News Hawthorn and Skechers sign on for 2023 and beyond

Remove this Banner Ad

Joel Embiid isn’t French. Both Kane and Embiid have global marketability our sport could only dream of - but sure, sneer at the fact a growing sporting brand wants to be part of our club.

‘But ThEiR ShOeS are UgLy’ - yeah, Nike make some absolutely god awful shoes in my opinion, doesn’t stop me living AF1s and Dunks and buying them.

And if you think athletes spruiking a product doesn’t change hearts and minds - have a look at Nike’s market position before and after they got on Michael Jordan from the start.
They don’t make football boots anyway and their runners aren’t really high performance so don’t think our players will be forced to wear their shoes or anything, they are just a shoe company that happens to be our sponsor be no different to being sponsored by RM Williams or Blundstone or something. Besides their shoes aren’t even cheap anymore and they are very popular with nurses and old people for their therapeutic value .

Joel Embiid isn’t French. Both Kane and Embiid have global marketability our sport could only dream of - but sure, sneer at the fact a growing sporting brand wants to be part of our club.

‘But ThEiR ShOeS are UgLy’ - yeah, Nike make some absolutely god awful shoes in my opinion, doesn’t stop me living AF1s and Dunks and buying them.

And if you think athletes spruiking a product doesn’t change hearts and minds - have a look at Nike’s market position before and after they got on Michael Jordan from the start.
They don’t make football boots anyway and their runners aren’t really high performance so don’t think our players will be forced to wear their shoes or anything, they are just a shoe company that happens to be our sponsor be no different to being sponsored by RM Williams or Blundstone or something. Besides their shoes aren’t even cheap anymore and they are very popular with nurses and old people for their therapeutic value
Would prefer the all Gold back as an option from the 80s/90s
Speaking of the back of our jersey saw this version of a hawks jumper on a local junior club wonder how it would look with our sponsors etc it’s a design we’ve never done before I know but we went back to the black number on white square design in the mid 2000s so anything is possible.

Attachments

• IMG_1973.png
    IMG_1973.png
    558.3 KB · Views: 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Back