Herald Sun Shield 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

seems to be a heap of attention and talk of joeys, what about the ekc boys, knowing their system, they are little bit behind every other team due to them not training together as much as private schools, but you just have to look at the talent that has come through the school, i know the school looks after the players well, but the school is clearly suited to help players get drafted rather than play footy for a private school they dont really carew about the results, i know a number of pegs boys who play who dont care weather they win or loose, just as long as they play well.

so dose anyone rate the ekc boys????

do othet private schools look foward to playing this school because they are a better footy school than all the private schools???
i mean how many kids have been drafted from private schools in the past 10 years compared to ekc???

jsy because they wear a blazer and get driven into school by dad bmw or merc dosent mean that youl end up on a afl list, just vecause the schools coach says he knows someone in the know!!!

EKC has some great players. I know they are aligned with the Cannons but also have some Jets kids there. You also have a great coach.

School Footy is broken up into many different footy categories. Private schools are ACC, AGSV, APS. This depends of which sporting association the entire school is associated with. I don't know alot about the government system. I know theses schools compete in the VSSSA in all sports (swimming, running etc). Majority of private schools do not compete in this competition. Due to this, private schools do not get to play EKC very often. IMO - I rate EKC quite high and having the great TAC kids you have it is a pity they cannot come up against the top footy schools more often.

Same as EKC - you will find that ACC schools do not train together much. Most of these kids train with TAC clubs or local. APS & AGSV is a different story. There school football is of high priority. Scholarship kids cannot play any other type of football - not TAC and not local.

:mad: Mate, you should have left you quote there. By going on bagging private school kids you have made a complete tool of yourself.

so ur saying u go into acc games with no intention of winning? thats clearly a lie

joeys have always had the attitude that the acc games don't matter, and in the past have even pulled out falcons players from the herald shield game. When i was playing there we had a very good team, but Danny Stanley and Shaun Higgins didnt play in the herald shield games for us (pick 21 and 11 in the 05 draft). Which cost us. Now the school has pulled its act together and its paying off, making the last two herald shield finals and winning one of them.

yeahh they are with there herald sun sheild games but im sure they would be resting players for the normal ACC fixture, a great outfit they are a lot of speed and height will be hard to beat.
Sorry what sort of connection do you have to the team, I ask because I've seen the team and it's game is heavily reliant on running there is no height what-so-ever.

Down at elstynwick SaleCC went down to St Josephs Geelong by 94 points and in a double header Whitefriars defeated Parade by 54 it seems it is out of The friars and joeys to go through to the semis

Parade seemed to be having not a lot of luck with injuries this year after making the semis last year

Sorry what sort of connection do you have to the team, I ask because I've seen the team and it's game is heavily reliant on running there is no height what-so-ever.
yeahh they have alot of speed in theyre team with rayner hoo is national u18 800m champion and apart of the 4x400m team hoo won gold at the Youth Olympics so he gives plenty of run in the midfeild and players likes lucin also give the team a boost of speed, so speed is definetly a major strength for bernards its their height that is there downside.

St Bernards do have alot of run through the midfield and off half back but struggle with hieght seem to be a team of champions instead of a champion team

(Log in to remove this ad.)

St Bernards do have alot of run through the midfield and off half back but struggle with hieght seem to be a team of champions instead of a champion team
spot on mate and thats how they play there footy and thats how they lost to parade came in and all played for themselves with no intention of it being a team game and a team effort and lost a strong lead. its there brand of footy though it sometimes works but other times :thumbsdown:

Lads you can say all you want about who was out and who wasnt playing but the fact is it comes down to the teams depth. Please dont base a teams loss on the fact that a team was beaten due to missing 1 or 2 players. Who has the best chance of winning the shield?

St Joeys beat Whitefriars today down in Geelong by 5 or 6 goals I think.

While I don't like to make excuses we were missing our captain, our best foward and our best midfielder. Yeh, yeh, they won anyway and good on em. I would like to think we would of got alot closer or won had we had those blokes in. Rather them going through then De La or Bernards, St Joeys were a good bunch of blokes, the other two mentions are a bunch of w***ers and I really hope we flog them in the ACC grand final.

Who will meat St Joeys in the semi's?

notre dame will definetly be the team to watch out for.. grand final side of last year, even better this year.. loaded with talent

St Joeys beat Whitefriars today down in Geelong by 5 or 6 goals I think.

While I don't like to make excuses we were missing our captain, our best foward and our best midfielder. Yeh, yeh, they won anyway and good on em. I would like to think we would of got alot closer or won had we had those blokes in. Rather them going through then De La or Bernards, St Joeys were a good bunch of blokes, the other two mentions are a bunch of w***ers and I really hope we flog them in the ACC grand final.

Who will meat St Joeys in the semi's?
yeah but dont think you realised that about 5 of the falcons players played about half a game each and with bucovaz and christensen out, i dont think they were as good as them 2
like whitefriars played very well but

essendon keoilor college have made it through to the semis after a good
win against box hill today dont know

who they play though any ideas?

Remove this Banner Ad

Herald Sun Shield 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Back