Heathcote DFL discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

You obviously know very little about cohuna the town, it's like saying rochy should join the Loddon valley fly. They've produced more bendigo pioneers than the hdfl
Cohuna and Rochy are like comparing apples & oranges Cohuna Kangas haven't Won a Flag to the best of my knowledge & Rochy have played in 9 Grand Finals winning 3 in the same period. PS- Rochy did it in the GVFL!

What 9 grand finals since 97? Cohuna has also produced the best footballer in the gv since 97.

Kangas have played in 4 grand finals in that time and ran into tyntynder who 50 games straight and kerang who won 6 flags straight.

What 9 grand finals since 97? Cohuna has also produced the best footballer in the gv since 97.

Kangas have played in 4 grand finals in that time and ran into tyntynder who 50 games straight and kerang who won 6 flags straight.
Was the last time a Cohuna team (Union from memory) Won a flag at the start of the 90s? I was calculating Rochy Grand Finals in that timeline.

Well they are there aren't they? And they had a pretty impressive win today.

You can't just say they shouldn't be there, they were voted in. Gone are the days of travelling 30 minutes within a

You can't just say they shouldn't be there, they were voted in. Gone are the days of travelling 30 minutes within a league to play
The question remains- what benefit is there to the HDFNL of Cohuna joining aside from a rivalry with Leitchville?

You can't just say they shouldn't be there, they were voted in. Gone are the days of travelling 30 minutes within a league to play

From the outside. The issue I see is the Heathcote is a Central Vic based league and if the League was to go out and hunt for other clubs it would be teams out of Central Vic.

I feel sorry for teams like Cohuna that become teams of the edge of leagues. Particularly if they are loosing youth to other areas cause of school locations etc.

My view also is. Sometimes it’s not the best call to join a league in an area where you already recruit from.

I have this strong feeling towards Rochy never heading back to the Bendigo league too.

Why would recruits drive from Bendigo to train in Cohuna when they play half their games around Bendigo.

Play for a Bendigo based team and you only have to drive to Cohuna once.

Doesn't it strengthen the league by adding more teams? This isn't just on a whim by cohuna, to join. They lose their biggest rivalry after they merged with kerang, where if all teams are near the top they end up with grand final like crowds. Ithink the notion that we can have 30 minute leagues is from the 70s, it may be a new concept to central Vic clubs to travel, but I would think travel added wouldn't put it in the top 10 for clubs and leagues travelling in the state.

Most guys from cohuna tend to play footy south or East after they finish school there, so there is the hope they can retain guys they lost in the past by moving to heathcote and they tradionally recruit from square, so the hdfl shouldn't be s problem, but they might get more recruits

Doesn't it strengthen the league by adding more teams? This isn't just on a whim by cohuna, to join. They lose their biggest rivalry after they merged with kerang, where if all teams are near the top they end up with grand final like crowds. Ithink the notion that we can have 30 minute leagues is from the 70s, it may be a new concept to central Vic clubs to travel, but I would think travel added wouldn't put it in the top 10 for clubs and leagues travelling in the state.

Most guys from cohuna tend to play footy south or East after they finish school there, so there is the hope they can retain guys they lost in the past by moving to heathcote and they tradionally recruit from square, so the hdfl shouldn't be s problem, but they might get more recruits

Would you be happy if Maryborough joined the Heathcote League if it strengthened the league

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The problem is the league has already grown to the north by adding in locky and leitchville, so it makes sense to pick up another ex Northern and Echuca league club, if the league hadn't already grown that way, I'd tend to agree and think why add them just add the two bendigo lv clubs,

The problem is the league has already grown to the north by adding in locky and leitchville, so it makes sense to pick up another ex Northern and Echuca league club, if the league hadn't already grown that way, I'd tend to agree and think why add them just add the two bendigo lv clubs,
It doesn't make sense in any way, any more than a previous administration's decision to admit LG. There has not been one argument or point put forward as to how Cohuna entering the HDFNL benefits the HDFNL, it's all how it will benefit Cohuna. The word is there is little interest at either a board or club level for Cohuna.

And look how long do leagues as we know them continue? The loddon Valley will lose 2 clubs to heathcote because theirs no juniors. That leaves only 7 clubs there, and how longc an calivil, serp and miti keep going without merging?

There will be big changes to community footy in the next couple of years in terms of league structure, will we just have a bendigo community comp

And look how long do leagues as we know them continue? The loddon Valley will lose 2 clubs to heathcote because theirs no juniors. That leaves only 7 clubs there, and how longc an calivil, serp and miti keep going without merging?

There will be big changes to community footy in the next couple of years in terms of league structure, will we just have a bendigo community comp

Murray league been explored Trent by the club ?
Just spit balling

And agree on the Loddon league

Remove this Banner Ad

Heathcote DFL discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back