Heeney or Bontempelli

Who would you prefer?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Bontempelli; while Heeney has shown that he is skilful and particularly in the finals, he does not take charge of a game in the way that Bontempelli does. Although I have seen both go missing for long periods of games, Bontempelli often has minimal disposals at half time and Heeney has played a few games this season where he has only had single figure disposals.
I have seen it mentioned that Heeney has more upside as he is younger but there is only 6 months between them and I he is also in the position of having more experience around him.
Heeney only has 37 games. Ask me again after 2017.

What I find most interesting about that is most would say Heeney has had an excellent start to the year and Bontempelli a slow one. The sky is the limit for Heeney but Bonts still has him covered for now.

Bont is an elite player (despite statistics, much like Cyril). A genuine match winner and has been since his first season.
Heeny won't be elite in my mind until he cleans up that bloody kicking. Anyone who has owned him in Supercoach would know how frustrating his hack sky balls and unforced wormburners can be.
Athletically Heeny is superior, but for sheer consistency across the board as a football i'd be taking the Bont.

Heeney has been ripping it up so far this pre season but i believe the Bont will explode this year with Libba back with Dunkley as the extractors to allow bont to take his game even better then his first few years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I couldn’t find a good thread to post this so it looks like I’m bumping this.

Crazy how identical their stats are this season, essentially the same player. Thanks to WheeloRatings for their website. I think I’m on it daily, I recommend it to everyone.

IMG_1355.jpeg

IMG_1356.jpeg

IMG_1357.jpeg

IMG_1358.jpeg

IMG_1360.jpeg

IMG_1361.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Heeney or Bontempelli

Back