News Hawthorn Racism Review - No player name speculation - opposition posters tread very carefully

Remove this Banner Ad

Wrong. Hawks did what they had to do by the rules of the AFL.
Correct. For reference below, once the HFC had the report outlining serious allegations they were duty bound by the AFL’s protocol to hand over the report to the AFL integrity unit.

I will pin this post, as it seems to be a constant query.

3FB2C172-49CC-4619-8AE6-C93597A89870.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's a few parties wanting their pound of flesh on this. Both Nth and Brisbane are claiming impact to on field performance because of how this was handled with Fagan and Clarkson. Completely independent of the claims brought forward by the indigenous families. So essentially a compromised season. Yes you can argue we didn't cause the disruption, just reporting what I've heard - hence why the AFL may extend to financial and draft sanctions
So if the AFL found nothing, do we also get to put our hand out for the disruptions. How absurd

Yeah, would likely switch to only watch VFL, no more AFL. At least I could watch BH and see the kids develop
As frustrating as it would be, I hope we all galvanise around club and young team, not walk away completely. They're the ones really being punished here.

As frustrating as it would be, I hope we all galvanise around club and young team, not walk away completely. They're the ones really being punished here.

Could be a supporter galvanising moment like the storm salary cap in the nrl.

It's no secret every team cheats the cap in that league, for the storm to get punished made the supporters stand up and fight.

I feel this is similar. Every club has skeletons, and if the league punishes us, I feel it will unite our fans as an FU to the league

Sorry to intrude but I've heard some whispers and I thought I'd share them.

Hearing it's first round pick this year and next year's second.

$1,000,000

Public apology to all involved including Fagan, Burt and Clarkson.

Hawthorn will accept because they don't want to be on the AFL'S s**t list.

Enjoy your afternoon's.
A very hefty punishment you've managed to extrapolate from your whispers

This punishment...is for doing what, exactly?

It's why I'd take that 'inside information' with a grain of salt. Roo supporters have been frothing at the mouth about this.
Yeah, but we have one of our own with a history of being accurate saying it’s on the table.

For the life of me, I cannot figure the reasoning that gets the AFL there, so wasn’t really worried until Phil’s post

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's a few parties wanting their pound of flesh on this. Both Nth and Brisbane are claiming impact to on field performance because of how this was handled with Fagan and Clarkson. Completely independent of the claims brought forward by the indigenous families. So essentially a compromised season. Yes you can argue we didn't cause the disruption, just reporting what I've heard - hence why the AFL may extend to financial and draft sanctions
They can say what they like. It won't stand up in a court of law purely based on cold hard evidence. North aren't suddenly losing because Clarko isn't there. How is it exactly compromising Brisbane? Is it the reason they are 8-3 instead of 11-0?. Utter nonsense that this clutching at straws argument is gaining traction. It's Hawthorn's fault the 3 accused are the ones implicated in this apparently. Nothing about due diligence in finding out exactly what had occured which we did. Utter crap. Expect Gowers to be seeking legal advice as we speak.

$1,000,000

Enjoy your afternoon's.
A good source told me that Norf are doing everything possible to go Back2Back2Back wooden spooners, I can’t divulge my source but you heard it here first.

You too have a great afternoon and remember shoulders back and walk tall, you’ve got this.

Last edited:
Totally agree and this is why the AFL has no leg to stand on. It's important to remember that this originally was a welfare check on our past First Nations players and staff after the Rioli's aired their grievances.

This is an extract from Gowers statement (article below) the other day:

“It wasn’t commissioned as a report to start, but it was a welfare check on our past First Nations players and staff … it was leaked, and that blew everything up,” Gowers said.

“We simply wanted to check in on the wellbeing of past First Nations players and staff to see if they needed any extra support. The club provided that report to AFL Integrity, not only because we are required to do so, but it was also the appropriate avenue to have the allegations tested and investigated.

“It was also our expectation that this would allow all parties to give their versions of events as Gillon said last night, the leaking of that work had a significant impact – it did not allow for a just and fair process.”

So to recap:

1) It started off as a welfare check that we're assuming didn't have any confidentiality clause inserted.

2) Then after the the welfare checks were completed the club has then commissioned a report into the findings and assuming once again not thinking to add any confidentiality clause.

3) At this stage you'd assume the club has informed the players / partners that aired their grievances in the welfare check that the club is following protocol and handing the findings over to AFL.

4) Hearing this the players / partners go to the media more than likely not being confident in the AFL. With no confidentiality clause applied the players/ partners are exempt of being charged of anything if this goes to court.

If the the AFL are going to sanction us financially for not inserting a confidentiality clause when it transitioned from a welfare check to a commissioned report then so be it but there's no way in hell that the sanction can be for draft picks. When other clubs have brought the game into dispute for far worse but haven't had draft pick sanctions I find that very hard to believe and I would be absolutely disgusted if the league even considered it. At the first hint of the league doing so then I'd fully expect the club to lawyer up and take them to court.

If the AFL want to angry at anyone then it is the players / partners for taking the story to the media. The problem the AFL has is it cannot be seen to be angry at them because the perception it will give that the players / partners are lying. So yeah we'll blame the HFC instead.

In your recap you are inserting an extra step at (2). The welfare check and the report were one and the same.

$1,000,000

Enjoy your afternoon's.
Lol Norf

Yeah, but we have one of our own with a history of being accurate saying it’s on the table.

For the life of me, I cannot figure the reasoning that gets the AFL there, so wasn’t really worried until Phil’s post
To be fair he did say 'on the table' which is pretty much what Gil has alluded to by leaving the door open for sanctions against us

Can confirm 1st round pick is definitely on the table

... just reporting what I've heard.... - hence why the AFL may extend to financial and draft sanctions
PM , you normally post well. However, saying 'confirm/definitely'...then follow up with 'what I've heard' is misleading at best.
We all hear lots of things but I question whether its 'confirmed definitely'.
It's such early days into the investigation of HFC , I highly doubt anything has been definitely confirmed.
No doubt you have heard something but it's how it's conveyed is the issue.

A good source told me that Norf are doing everything possible to go Back2Back2Back wooden spoons, I can’t divulge my source but you heard it here first.

You too have a great afternoon and remember shoulders back and walk tall, you’ve got this.
"The first team in the 18-team completion to go back.... to back.... to back. They're three-peaters! They are remarkable."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back