Herald Shield 2006

Remove this Banner Ad

Champs wear da No.16 said:
Who are those that are in the running to win it?
st bernards should go very close mate. quality list this year...practice match 2nd week of the holidays against assumption at assumption so that will be a showing of where they are at.

wizza14 said:
st bernards should go very close mate. quality list this year...practice match 2nd week of the holidays against assumption at assumption so that will be a showing of where they are at.

Yes should be a good game, ACK are starting to look good with some good new boys and some old ones have improved..

ohhhkid said:
Yes should be a good game, ACK are starting to look good with some good new boys and some old ones have improved..
The comp will be definitly be a ripper with the big schools such as SBC PEGS SPC and De La all having strong sides. But my unbiast opinion is that St. Bernard's are a good bet with names like Foulds, Daniher(Vic), Polkinghorne(Vic), Duyndum(Vic), Jolley, Considine and spear head D. Makdessi looking fit and ready to fire.

The Rock #32 said:
ACK are not starting to look good at all they have no one. They have 1 or 2 players playing Calder Cannons compared to SBC having 16. One thing is for sure is that Assumption have no chance. The comp will be definitly be a ripper with the big schools such as SBC PEGS SPC and De La all having strong sides. But my unbiast opinion is that St. Bernard's are a good bet with names like Foulds, Daniher(Vic), Polkinghorne(Vic), Duyndum(Vic), Jolley, Considine and spear head D. Makdessi looking fit and ready to fire.

The reason being unlike the ACC playing on during the week, they play on Weekends, and School Football is considered more important, thus they arnt aloud to play TAC.

They only had one bloke play TAC last year yet they won the AGS premiership by 12 goals, beating SBC along the way.

footyfanatic007 said:
The reason being unlike the ACC playing on during the week, they play on Weekends, and School Football is considered more important, thus they arnt aloud to play TAC.

They only had one bloke play TAC last year yet they won the AGS premiership by 12 goals, beating SBC along the way.
Yeah that is a fair point and ill take what i said back about Assumption (have they got a good side in ur opinion footy fanatic). Well neway all i no is that it will be the comp to watch for stars of the future and whizza will not be one of those stars. lol

yes mate u did beat us last year but the thing was that last year out first 18 was made up of year 11's and our only regular tac cup player was also a year 11 so that is why werent really a force last year but hopefully this year with the experience of last year and most of us boys having a solid preseason under our belts we will be alot fitter, stronger and better.

yeah thats fair enough but jsut wait and see use mite b a force but dnt comment before the season has even started i play for assumption can i grab a name of u mayb well line up on each other,lol st b vs assumption on da 22nd will b awesome

mate im in the magoos at the moment and have been playin school cricket so havnt been able to impress yet thts if i even ever am able to impress but hopefully ill get in 1's. like i said out team is strong so i know its goin to be hard for me to get in.

Champs wear da No.16 said:
mate im in the magoos at the moment and have been playin school cricket so havnt been able to impress yet thts if i even ever am able to impress but hopefully ill get in 1's. like i said out team is strong so i know its goin to be hard for me to get in.

Do you know 2 kids at St.Bernards called Shae and Rizza?

Parade College should go very well this year. There year 10s last year beat St.Bernands by 11 goals with 5 of there best players out. Very strong in the ruck with Nick Meese and Dan Currie (200cm) and tough onballers. If they can get a full team on the park will go very close

St.Bedes will give the competition a real hot crack this year and do have there share of guns in the two richo brothers and curcio and have 6 other listed tac players including gun captain Alex Bennett

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Simo223 said:
St.Bedes will give the competition a real hot crack this year and do have there share of guns in the two richo brothers and curcio and have 6 other listed tac players including gun captain Alex Bennett

Mentioning Curcio there totally degrades the Argument, Worst player in the MSJFL. Most overrated player ever, only on the dragons list cause his old man played for Carlton. = Not a footballers A**hole.

future29 said:
yeah thats fair enough but jsut wait and see use mite b a force but dnt comment before the season has even started i play for assumption can i grab a name of u mayb well line up on each other,lol st b vs assumption on da 22nd will b awesome
Hey sbc boy here yeah should be a good game SBC vs ACK. I think Parade should be extremely strong but will lack a bit of experience. SPC should go into it favourites but i wanna know how many players they lost from yr 12. St. Bedes yeah should be ok but all through ACC in the last 5 years havnt been a huge dominance. PEGS, DE LA and Whitefriars should also be in the mix. On paper SBC look like a dream team with 5 trying out for vic teams and three getting in last year. They have 17 players on TAC cup lists but not all r playing. They have the speed the hight the skill and what i like the most is that the majority played 1sts last year and so all have the experience. From year 7 to yr 10 this team only lost one game and now we also have 2 vic players coming up from yr 11. But footys a dangerous game so we will wait and see (i predict some major upsets this year). Best school boys comp by far this year.

