Hayden Ballantyne

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are paid professionals and should what they're told, not what they'd prefer.
Couldn't agree more. Can't believe Ross has to make suggestions and hope they heed his 'advice'

It should be a non-negotiable.

Every team in the competition would have the 2014 and prior version of Ballantyne in their 21. Having a shit year and now hurt. Ross would be mental to put him up for trade, the perfect pressuring forward pocket in my mind.

Big opportunity for the other Hayden - Crozier to cement his place in the team, has been in & out but played some good footy at the end of last year.

Fortunately for us we aren't too bad in the small forward stocks, though Ballaz is still one of our most important players. When he plays well we usually win.

Big opportunity for the other Hayden - Crozier to cement his place in the team, has been in & out but played some good footy at the end of last year.

Fortunately for us we aren't too bad in the small forward stocks, though Ballaz is still one of our most important players. When he plays well we usually win.

In all fairness, he's played pretty shit this year and we have still usually won.

His role has changed ...he's defensive forward laying pressure

I reckon that role is so underrated

Ballantyne has niggle factor and that often distracts opposing players .....he took on beat Geelong in a one man war at skilled stadium in that final and other games against Geelong.

He's wrecked a few western derbies for our mob ....I'm not a Ballantyne hater ...met him a year ago and he's a good bloke. If he plays for you ...you love him ..if he's an opposition player you hate him

Will he be missed ...yes ...is he replaceable ...yes.

Who would you replace him with?

I,would go mzungu ...defensively very good

He tackles really well ....just get him to compete ....or swing Lacey Neil forward and play mzungu on ball a bit also

I,would go mzungu ...defensively very good

He tackles really well ....just get him to compete ....or swing Lacey Neil forward and play mzungu on ball a bit also

Lachie is a brilliant crumber but I'd worry about taking him out of the Freo midfield engine room. Mzungu is a definite option.

Lachie is a brilliant crumber but I'd worry about taking him out of the Freo midfield engine room. Mzungu is a definite option.

Yup ...similar

Ross Lyon is very good coach ...he will come up,with it

Can swing Pearce forward also ...Fyfe .....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His role has changed ...he's defensive forward laying pressure

I reckon that role is so underrated
Uh.

Freo have moved from a defensive inside 50 press to a full ground zone. If anything Ballantyne should be getting more chances to kick goals. Simply has been average as hell this season. his intensity has been down as well. I like the guy when he's up but every fremantle fan would agree he's been really average this year. Freo need more targets up forward because Walters and quick clearances have been the only scoring avenue in the past 6 weeks

Uh.

Freo have moved from a defensive inside 50 press to a full ground zone. If anything Ballantyne should be getting more chances to kick goals. Simply has been average as hell this season. his intensity has been down as well. I like the guy when he's up but every fremantle fan would agree he's been really average this year. Freo need more targets up forward because Walters and quick clearances have been the only scoring avenue in the past 6 weeks

Freo ball movement has been a lot slower which hasn't helped

Yes he hasn't been great in terms of goals but freo is never going to be a high scoring side with Ross Lyon coaching

I honestly think the biggest problem is that he doesn't act like a flog any more. He thrives on that. I can't stand him, but if I was his coach, I would be telling him to go out there and annoy the living sh*t out of everyone. Seems to fire him up and get him going as well.
I think you're on to something. He plays well when he's niggling, and he niggles because he's playing well. When he's not playing well, he can't niggle because that'd just be stupid, and therefore can't gain that advantage. Sort of like an infinite loop.

Choosing to wait until he's injured to start a thread. :thumbsdown:

#sobrave

We all know how obsessed you are with Freo, but try to stay classy, trolling injured players isn't a good look.

lol

fat-tony-air-violin-o.gif

Even the Bay would recoil from this thread.
Agreed. I don't visit the main board much any more. The trolling is more prominent and less inventive and trolling injuries seems to be standard fare.

I'll head back to where the standards are higher.

Agreed. I don't visit the main board much any more. The trolling is more prominent and less inventive and trolling injuries seems to be standard fare.

I'll head back to where the standards are higher.

And yet you perpetuated it further.

Thread's done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back