Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan The Cult of Robbo Essendon Player Sponsor 2016
May 8, 2006
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
NYJ
Heath Hocking:The Mooroolbark kid cements his spot

I think we have finally found our replacement for Pev. A solid built player who can shut down a star onballer and get the ball himself.

He's hard,aggressive, has quick hands,runs hard,has great awareness around him.

Did the job on Mitchell and deserves to keep his spot...and hopefully gets even better at his trade.

He's the best thing to come out of Mooroolbark since....the roller rink???

Re: Heath Hocking:The Mooroolbark kid cements his spot

In the top 10 for us this season imo, tackling machine.

...and built like a brick s@%#house as well.

One of the biggest improvers at the club so far this year and will play out the year no doubt (barring injuries of course)

I've been wondering for quite a while but could someone refresh my memory as to what (if any..) relation he is to Gary?

+1 . The kid can play.I dont think hes played 20 games yet so with more experience he will get better still. I agree that hes cemented his place in the side

Pfft, Johnny-come-latelies.

Seriously though, he played another solid game and seems to be finding good consistency at senior level. Keep the improvement coming Heath. :thumbsu:

I think we have finally found our replacement for Pev. A solid built player who can shut down a star onballer and get the ball himself.

He's hard,aggressive, has quick hands,runs hard,has great awareness around him.

Did the job on Mitchell and deserves to keep his spot...and hopefully gets even better at his trade.

He's the best thing to come out of Mooroolbark since....the roller rink???

Haha. Remember many a childhood birthday party's there.

2 Moorolbark boys playing on one another tonight.

When was he drafted? because i think we have to thank Sheeds for the gems he drafted us before he left :D

He was on the rookie list and it was Knights who promoted him to the senior list.

Remember listening to an interview with him on ABC a few years ago - loved what I heard from him and hoped he made it because his attitude was SUPER!!

I was not on his train as I thought he probably would not quite cut it - a good VFL player type, but was always hopeful to be wrong. I am happy to be wrong so far.....

He was on the rookie list and it was Knights who promoted him to the senior list.

Remember listening to an interview with him on ABC a few years ago - loved what I heard from him and hoped he made it because his attitude was SUPER!!

I was not on his train as I thought he probably would not quite cut it - a good VFL player type, but was always hopeful to be wrong. I am happy to be wrong so far.....
Oh yeah i new he was a rookie, just not when he was drafted

We have so many players that work amazingly hard to get the ball.

eg. Like in the last quarter in our defence, almost certain to be a goal from them, but the pressure we gave just won us the game, and stopped the goal.

He had the 2 years on the rookie list - then was upgraded to the list for last season.

It's too early to do the maths... :( ;)
he's 21

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah very impressed with Hocking. Tough in the clinches and gets it out. Also a fan of his run to support even after the ball has been released. He keeps going. :thumbsu:

Strength around the hips is huge.

Modern game is suiting him to a tee because the umps allow you the time to take on the tackler and he can pretty much run straight into anyone and get his hands free and dish off.

Similar to Ling and the Geelong boys who back their strength to beat the tackle.

Modern game is suiting him to a tee because the umps allow you the time to take on the tackler and he can pretty much run straight into anyone and get his hands free and dish off.

Similar to Ling and the Geelong boys who back their strength to beat the tackle.
Have to agree. He's a pretty solid lad for an AFL midfielder, and I dare say by next year he'll be very difficult to tackle.

Absolutely, that's the way they do it these days -- which is why that dodgy holding the ball decision against him (1st quarter?) stood out like dog's balls.

Yep. I reckon only Hille on our list is bigger around there.

Shit haircut though, needs to do better.

Ssssshhhh boys! lets keep our excitement quiet about this champ : )
I wanna hear other teams say "who the **** was that who tore us a new one" after future wins this season. I am really liking this kid and how he goes about his footy. 200 gamer for sure.

He's been impressive, I've had to eat some humble pie.

But he's slimmed down and the improvement has been huge. I was worried after the Brisbane game, because he started to fall back into some old/bad habits, but he's a young player and I guess he'll do that.

Has he cemented his spot though?
He has for the moment, but Welsh is a better footballer than him, so is McVeigh and Prismall. All three play similar roles and with Reimers also to come back, someone has to make way.

That said, it's a nice problem to have.

I like that he's been able to sneak forward and kick goals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Heath Hocking

Remove this Banner Ad

Back