Club Focus Hawthorn 2024

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
Data from footywire. To check the draft order see the thread here.

Footywire says: "While we make every effort to keep up to date with player contracts, it is likely that our data may at times be out of date, incomplete or inaccurate. If you find any player contracts that need updating, please let us know using our brand new contract submission form."

Hawks needs in the 2024 draft in my view are:
no particular order
  • midfielder
  • ruckman
  • KPF
We already have 3 pure rucks on the list and 2 ruck/forwards.

We’d only need another ruck if we trade 1 out.

Yep also a no to a ruck.

1 KPD
2 KPF

Don't think we need a mid with Mackenzie starting to come on and Ward racking up 30 plus in the ressies. Not even taking in to account Hustwaite and McDonald who was a mid in his junior days.
KPD absolute priority to develop over next few years and see how blanck comes on. Harry OFarrell would be perfect. Wouldn’t mind finding a quick genuine right winger as well with a later pick given we missed Darcy Wilson last year but any pick after our first assuming we take it to the draft should be best available. It’s a deep top 30 from what I’ve seen would love to see us take a few picks, Travaglia whilst not a need I think will be a star.

Yep also a no to a ruck.

1 KPD
2 KPF

Don't think we need a mid with Mackenzie starting to come on and Ward racking up 30 plus in the ressies. Not even taking in to account Hustwaite and McDonald who was a mid in his junior days.

Alot depends on Denver right and how Blanck comes back from injury?

I would think a KPD is a must. Probably a veteran one to fill the gap. Frost is having a great season but will not be there for the contending years. Getting somebody in the 23-26 year old bracket would be the best move which is why I assume you are heavily into Battle.

Not really. He’s probably 5th in line at best for a spot in the backline at the moment.

Sicily
Weddle
Frost
Serong
Phillips
McCabe
Blanck
DGB

We’re in the market for a top line defender to improve our 22, or one like Battle that would allow us to release Weddle or Sicily up the ground.

I would think a KPD is a must. Probably a veteran one to fill the gap. Frost is having a great season but will not be there for the contending years. Getting somebody in the 23-26 year old bracket would be the best move which is why I assume you are heavily into Battle.
We've gotta fit McCabe in shortly.
Fitness permitting, he's penned in for a debut in the next month.

Not really. He’s probably 5th in line at best for a spot in the backline at the moment.

Sicily
Weddle
Frost
Serong
Phillips
McCabe
Blanck
DGB

We’re in the market for a top line defender to improve our 22, or one like Battle that would allow us to release Weddle or Sicily up the ground.

Did not think he was that far back.

For sure he would be out the door then I assume.

Remove this Banner Ad

Club Focus Hawthorn 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back