Herald Sun SuperCoach 2008: Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking to upgrade wonamerri cash is no problem... any thoughts on who to get?

Current Backline: Shaw, S.Fisher, Bradshaw, Mattner, Jones, Taylor, Wona
Bench: Wilkes, Proud

I myself am trading Wona to Cornes. You just have to have Cornes as there are not many consistant 100 plus scorers for the backline this year and he gives you another captain option. I am having to do it next week because if i do i will save about 50k. Personally i want another week out of my cash cow Ebert and he should rise 20-30k and if Cornes scores 100 he drops 25k. Wona will probably score about 60 which will see him only drop 7k. So if you are in need of a bit of cash I would hold off a week(assuming you are going to get Cornes).

Will have 265K from cashing in Wona this week.. need to make 2 upgrades with the money as every trade counts now.
Brown is sitting in my backline at $248000. BE 41 Avg 57.5
Stanton in the midfield at $413000 BE 89 Avg 80.3

Backline players reasonably in budget this week are Bradshaw and McLeod, with Bradshaw costing around $180K which... Stanton should stay around $400K, leaving around $480-490K for a mid.
Harvey has BE of 144 and at current Avg would drop to around $485K... is being tagged by Ling presumably so with some luck going this way could net Bradshaw + Harvey. If it doesn't go as planned this would leave Jarryd McVeigh, Mark McVeigh, Montagna, Carazzo, Cornes as options (so not great)

I could trade Brown to McLeod now leaving $525Kish for a mid... meaning best case would be Bartel, Judd, Hayes.. with Corey, Harvey, Cross as backups. Leaves a good range of mids as options.

I could upgrade Stanton now to Goodwin/Hodge leaving $360Kish, and hope McLeod comes down enough... would need another low score. Risky.

So:
1) Bradshaw + Harvey Best case, Worst case Bradshaw + McVeigh etc
2) McLeod + Bartel Best Case, Worst case McLeod + Judd/Corey/Cross
3) McLeod + Goodwin/Hodge best case, worst case = have to spend another trade or hope another back falls to $360ish sometime soon.
4) Keep the cash and wait till next week to decide upgrades.

Option two seems to be the safest, gives me a good range of potential mids, but means gambling on McLeod over Bradshaw. Option three guarantees me a gun mid, but at a higher risk.
Any thoughts? (Apart from not being as stingy) Currently have 9 trades.

Hey everyone, need some opinions here, I am upgrading Marc Murphy this week (firstly, is that advisable? B/E is quite high?) to either Judd, Harvey or Bartel. In three weeks time I will upgrade steven browne to one of those three also. Which one of the three should I get now, and which one in three weeks time? Cheerz.

Out of my weakest players, which order should I be looking to upgrade them?

Out of:

Simmonds
Ibbotson
Rioli
Palmer
Porplyzia (might not upgrade)

I'm thinking that is roughly the right order, sound ok?

After about 3 weeks I should be left with:

Cornes, Shaw, Johncock, Bock, Mattner, Bradshaw, Gilbee
Ablett, Cross, Priddis, Salopek, Deledio, Stevens
Cox, Sandilands
Franklin, Pavlich, J.Brown, Burton, O'Keefe, S.Johnson, Porplyzia

Players in bold would be the ones I'll be trading in in those three weeks. Look ok?

With 6 trades for injuries.

I actually want to get either Kirk or Goodes, but I have a 3 players per AFL team policy in my team and I have Mattner, O'Keefe and Kennelly..

why? i have simmonds, newman, deledio, king and cotchin and this is working fine. What if i also had Richo? There is nothing wrong with four or five players from the same team.

2 trades 2 come this week,

WON> :
Armfield?
Selwood?
Grimes?
Kennedy?

Then,

Stanton> :
Black?
Goodes?
Kirk?
Cooney?
Pendlebury?
Goodwin?
Bartel?

