Recommitted Hayden Ballantyne wants out

Remove this Banner Ad

I did make a mistake, but you will find Lecras is 3.2. Typical eagles take the 'soft kill' and round-up...

Not a bad effort for a witches hat to lay so many tackles...

Well i'm taking my stats from Footywire who round up, you might want to spend some time there and start to learn something about the game.

Back to the original point however, Lecras is still outperforming Ballantyne so no he wouldn't go ahead of him in the pecking order. If you are that keen on Ballantyne you can have him in a direct swap for Brad Hill.

Well i'm taking my stats from Footywire who round up, you might want to spend some time there and start to learn something about the game.

Back to the original point however, Lecras is still outperforming Ballantyne so no he wouldn't go ahead of him in the pecking order. If you are that keen on Ballantyne you can have him in a direct swap for Brad Hill.

Seems valid, online forum is the perfect place to learn about football ;)

So your suggesting pick 18 is a true value?

Market value for Mackenzie is at it's lowest as he's still trying to find touch coming back from his knee injury.

However he's still contracted to us, and he's a required player with our current tall stocks being the way they are so his value to us is higher than his perceived market value. Being a required player we aren't going to let him go at market value as there is no incentive for us.

It's that simple.

Perhaps I should use your logic from previous posts.

Ballantyne (29) was All-Australian in 2014 (you seem to stress this point when pitching Mackenzie's value) and has played 35 games in the past two seasons kicking 41 goals. His contract is 400k.

Mackenzie (28) upon reflections has zero All-Australians. Just in case you missed that, zero. He has played 13 games the past two seasons. His contract is 600k.

Ballantyne has requested to leave Fremantle, Fremantle appear OK with that.

Mackenzie has not requested to leave West Coast, West Coast are not looking to get rid of him.

As I said you have a fixation with us trading out Mackenzie on the cheap - which is something we don't have to do.

You got Lake at age 30 for a pick in the 40s and a pick swap in the 20s. You got Frawley as a FA. That's great. We're not going to give you Mackenzie at 28 for pick 40 or whatever your 3rd round pick is. If that's what you think he is worth, look elsewhere. If you really want him, offer more. Simples.

Ballantyne has requested to leave Fremantle, Fremantle appear OK with that.

Mackenzie has not requested to leave West Coast, West Coast are not looking to get rid of him.

As I said you have a fixation with us trading out Mackenzie on the cheap - which is something we don't have to do.

You got Lake at age 30 for a pick in the 40s and a pick swap in the 20s. You got Frawley as a FA. That's great. We're not going to give you Mackenzie at 28 for pick 40 or whatever your 3rd round pick is. If that's what you think he is worth, look elsewhere. If you really want him, offer more. Simples.

After all he did have a dominant All-Australian year in 2014 right?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whats the Latest on Ballantyne ?

A few minutes after Lloyd (Fremantle's list manager) spoke, Vozzo (West Coast's) had his turn.

Vozzo expressed a positive interest in Ballantyne, but said that their priority so far has been getting the Mitchell deal done, along with getting some height into the club. Karl Langdon interpreted that to mean "not interested", but I think a late deal is still on the cards.

Sounds like Vozzo has gone cold on Ballas because Mitchell dropped into his lap

I think we've always been Luke warm on Ballas. Doesn't fill a need with us and we have better options in Lecras and Cripps.

Last edited:

My theory as well.

My guess is Ross has told Frodo he won't be guaranteed a regular game in 2017, so he's seeking another club to try and keep his career going. He wants to stay in WA as he's got business interests here because he's trying to get the best of both worlds.

Would rather we use pick 54 on Liam Ryan if he's still available or we may need it for bidding on Jake Waterman.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Hayden Ballantyne wants out

Remove this Banner Ad

Back