The Rock #32 said:
Hey sbc boy here yeah should be a good game SBC vs ACK. I think Parade should be extremely strong but will lack a bit of experience. SPC should go into it favourites but i wanna know how many players they lost from yr 12. St. Bedes yeah should be ok but all through ACC in the last 5 years havnt been a huge dominance. PEGS, DE LA and Whitefriars should also be in the mix. On paper SBC look like a dream team with 5 trying out for vic teams and three getting in last year. They have 17 players on TAC cup lists but not all r playing. They have the speed the hight the skill and what i like the most is that the majority played 1sts last year and so all have the experience. From year 7 to yr 10 this team only lost one game and now we also have 2 vic players coming up from yr 11. But footys a dangerous game so we will wait and see (i predict some major upsets this year). Best school boys comp by far this year.

St Pats are very strong from all reports. Much better team than last year.
They will once again show up a number of Melbourne Schools.

Boys we all know that if Haileybury entered the Herald Sun sheild that they would absolutely dominate it. On their man list of 22 they have 17 players who are going to be playing Tac Cup footy this year for Dragons, Stigrays and Chargers. Of the 5 other players 2 of them are playing for Sandringham Zebras in the VFL and the other 3 are all u16's who played for Vic Metro u15 team last year. They would kill anyone in the Herald Sun Shield. They have only lost 2 games in 2 seasons and would easily account for such schools as Whitefriars, St Patricks, St Bernards and PEGS because those schools may have 2 or 3 gun players, but Haileybury have over 10 of them!

hailbury wouldnt be able to beatany of us herald shield teams coz u dont have any heart. to play herald shield u have to have heart and there is no way that u could just walk into the herald shield and win.

The schools which play herald shield would be better then most of the aps schools i can tell u tht.

Irony said:
Boys we all know that if Haileybury entered the Herald Sun sheild that they would absolutely dominate it. On their man list of 22 they have 17 players who are going to be playing Tac Cup footy this year for Dragons, Stigrays and Chargers. Of the 5 other players 2 of them are playing for Sandringham Zebras in the VFL and the other 3 are all u16's who played for Vic Metro u15 team last year. They would kill anyone in the Herald Sun Shield. They have only lost 2 games in 2 seasons and would easily account for such schools as Whitefriars, St Patricks, St Bernards and PEGS because those schools may have 2 or 3 gun players, but Haileybury have over 10 of them!

It's ironic how you talk about all your supposed TAC, State and VFL players dominating the herald sheild cup yet if you do manage to make Herald Sheild, your players will probly have other commitments rather than school football such as TAC, State and VFL.

Just having a look at my st pats herald sun photo from last year, i count 11 of the boys who will be running around again. Not a bad start.

Long JOhn said:
Parade College should go very well this year. There year 10s last year beat St.Bernands by 11 goals with 5 of there best players out. Very strong in the ruck with Nick Meese and Dan Currie (200cm) and tough onballers. If they can get a full team on the park will go very close

Joke of a footy player, parade have at least a dozen better players than him in the year 12 bunch alone.

Did u read wat i said (IRONY) St. Bernard's also have 17 TAC players. A few Vic players and the big names. Plus we have the heart like most Herald Sun Shield teams. simple Haileybury give scholarships. the team would be filled with kids who think their champions and love themselves. Jeez sounds like st. pats r the ones to beat.

'vinylshakerz' the tac cup has a BYE round the weekend of the heraldshield final which means all teams can field there best teams and also all preliminary herald shield games are played during the week which again allows herald shield schools to play there best teams.

i know tht the calder cannons encourage all there players to play school footy. also my school works very closely with the cannons and this allows all players to stay fit and free of injury.

buddy the herald shield comp is the best footy u can play no doubt about it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Herald Shield 2006

Remove this Banner Ad

Back