HDFL Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

anyone else a little bit shocked Ned Glascott didn’t win a runners up or a best n fairest last night for the U17s league vote count, he came third place i personally couldn’t believe it after seeing his form this year in the seniors and 17s. kids got talent and will definitely be a future senior best and fairest winner.

anyone else a little bit shocked Ned Glascott didn’t win a runners up or a best n fairest last night for the U17s league vote count, he came third place i personally couldn’t believe it after seeing his form this year in the seniors and 17s. kids got talent and will definitely be a future senior best and fairest winner.
Hang in there Ned I think you were robbed.

Maybe some of the undisciplined stuff we've all seen went against him when the umps were voting. Carries on like a flog.

On SM-S911B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hang in there Ned I think you were robbed.

Always next year Ned.

Turning the attention away from u17 football if that’s ok now?

Thoughts on this weeks match ups?
NQ should handle Pimp
HB and swifts will be a cracker though. If Michael Close plays then HB for me. If not, then swifts very narrowly.

Turning the attention away from u17 football if that’s ok now?

Thoughts on this weeks match ups?
NQ should handle Pimp
HB and swifts will be a cracker though. If Michael Close plays then HB for me. If not, then swifts very narrowly.
Folkes won't be playing for Swifts. Lucky to not be going under the knife for a hamstring injury he copped late in the year. 3 month recovery at a minimum from what I have heard.

Key driver from the Swifts midfield brigade so will be a big loss against HB this week and the rest of the season however it plays out for Swifts.

Michael Close not named for the Roos tomorrow. Should be a cracking game!

Tough to disagree as HB appear to be a class above everyone else. Although if you look at last year, HB belted JR in the semi and JR ended up rebounding in a tight prelim and the GF was a contest. Hopefully we get something similar! Assuming NQ can take care of Pimp, they'll probably fancy their chances in the prelim which I see is in Natimuk. Swifts have incentive as GF is at North Park (Stawell)!!!!

Very sad state of affairs in the HDFL when Harrow are close to 100 points better than the 2nd placed side.
Personally think the league has never been in a worse state.
I don’t agree or disagree necessarily but if you look back over the last 20-30 odd years in the district league, every year has had an obvious dominant team or two and an obvious poor quality team or two at the bottom end.
Swings and roundabouts. HB are cashing in now with some terrific top end talent. Those top end players won’t play forever nor will they be at their best forever…..

What was the hold up yesterday (assuming a tie in a lower grade) but the boys on 3wm weren't happy that it was 2:40pm and it was only 3qtr time of the 2's game.

Cobber wanting to cut the 2's short isn't really a great idea this late into the season. Probably needs to be planned a little better to start 10/15 earlier in all grades if not already.

You’re right there has always been a dominant side. Look at yesterday’s final Quanny beat Pimp by 80 points …and over in the Wimmera league down at Stawell Horsham V Nhill have to go into extra time to decide the winner.
everyone thinks Harrow will bottom out eventually which they won’t success breeds success and attracts top quality players who are willing to travel.
Unless 2-3 teams can recruit some A grade footballers and not just one each side needs a handful then Harrow will continue to have in on their terms.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You’re right there has always been a dominant side. Look at yesterday’s final Quanny beat Pimp by 80 points …and over in the Wimmera league down at Stawell Horsham V Nhill have to go into extra time to decide the winner.
everyone thinks Harrow will bottom out eventually which they won’t success breeds success and attracts top quality players who are willing to travel.
Unless 2-3 teams can recruit some A grade footballers and not just one each side needs a handful then Harrow will continue to have in on their terms.
With no U17s and ageing Stars will HB die a slow death like the Southern Mallee Giants? All looks rosey now.

What was the hold up yesterday (assuming a tie in a lower grade) but the boys on 3wm weren't happy that it was 2:40pm and it was only 3qtr time of the 2's game.

Cobber wanting to cut the 2's short isn't really a great idea this late into the season. Probably needs to be planned a little better to start 10/15 earlier in all grades if not already.
Reserves have time on in the finals so I assume that didn't help. Pretty funny that Cobber said that, really enjoy the 3WM coverage but annoying that they don't podcast anything except the local legend segment.
A bit sad that the HDFL seniors finals have been pretty one sided

Reserves have time on in the finals so I assume that didn't help. Pretty funny that Cobber said that, really enjoy the 3WM coverage but annoying that they don't podcast anything except the local legend segment.
A bit sad that the HDFL seniors finals have been pretty one sided
Re: the 3WM coverage...I enjoy it too. Does anyone stream it? You now need to go thru this thing called LiSTNR which you need to register for (no issues there) but it does seem a little "spotty" (cuts in and out). Agreed about the one-sided games. I'm hoping Swifts can re-group. Pimp did well to get to the 1st semi but no real surprise to see them get thumped. Bring on the prelim!

In the HDFL finals the U17s & 2's with have 18 mins plus time on. The U17s last two qtrs on Sunday went 28 & 29 mins. Absolutely crazy. Both are just straight 20 min qtrs in the regular season.

In the 1st week finals at Pimp there were blokes cramping from both teams in the last quarter. An extra 20-25 mins per game.

Thoughts on the Swifts v Bombers game tomorrow?

Swifts didn't give a yelp against the Roos last week. Quanny have had two comprehensive wins admitting against much weaker opposition in Rup & Pimp.

Here's hoping for cracker game. The conditions should finally be ok after the shithouse, winding stuff we've all copies the last few weeks.

Tips:

Seniors - Quanny 12 points.
Res - Quanny 6 points.
U17s - Natimuk 32 points

Thoughts on the Swifts v Bombers game tomorrow?

Swifts didn't give a yelp against the Roos last week. Quanny have had two comprehensive wins admitting against much weaker opposition in Rup & Pimp.

Here's hoping for cracker game. The conditions should finally be ok after the shithouse, winding stuff we've all copies the last few weeks.

Tips:

Seniors - Quanny 12 points.
Res - Quanny 6 points.
U17s - Natimuk 32 points

Great chance for Swifts to make a statement - no Damian Cameron for NQ but no Folkes for Swifts either

Bad luck continues to follow you Ned, 1 point loss. Tough. I think you got yourself confused with Archie, he can play.

The class & experience of Thompson, Pekin & Close will see the Roos home but the've had 6 players kick 29 goals or more. Tough match ups for the Bombers all round.

Swifts to be too strong for the Mountain Men in the magoos.

Pimp will crush the Laharum/Harrow combine in the U17s.

Don't know the answer to the Junior crisis in the HDFL but it will need some strong conversations between clubs and officials over the break.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

HDFL Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back