever

i wouldnt think travis johnstone was the greatest no. 1 pick either ********wit

Michael Jordan was taken at number 3 as well.

Number 1 - Hakeem Olajuwon
Number 2 - Sam Bowie

One other great of the game, one good (but not great player) taken before him.

I feel this may end up the same, but with the number 2 pick being the other great player.

luke ball is pretty good with one year less played than judd.

also judd plays in a team where he is the standout, ball has to compete for brown nose votes from reivoldt, hayes, etc...

really who steals big votes from him?

dan warna said:
luke ball is pretty good with one year less played than judd.

also judd plays in a team where he is the standout, ball has to compete for brown nose votes from reivoldt, hayes, etc...

really who steals big votes from him?
well ultimately St Kilda only won three more games this year than us.

As most three votes go to the winner of a game, it isn't that much of a difference.

Last time I checked - people can't see into the future. It was impossible to see who was going to be better out of Judd and Hodge. Simply, WCE did well and Hawks were UNLUCKY.

NO WHERE NEAR THE WORST.

Luke Hodge is just as good as Chris Judd, just wait untill he puts a pre-season together and plays every game in the midfield next season then i will stick it up all your ass's. Hawthorn didnt get Judd because he will be finished at age 26. I hate seeing people say that Hawthorn wasted there #1 pick because they DIDNT. So just keep you mouths shut and watch...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

silky-smooth said:
Last time I checked - people can't see into the future. It was impossible to see who was going to be better out of Judd and Hodge. Simply, WCE did well and Hawks were UNLUCKY.

if west coast had the first pick and hawthorn had the 3rd, do you think judd would have been at West Coast,
nope i doubt it.
it was luck of the draw and stupidty by hawthorn.

From our perspective we didn't make a mistake at all.

It's as if we overlooked Tony Lockett in the draft and recruited Jason Dunstall.

Chris Judd is a champion player, Luke Ball is a future champion and Luke Hodge has had less of an opportunity than the other two to show his wares yet is already being spoken about as a potential captain.

kingsleyhunter said:
NO WHERE NEAR THE WORST.

Luke Hodge is just as good as Chris Judd, just wait untill he puts a pre-season together and plays every game in the midfield next season then i will stick it up all your ass's. Hawthorn didnt get Judd because he will be finished at age 26. I hate seeing people say that Hawthorn wasted there #1 pick because they DIDNT. So just keep you mouths shut and watch...
If you think Hodge is as good as Judd your on something, stupid one eyed comment. You cant say that Judd will be finished by 26, anyone can blindly predict the future Hunter. I can see where your idiotic views come from with a player like Kingsley Hunter as your nickname.

From a Hawthorn supporter i think it was the wrong decision taking Hodge over judd, but how was anyone supposed to know judd was going to be that good, or that his shoulders were gonna stay attatched, Hodge will be a great player, Maybe in the Voss hard kinda way, but you just cant predict these things, Chriss judd pure excitment machine.

Before this year Judd had polled 12 Brownlow votes, all last year.
Ball polled 1 last year and 8 this year. Given he debuted a year after Judd, he isn't that far behind where Judd was at the end of last year.
Judd has the runs on the board for this year, lets see how Ball goes next year before we compare the two.

dipper86 said:
if west coast had the first pick and hawthorn had the 3rd, do you think judd would have been at West Coast,
nope i doubt it.
it was luck of the draw and stupidty by hawthorn.

Actually yes. The Eagles themselves said they couldnt believe that Chris Judd was still available at #3... and to prove it they could very very easily have taken Graham Polak who was a talented Key Position Player and I think went at #4 which was exactly what the Eagles needed at that time..... and there were more than a few people in Perth questioning why the Eagles took Judd.... but the Eagles said he was simply too good a player not to take.

There was no luck of the draw about it. Just Hawthorn did not have the balls to select Judd due to his shoulders... Eagles did.

Total Package said:
Actually yes. The Eagles themselves said they couldnt believe that Chris Judd was still available at #3... and to prove it they could very very easily have taken Graham Polak who was a talented Key Position Player and I think went at #4 which was exactly what the Eagles needed at that time..... and there were more than a few people in Perth questioning why the Eagles took Judd.... but the Eagles said he was simply too good a player not to take.

There was no luck of the draw about it. Just Hawthorn did not have the balls to select Judd due to his shoulders... Eagles did.

Mate ofcourse there gonna say this now, when he turned out to be such a gun, what are they gonna say we picked him because he was the next best thing behind hodge and ball, no, no matter what the recruiters are always gonna back up who they picked no matter if it was right or wrong.

dipper86 said:
Mate ofcourse there gonna say this now, when he turned out to be such a gun, what are they gonna say we picked him because he was the next best thing behind hodge and ball, no, no matter what the recruiters are always gonna back up who they picked no matter if it was right or wrong.

Take it from someone who has followed his career since day 1. They said it before he even played his first game for the club that he was going to be special. Try as you might to justify Hawthorns mistake you can't.

Not justifying it buddy, just stating things arn't all black and white, and if your've been following him from day one you need to go out a little more.
Fact is that when Hodge and Ball were taken 1 and 2 Judd was the next best thing at that stage.
Hawthorn said the same thing about hodge that he was going to be special. who they picked, St kilda siad the exact same thing as Ball. take it as you like.
and no i am not trying to justify my club, i have already stated in this same post a little back that we did F%&k up.

What is even funnier is that Chris Judd got 30 votes while the entire Hawthorn football team got 29 votes :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back