Money will be no problem(i jst cant get gablett),

- If i wanna save some money, wuld look at bartel, goodwin, black, goodes
- Avg wise, wuld look at cooney, goodwin, black, bartel
- least <100 scores, wuld look at goodes, cooney, goodwin
- Injury worries/proneness, black
- thier team overall, wuld look at bartel(geelong), cooney(wb), pendlebury(coll), -top of ladder-
- favouritism, black, bartel, kirk.

i really dont know, it doesnt matter alot in the end, they are all consistant 100+ scorers and can all score big. i think i wanna look outside the square, go with a player nopt many have.....kirk, pendlebury.

plz giv a vote, 3,2,1 (black, bartel, goodes, kirk, penlebury, cooney, goodwin) keeping all points in mind and anything i hav missed out on.

my vote at the moment in:
3 - kirk
2 - goodes
1 - bartel

Hey everyone, need some opinions here, I am upgrading Marc Murphy this week (firstly, is that advisable? B/E is quite high?) to either Judd, Harvey or Bartel. In three weeks time I will upgrade steven browne to one of those three also. Which one of the three should I get now, and which one in three weeks time? Cheerz.

All these players likely to drop $ after this week
Murph 30K
Judd around 7K
Bartel 20K
Boomer 15K

Since your biggest loss is Murph the best trade $ wise is Judd this week.... but Mr Judd likely to cop a Kornes tag this week.

Bartel will bottom out next week. The week after his 65 goes away.
Boomer will bottom out next week also but is likely to stay there for an extra week due to his 3x 70's in a row.

Having said this.. it is supercoach and anything is likely to happen.:eek:

WON> :
Armfield?
Selwood?
Grimes?
Kennedy?

Then,

Stanton> :
Black?
Goodes?
Kirk?
Cooney?
Pendlebury?
Goodwin?
Bartel?

- thier team overall, wuld look at bartel(geelong), cooney(wb), pendlebury(coll), -top of ladder-

i really dont know, it doesnt matter alot in the end, they are all consistant 100+ scorers and can all score big. i think i wanna look outside the square, go with a player nopt many have.....kirk, pendlebury.

plz giv a vote, 3,2,1 (black, bartel, goodes, kirk, penlebury, cooney, goodwin) keeping all points in mind and anything i hav missed out on.

3 - kirk
2 - goodes
1 - bartel

Kennedy & Bartel or Goodes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The pair of hawthorn blokes are on 2 games each, so a rise by them (looking at 80k+) next week if they both get selected. thats all i can see.

im thinking of looking down the line... grimes will be in the melbourne side soon and will stay. so if u need 2 make a downgrade in the mid, go 2 him and jump on the bandwagon before it begins.

WON> :
Armfield?
Selwood?
Grimes?
Kennedy?

Then,

Stanton> :
Black?
Goodes?
Kirk?
Cooney?
Pendlebury?
Goodwin?
Bartel?

3 - kirk
2 - goodes
1 - bartel

3 Bartel
2 Goodes
1 Cooney

Parasite, forget it! if i gablett he wuld be my captain this week.

What did cooney score against rawlings the other week? Cooney had a day out, ripped it up!

now cooney is good, yes. in form, yes.
but
Gablett is excellent and in form.

i cant wait 2 see what sort of score he can string together! to be honest i wuld put money on a 160+

I have 20 trades and 67800 in the bank..what changes should I make this week?

Backs: Macdonald,Bock,Johncock,Bradshaw,Roughhead,Ladson,Mattner (Wonamaearri/Taylor)
Mids: Ablett,Cooney,Goodwin,Pendlebury,Mcveigh,Stevens (Wellingham/Bird)
Forwards: Franklin,OKeefe,Richardson,Medhurt,Deledio,Murphy,Rioli (Valenti/Tippett)
Rucks: Cox,Sandilands (Kreuzer/West)
Got 2557 last week, want to make sure I can keep up my average.

I have 20 trades and 67800 in the bank..what changes should I make this week?

Backs: Macdonald,Bock,Johncock,Bradshaw,Roughhead,Ladson,Mattner (Wonamaearri/Taylor)
Mids: Ablett,Cooney,Goodwin,Pendlebury,Mcveigh,Stevens (Wellingham/Bird)
Forwards: Franklin,OKeefe,Richardson,Medhurt,Deledio,Murphy,Rioli (Valenti/Tippett)
Rucks: Cox,Sandilands (Kreuzer/West)
Got 2557 last week, want to make sure I can keep up my average.

OMG D00d!! you picked Bird over Palmer!!!

noob!

mentioned earlier, no reply
thoughts on Riewoldt? looking to trade Birdman,
Roo 45k less, very good price if fit, or Deleidio extra 16k
Thoughts Please
already have J Brown, Pav, O'Keefe, Porps, Jnr Boy& Buddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back