Hayden Skipworth

Remove this Banner Ad

“But Hayden Skipworth from people that you speak to that are in and around this process, they couldn’t be more impressed with him today.
Skipworth has been at Collingwood since 2020 where he’s served as head of the club’s academy and an assistant coach.

Gabelich says that many consider him to be the strategic mastermind behind the club’s 2023 premiership success
“People at Collingwood couldn’t be more impressed with him,” Gabelich said.

“They think he was the mastermind behind their 2023 premiership and Craig McRae has spoken about this quite openly I reckon across the last 12 months or so and he’s very popular with the players.
“He’s done a long apprenticeship, he’s coached his own team. So, I think we're going to start hearing a lot more about Hayden Skipworth.

“When you see a key contender emerge late, sometimes it means that they might get it.”

“But Hayden Skipworth from people that you speak to that are in and around this process, they couldn’t be more impressed with him today.
Skipworth has been at Collingwood since 2020 where he’s served as head of the club’s academy and an assistant coach.

Gabelich says that many consider him to be the strategic mastermind behind the club’s 2023 premiership success
“People at Collingwood couldn’t be more impressed with him,” Gabelich said.

“They think he was the mastermind behind their 2023 premiership and Craig McRae has spoken about this quite openly I reckon across the last 12 months or so and he’s very popular with the players.
“He’s done a long apprenticeship, he’s coached his own team. So, I think we're going to start hearing a lot more about Hayden Skipworth.

“When you see a key contender emerge late, sometimes it means that they might get it.”

Haven’t we heard this before? This assistant or that assistant was the ‘mastermind’ behind a flag, before they took up a senior coaching position? We heard it about Bucks and our forward press in our 2010 flag, and about Longmuir and our defence(?) in our 2018 flag tilt.

I of course wish Skipworth the best, but winning flags in the modern era requires a lot of different inputs and a ‘whole of club’ effort. There is no single ‘mastermind’.

Haven’t we heard this before? This assistant or that assistant was the ‘mastermind’ behind a flag, before they took up a senior coaching position? We heard it about Bucks and our forward press in our 2010 flag, and about Longmuir and our defence(?) in our 2018 flag tilt.

I of course wish Skipworth the best, but winning flags in the modern era requires a lot of different inputs and a ‘whole of club’ effort. There is no single ‘mastermind’.

True....but apparently it's not the Fly who owns all the intellectual property...

From what ive seen of skipworth under fly v when he coached under bucks. Complete different.
It's like he felt more freedom to be more vocal and honest. He opened up, so obviously the environment under fly has helped him greatly.
Took on greater leadership and voice at trainings. Was able to do things his way. Believe even had the reigns to coach a few pre-season games.

Plus, we've been hearing that Leppa is the mastermind for a couple of years. It's a shame you can't trade coaches, as we've got a surplus of masterminds.

Plus, we've been hearing that Leppa is the mastermind for a couple of years. It's a shame you can't trade coaches, as we've got a surplus of masterminds.

easy for you to relax about this, but i've been worshipping the fly for 2 years and now i've been told that my love is wasted and i should have been worshipping the skip....not that i would because he looks weird

so i suppose the Lep will take over the skip's duties .... hopefully we can get rid of that old campaigner, the ned, and we can get the lep to take his duties too...

steven king collapsed and went to hospital. It seems that it's between the skip and that hardwick clone at richmond. The skip is in perth this weekend, hanging out with the City Beach crowd, trying not to look out of place. Simmo had that role down pat.

I think the City Beach crowd might put him in place until they get a real coach.....i'd be surprised if he gets more than 3 years because they'll pay the last one out from spare change from friday drinks...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wait until the contract is announced. I think a few of the high profile candidates told the pyke that he needs to wait a couple of years......the skip will get a short term contract as a development coach and then get the flick for something more corporate...

You could argue that simmo got the gig without much profile but the skip won't cut the mustard in front of the perth media...i've seen him in preseason interviews. Malthouse ate perth journos for breakfast and simmo charmed their pants off....the skip just isnt the man.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hayden Skipworth

Remove this Banner Ad

Back