Herald Shield 2006

Remove this Banner Ad

great win to the joeys boys!! St pats went in thnking they already had a place in the final, but joeys tought them a lesson with a very impressive victory. With players such as Sheringham (probably their best player) to come back into the side, this team looks like it has the goods to take home the coveted herald shield.
Makes me think how far the team could hav gone last year, had the school made all the falcons players play. We had a lot of the guys from this year, plus Danny Stanley (drafted #21 last year), Shaun Higgins (drafted at #11 last year) and Nick Danielle (playing VFL for Geelong). And many other good players as well

PEGS beat Parade by 29 points in the end I think it was in the other semi final. It was pretty close all day with the momentum swaying either way at different stages with Parade often looking as if they were going to run over the top of them but PEGS would somehow find an answer. Parade were very physical late in the 2nd qtr and early in the 3rd and PEGS looked a little timid at times, few egos might've been put back in their place I think.

All the hype earlier on in this thread about PEGS going to smash Parde by 15 + goals was a load of sh*t. If anyone saw the game today I think people might change their mindset about Parade who were very competitive, and without making excuses four key players (1 All Australian) would've made a huge difference with the other 3 making up the holes in Parade's spine today and exploiting PEGS lack of height. What do others think of todays game? Wasn't a bad standard I thought.

It was a good game to watch, with the momentum swinging both ways throughout the match. PEGS were just too good in the end. The absence of Parades key position players showed.

St Joeys for the Herald Shield, although PEGS have some skill, they show no heart and are very timid about putting their head over the footy.

kingcarey said:
All the hype earlier on in this thread about PEGS going to smash Parde by 15 + goals was a load of sh*t. If anyone saw the game today I think people might change their mindset about Parade who were very competitive, and without making excuses four key players (1 All Australian) would've made a huge difference with the other 3 making up the holes in Parade's spine today and exploiting PEGS lack of height. What do others think of todays game? Wasn't a bad standard I thought.

The PEGS Parade game was a big step down from the game before it (Joeys St Pats). There were a lot of weak links running around for both sides which will definately be exploited in the final on the mcg. PEGS had some classy players but joeys will have a lot more leg speed on the bigger ground in the final.
Wasnt a bad standard.....but a massive step down from the game previous!!!

what was with those commentators today in the pats joeys game? i was sitting near them and they were pretty good actually. who were they and why do they do it? were they any good?

So another ACC school look a good chance to win the Herald Shield. What a comp! The knockers should sit down to a big bowl of humble pie I reckon.

Wizzfizz said:
St joseph's College Geelong taught st pats a footballing lesson today as they ran out victors by 34 points at teac oval. The over confident patties were outclassed all over with joeys leading at every break. the standard of footy certainly lived up to expectations, with st josephs star forward jak kennedy hunt kicking 7 goals 1 for the day. St joseph's, still without 3 key players (including jackson sheringham who played vic country), look an odds on chance for the herald shield, the first in their history.

Are you sure about that statement...

I believe SJC won the title in 1985 with a bloke called Barry Stoneham dominating. May have beaten Hadfield College that year.

kingcarey said:
PEGS beat Parade by 29 points in the end I think it was in the other semi final. It was pretty close all day with the momentum swaying either way at different stages with Parade often looking as if they were going to run over the top of them but PEGS would somehow find an answer. Parade were very physical late in the 2nd qtr and early in the 3rd and PEGS looked a little timid at times, few egos might've been put back in their place I think.

It's a pity that Jessop, Spiteri and Veszpremi didn't play because that would have got Parade over the line.Though Spiteri is a little suspect against really good opposition

Unfortunately Veszpremi is under the spell of PK and if the guru says don't play then he don't play, made a remarkable recovery to be fit for the Knights this weekend. Parade don't rely on Veszpremi next year if he is still at school, the Guru will ensure he has an excuse every week.

greatguy said:
You obviously cannot read. MIll Park will win the flag no matter what they have done during the season or where they finish,.....you read it here first

I see Mill Park did not even make finals....you read it here first:rolleyes:

fusion said:
When and where is the final?

Pretty sure its on the 13th of August at the MCG before Carlton Hawthorn (BLOCKBUSTER). It was advertised in the Sun a while back. Dont know about starting times...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wizzfizz said:
what was with those commentators today in the pats joeys game? i was sitting near them and they were pretty good actually. who were they and why do they do it? were they any good?

They were terrible. The commentator with the red hair was horrible.

stillkickin said:
True mate, SPC did have players out due to vic country commitments,why didnt college have any out for this same reason.... because they dont have anyone worthy enough. The same thing has came back and bitten the St Pats coach on the arse the last 2 years not playing a full-strength side against BCC, but anyways ill talk to you after the BAS grand-final when your put back in your place

Ready to talk Stillkickin - you really put my old side back in its place today.

You guys had the better team on paper, but you are arrogant and dont treat the opposition with the respect that they deserve. My old team showed you what happens when you have a red hot go and play for yur mates.

I am waiting for all of your mates to make up excuses why you lost. How many players did you have out today?

Ill tell you why you lost - because you were beaten by a better team on the day.:p :p :p

Go College - you made me fell proud to be an old Scholar today.

I've seen the Joey's team, and they will win this game, alot of absolute guns there. The inclusion of Zac Esler only strengthens an already strong team.

congrats to the joeys boys, getting up by 21 pts today. As a member of the 1st 18 team last year i was disapointed that we did not go far in the herald shield last year, when we clearly had the talent...but its awesome that theyve gone all the way this year and taken out the prestigious herald shield! Go Joeys!!!!

Ozzie72 said:
Congratulations to Joeys!!
What was the score in the end and who was in the best?

i was in it the yr before that cats fan and i too thought we had a better side than our finish reflected! st joeys have been a sleeping giant for some time and its good to see they are getting their act together now. score was 12.14.86 to 10.5.65 best for joeys was tom hornsey abley supported by ryan williams, jackson sheringham and jak kennedy hunt who finished with 4 goals to go with his 7 in the semi...

GO JOEYS!!!

Bench Warmer8 said:
who was best for PEGS?

Don't know their names but number 4, 5, 9, 17 were my choices. I'm an ex-Joeys boy so was pretty pumped to see the boys win. Great turnout of support for the boys also.. they didn't dissapoint. I thought Luke Ryan and Danny Brodrick were great in the second half for Joeys as well as the ones that Tomma mentioned. Umpires were sh*thouse... any fair contest that occured they would pull a free out of, most times in the favour of PEGS but anyway... Goal of the day Joey Macula in the first quarter and mark would be #9 for PEGS.. numerous contentions!

Ozzie72 said:
Congratulations to Joeys!!
What was the score in the end and who was in the best?

Im a PARADE boy and was over the moon when i heard the news that St.Joes, an ACC team had defeated the arrogance of PEGS. Maybe if your heads were'nt so big and had some heart you's mightve won it. But go JOEY'S, good work lads.

Remove this Banner Ad

Herald Shield 2006

Remove this Banner Ad

Back