Hawthorn or Collingwoods Mids

Remove this Banner Ad

Outside of Hodge, Pies midfield is better and alot deeper too.

Hawthorn Collingwood
Hodge Swan
Mitchell Pendlebury
Sewell Davis
Lewis Mccarthy
Ellis Didak
Burgoyne Obree
Bateman Ball
Young Thomas
Savage Beams
Tuck Wellingham
Shiels Sidebottom
Rioli Johnson
Williams Blight
Duryea Macaffer
JKT Barham
Peterson

its preety even not pies by a fair way

At the moment I'd pick Collingwoods just because more of our players are playing good footy compared to yours, but you aren't at full strength though. Pies have advantage in the ruck as well however.
Other than the game last weekend Hawthorns mids usually dominate us. I think on paper Hawks look better but on form you have to go with the pies.
Out of interest how many midfielders that would have a place in your first 22 are injured?

At the moment I'd pick Collingwoods just because more of our players are playing good footy compared to yours, but you aren't at full strength though. Pies have advantage in the ruck as well however.
Other than the game last weekend Hawthorns mids usually dominate us. I think on paper Hawks look better but on form you have to go with the pies.
Out of interest how many midfielders that would have a place in your first 22 are injured?

Burgoyne Mitchell
Sewell Young just back Lewis just getting over concussion

Hawks are more talented. Fully fit with all their midfield playing they are pretty close to Geelong and the Saints in terms of both depth and talent. We have a collection of young mids however that are started to come through and prove themselves quality players in Beams, Wellingham and Sidebottom. Beams and Wellingham in particular are dominating for us.

Right now our midfield is better because of injuries and form, but looking at the Hawks midfield in it's entirety they have the better players.

In terms of pure talent, Hawks, but come the end of the season, it may be a different story depending on how a few of our mids develop.

Hawthorn Collingwood
Hodge Swan
Mitchell Pendlebury
Sewell Davis
Lewis Mccarthy
Ellis Didak
Burgoyne Obree
Bateman Ball
Young Thomas
Savage Beams
Tuck Wellingham
Shiels Sidebottom
Rioli Johnson
Williams Blight
Duryea Macaffer
JKT Barham
Peterson

its preety even not pies by a fair way

Thats your midfield?

lol

I can now see why you guys are 1-4, that is terrible.

Ellis is a half back flanker and a shit one at best, and Bateman is just crap.

As for most of the rest, they should be at box hill, not masquerading as AFL footballers.

Thats your midfield?

lol

I can now see why you guys are 1-4, that is terrible.

Ellis is a half back flanker and a shit one at best, and Bateman is just crap.

As for most of the rest, they should be at box hill, not masquerading as AFL footballers.
As soon as we start getting a good discussion going this guy comes and wrecks it all with this dribble. Enjoy your yellow card.

if we're including rucks then collingwood by far...

without rucks then yeah it's pretty close - before we picked up ball i'd say hawthorn due to our shortage of inside ball winners - but thats changed now..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if we're including rucks then collingwood by far...

without rucks then yeah it's pretty close - before we picked up ball i'd say hawthorn due to our shortage of inside ball winners - but thats changed now..
So Luke Ball is the answer to your inside midfielder problem?

Hawthorn has atleast 3 players that are better inside than Ball.

Doesn't say much for you.

So Luke Ball is the answer to your inside midfielder problem?

Hawthorn has atleast 3 players that are better inside than Ball.

Doesn't say much for you.
luke ball plus the further development of wellingham, pendlebury, beams, sidebottom

eitherway our midfield seems to have been stacking up well against everyone we've played so far.

Hodge is the difference between the two probably, though if you include rucks it's probably even.

Take Hodge out of the game two weeks ago and we would have won by 120 points.

Both a little lean. Both can cover for that quite often by their application to the task, they probably follow coaches instructions as well as anyone.
And both superior to your mob. Hawks have been pathetic, but I think they have a number of their mids either underdone or injured. On paper and talent wise they still have a fantastic midfield.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawthorn or Collingwoods Mids

Remove this Banner Ad

Back