judd2carlton

Team Captain
Oct 6, 2007
burma
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
BLUES
Where do you guys think he is at? He's played up forward and we have seen him kick goals in the few games he's played at the swans. Could be a half forward who kicks 20 to 30 goals in the year. Worth keeping on the sydney list in 2010?

I think we will keep him on our list because with the Gold Coast coming in and our lack of tall options up forward its too much of a risk to let him go.

He has been injured all season but if he can get his body right for the 2010 season he will be a handy player.

Where do you guys think he is at? He's played up forward and we have seen him kick goals in the few games he's played at the swans. Could be a half forward who kicks 20 to 30 goals in the year. Worth keeping on the sydney list in 2010?

i would say so.... provides a target, decent hands, only his kicking is a worry

but because of his errant kicking.... few swans supporters would acknowledge the alternative contribution he has to the side unfortunately

I was for letting him go earlier in the year, but now that Mick and Baz are definitely not gonna be around next year it is worth keeping him on the list for insurance in case one of our young bigs go down. As long as he isnt taking game time away from our younger forwards im happy for him to stay on.

If he stays, he plays defence. We have enough tall marking options up forward at a similar level. I would rate Barlow, White, and probably already Johnston (though that's pushing it, given he's yet to play a game) as just as effective tall options up forward. Thrown Goodes into the mix, and perhaps Grundy being released forward, and we don't need him. We DO need another tall defender though, to release Richards.

I think he's worth keeping we need KPP and he can play both foward, back and pinch hit in the ruck. His goal kicking isn't much chop but his field kicking is decent and is a good contested mark.

I was for letting him go earlier in the year, but now that Mick and Baz are definitely not gonna be around next year it is worth keeping him on the list for insurance in case one of our young bigs go down. As long as he isnt taking game time away from our younger forwards im happy for him to stay on.

If were unable to secure a big trade than i agree with the above.

Lewis is not ready to hold down a kp on the best defenders and while Playfair is hardly going to be any more than another member of a football team there will be a role for him to play.

It would be crazy not to keep him. After putting all this time and effort into getting him right and then just let him go? At least, we know what he has to offer and surely it could only but help someone like Lewis Johnstone to have another big body around in the forward line. I dont see how a 5th or 6th round pick would be any better because that is all we would probably gain by delisting him at the very most.

It would be crazy not to keep him. After putting all this time and effort into getting him right and then just let him go? At least, we know what he has to offer and surely it could only but help someone like Lewis Johnstone to have another big body around in the forward line. I dont see how a 5th or 6th round pick would be any better because that is all we would probably gain by delisting him at the very most.

I agree. If he can't stay on the park next year get rid of him but he's shown enough to be worth persisting with.

BBBB and Magic are gone or going.What do we know about Playfair that he can take a mark but his kicking for goal can be a bit iffy. You would you think now that if he can get his body right he would be senior tall forward most likely, this giving him the centre forward corridor and more set shots from in front, and a better chance of coversion as opposed to out on the flanks. Scary, maybe but remember when he first came to the club as a new player it must have been scary for him in purely a football sense to had BBBB a club premiership captain and Magic club games record holder demanding the ball or being natural first choices for team mates further a field with ball in hand roaming around in your zone.This is his chance body permiting for him to make his mark on the team and then hopefully allowing Lewis Johnstone to play on the flanks and receive 2nd or 3rd best opposition backman at the very most.:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like to think that maybe he's used the year off to work on his goal kicking. Surely he's had use of his hamstring for much of the year.

While I know this comment is tongue in check this is actually the concern.

Playfair would have been severely limited on improving his skills with the sort of injury being reported. could not have bulked up too much either as he would need to do this in conjunction with adding leg muscle. Cardio gym work at best really or perhaps non strained jogging but a lot of work will need to be put into Playfairs body when they sort this out.

we will keep playfairy

Remove this Banner Ad

Henry Playfair

Remove this Banner Ad

Back