Hello all -

I need some help compiling some Friday Night moments for a 2min highlight reel:

* First Friday night game V Collingwood
* Carey's 11 goals V Melbourne in 1996
* Larkin's goal V Eagles in 1998
? Krakouer Bros...
?
?

If you have a fave, please add! as many deatils as possible would be great too!

Thanks heaps,

Heath

Hello all -

I need some help compiling some Friday Night moments for a 2min highlight reel:

* First Friday night game V Collingwood
* Carey's 11 goals V Melbourne in 1996
* Larkin's goal V Eagles in 1998
? Krakouer Bros...
?
?

If you have a fave, please add! as many deatils as possible would be great too!

Thanks heaps,

Heath

Carey's marks against Hawthorn and Essendon in '93.

125th Anniversary game v the Pies, i think we were about 30 points down then Corey McKernan gets the ball still inside the centre square and kicks a goal that turns the game around.

Cary's best goal ever - been on here plenty of times. I am sure a BF poster will remind us of the game.

If you are talking about Waynes left foot banana goal v Essendon, then that was in a day match.

* Phil Krakeours goal of the year v Essendon would have to be included.

* Horse Longmires 8 goals & Norths 11 goal thumping of Collingwood in the 125 anniversary match, round 24 1994.

* Careys 17 marks & 7 goals in Norths 20 goal thumping of Hawthorn, round 3 1994.

* Adrian McAdams 7 goals on debut v Richmond, round 5 1993.

* Careys and Mark Roberts last quarter heroics v Essendon, round 15 1993.

Essendon, 1993, couple of terrific Carey marks, plus a barnstorming run through the middle by Roberts that ends with a big Carey grab.
There is also a Friday night clash against Essendon from 1994 or 1995 (?), Carey kicked about seven, took a big mark running back with the flight of the ball into Hird in the third term. In the last 10 minutes, Armstrong and McKernan kick two of the best goals you’ll ever see (Karen Lyon of the Age can be seen in the Armstrong one celebrating in the crowd!), and in the second term Warren Campbell kicks a freak goal from the boundary.
Against Carlton in 1993, Fridge Roberts kicks a monster torpy goal in the wet.

Last round of 1998 v Bulldogs in front of a huge crowd. I can't think of a specific magic moment but it was a huge night, a top game and we had so many supporters there - not against the big 4 - it's worth remembering.

Yep.
Robert Scott getting cleaned up and then getting up and kicking a crucial goal.

Sounds like a job for Marstermind.

I cant get the search engine working but there was a 'commentary' thread around here not long ago that included a lot of friday night commentary specials from Bruce and Robbo. There were some great lines.

Heath if I have one request can I suggest you dont just use the clip and put it to music, have some of the commentary included too, it was the glory days and the commentary was fantastic especially when we were lighting it up in the 90's. Have background muisic but fade the commentary in and out, and when Bruce and Robbo get excited pump up the volume mate.

Sorry i cant think of specific pieces of commentary but others will.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was that game (either 2004 or 2005 from memory) against the Swans at the SCG where Corey Jones kicked the game winning goal from the deep pocket on a friday night or a saturday night?

Oh, and most definitely this one too;

[YOUTUBE]cy3atFsWYUw[/YOUTUBE]

Was that game (either 2004 or 2005 from memory) against the Swans at the SCG where Corey Jones kicked the game winning goal from the deep pocket on a friday night or a saturday night?

[youtube]cy3atFsWYUw[/youtube]

Round 4, 2005.

If they include Thommos goal then I also hope they include Archers smother & tackle.

That was a weekend afternoon at Docklands with the roof shut. (I know that for sure - my partner went to the game after a close family member passed away that week and I gave up my turn for a Pies/North game. I listened to the game on radio playing with my son at Scienceworks. Amazing finish, make a tit of myself barracking in Itty Bitty Super City.)

that wasn't a friday night, it was a Sunday afternoon ffs!

please can we give Heath the right moments here guys, so he doesn't make a complete fool of himself with this...

Hi Heath,

Would be great to have some footage of Boomer in the 90's running around at the G. Would be very fitting as he is the current captain and one of the only/if not the only surviving players from the glory years.

Keep up the fantastic work :thumbsu:

GO ROOS!

that wasn't a friday night, it was a Sunday afternoon ffs!

please can we give Heath the right moments here guys, so he doesn't make a complete fool of himself with this...
You can even see the writing of Sunday Football through the replays. This game was late in 2005 whereas the friday night match was in round 4 at the G where Tarrant missed from 35 metres to lose the game.

Was Matty Larkin's weaving, spinning goal of the year against West Coke on a Friday night? I can't remember.

Yep, round 6 at the G and Matty had a blinder (31 touches, 2 goals) as North got up 17-21 to WCE 17-8.

Interestingly, Larkin didn't get a Brownlow vote.

3 votes went to Chief D-Mac for 19 touches, 1 mark and 1 goal. He must have been taking out the umpires daughter.

Im sure he is going to check out all the suggestions, or he will get Rob to anyway.

He wouldnt want to take anything as gospel written by a bunch of anonymous misfits on an internet football forum.

Remove this Banner Ad

Help Please - Friday Night hlights

Remove this Banner Ad

Back