Herald Shield 2006

Remove this Banner Ad

parade boys,
you should go alright but i dont think u boys will be just tht good enuf to compete with teams from bernards and de la as there teams will be all year 11's.

u parade boys were in the same boat bernards were in last year. im not saying u will be ******** but u boys will lack the experience.

Deegle said:
Joke of a footy player, parade have at least a dozen better players than him in the year 12 bunch alone.
Are You Joking? A massive unit who can move around the ground well. Tell me one player who will stop the 195cm 105kg Nick Meese

Long JOhn said:
Are You Joking? A massive unit who can move around the ground well. Tell me one player who will stop the 195cm 105kg Nick Meese

Yeh he is a big fella but by no means is he a footy player. Selfish,decision making is uncannily poor, basically he tries to do too much and ends up getting himself confused. Not saying I wouldnt want him on my team but honestly not exactly the most skilful or greatest footy brain I've ever come across. There are plenty of ruckman in the HSS (may not be as tall or heavy) that will absoulty embarrass him in my opinion.

Deegle said:
Yeh he is a big fella but by no means is he a footy player. Selfish,decision making is uncannily poor, basically he tries to do too much and ends up getting himself confused. Not saying I wouldnt want him on my team but honestly not exactly the most skilful or greatest footy brain I've ever come across. There are plenty of ruckman in the HSS (may not be as tall or heavy) that will absoulty embarrass him in my opinion.
Went very well against the TAC ruckman last year as a bottom ager and is by no means a selfish footballer. Nick Meese is surprisingly athletic aswell with 20 metre sprint of 3.10 and vertical leap of 69cm, he will dominate the school football and TAC ranks this year IMO

Long JOhn said:
2 players that could stop the lad, either one of the Brown brothers (Nathan and Mitch) from st pats

the_pill said:
2 players that could stop the lad, either one of the Brown brothers (Nathan and Mitch) from st pats

Agree with you there mate, played the Brown brothers last year and their absolute freaks... big, quick, agile, can read the footy like the back of their hand and are good marks!

I went and watched St.Bedes play a praccy match gainst Mentone Grammar today and they did look strong and we're missing at least 10 of there quality players who will play firsts this year. St.bedes did play well with Alex Bennett and Les Watterson dominating and beating Mentone Grammar home by 50 something points

Irony said:
Boys we all know that if Haileybury entered the Herald Sun sheild that they would absolutely dominate it. On their man list of 22 they have 17 players who are going to be playing Tac Cup footy this year for Dragons, Stigrays and Chargers. Of the 5 other players 2 of them are playing for Sandringham Zebras in the VFL and the other 3 are all u16's who played for Vic Metro u15 team last year. They would kill anyone in the Herald Sun Shield. They have only lost 2 games in 2 seasons and would easily account for such schools as Whitefriars, St Patricks, St Bernards and PEGS because those schools may have 2 or 3 gun players, but Haileybury have over 10 of them!

talk it up

daveyboy3 said:
Just having a look at my st pats herald sun photo from last year, i count 11 of the boys who will be running around again. Not a bad start.

I am at st pats right now and yes the squad is looknig very good with shaun Grigg leading the way they will be hard to beat

lakersman said:
I am at st pats right now and yes the squad is looknig very good with shaun Grigg leading the way they will be hard to beat
what kind of team r st pats are they full of the big men or are they more set for a running style of game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Rock #32 said:
what kind of team r st pats are they full of the big men or are they more set for a running style of game

yeh mate bit of both i think we are a smaller kind of team tho this year
but we do have a few big boys like the brown twins and luke kermond and shaun grigg

daveyboy3 said:
The st Pats boys are stronger than last year and will go close to back to back i reckon.
nah you're dreaming. Get on the st.Joseph's geelong bandwagon, will go very very close. Full strength side will be practically all falcons players.

Champs wear da No.16 said:
'vinylshakerz' the tac cup has a BYE round the weekend of the heraldshield final which means all teams can field there best teams and also all preliminary herald shield games are played during the week which again allows herald shield schools to play there best teams.

i know tht the calder cannons encourage all there players to play school footy. also my school works very closely with the cannons and this allows all players to stay fit and free of injury.

buddy the herald shield comp is the best footy u can play no doubt about it.
dont think the cannons were too impressed when limbach broke his arm in school footy and then a few of the st bernard boys were takin soft tissue injuries into the week end games
i no the knights aren't totally keen on the boys playing unless its herald sun shield or the kid is actually on a scholarship

Parade beat st bedes in a herald shield match today by a goal after being up by 5 at half time. Parade looked alrite and still have 4 or 5 very good players to come back into the line up.

Cats fan 16 said:
nah you're dreaming. Get on the st.Joseph's geelong bandwagon, will go very very close. Full strength side will be practically all falcons players.

they were very impressive today against Mazenod. Without making too many excuses Mazenod were misisng 4 or 5 of their best 8 or so players to injury however a 100+ spanking was never gonna be too much reduced if Mazenod did have a full side. Well played St. Joeys.

yep look out for joeys already, massive win over mazenod. New coach who has talked the falcons coach (buddha hocking) into letting the falcons players play school footy for the first time in years. If only it had happened last year when the likes of higgins, stanley, sheringham etc. were allowed to play by the falcons. Could of been holding up that herald shield cup instead of u daveyboy!!!!

ohhhkid said:
Do you know 2 kids at St.Bernards called Shae and Rizza?

EY BRO IT'S SHAE, WHOSE DIS, WHO WANTS TO KNOW, YOU WANNA BRAWL, I PLAY FOOTY.......YEH YOU LIKE IT.....RIZZA IS A MAD DOG BRO.

watch out!!! said:
EY BRO IT'S SHAE, WHOSE DIS, WHO WANTS TO KNOW, YOU WANNA BRAWL, I PLAY FOOTY.......YEH YOU LIKE IT.....RIZZA IS A MAD DOG BRO.
By that response, It must be shae all I want to know is that if you do play for St. B's, are you playing 1's? Also you are a tool.

dilz said:
dont think the cannons were too impressed when limbach broke his arm in school footy and then a few of the st bernard boys were takin soft tissue injuries into the week end games
i no the knights aren't totally keen on the boys playing unless its herald sun shield or the kid is actually on a scholarship

yeh im sure they wouldnt be to impressed but it would be the same if a player was injured on the weekend and the school team was disadvantaged. i know most guys would rather play school footy then TAC cup because they are playing with there mates and are having more fun and are searching for team success rather where in TAC cup there is more of a focus on individual performance.

the thing is what can any of the TAC cup clubs do to stop there players from playing school footy, its not like they can suspend players from playing tac cup because if they did tht then the quality of there teams wouldnt be as good

the_pill said:
St Pats beat catholic college bendigo by 7 points. Anyone know who played well? Did Selwood play?

Yeh for st pats shaun grigg(year 12) and nick suban(year 10) got best on and the brown boys were also impressive once again but the older selwood did not play

Remove this Banner Ad

Herald Shield 2006

Remove this Banner Ad

Back