Herald Sun SuperCoach 2008: Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if I sound like a sore loser with all these comments.

Please note there is no monetary reward in our league and I'm not going for the $30,000 or weekly prize, but rather my competitive nature with my brother, his friends and my friends and I'd like to win bragging rights and that's all.

But my view is the score '0' is just a reference point of where a person starts..It doesn't mean that '0' is some magical number which allows a person to be replace simply because they got a '0'.

For example, if clanger kings like KORNES, MATTNER and STANTON play a whole game and get 30 possessions but because they are clanger kings score they all score '0' does that mean the emergencies play? The only reason why D.Daniher doesn't bring into attention is because he had 4 possession and is not a recognised name....

Anyhow...

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Sounds to me like they aren't using a nullable data type. ;)

Hey guys just like im pretty happy with my score this week - 2219
i did this despite
mattner - 26
bradshaw - 34
roo - 51
rioli - 52
mcintosh - 57
this would be the same for alot of people out there i guess, so theres still plenty of room for improvement

also just wondering whats peoples thoughts on the riewoldt and mattner situation
to trade or not to trade????

Re: Mattner
I was able to watch a Swans game for the first time this year and noticed that Mattner really struggled when opposed to Brad Johnson (which was round 60% of the game I would think). When he was moved onto the halfway through the third and the start of the fourth he got his natural run and freedom back and went some ways to putting together some good numbers - until he then went back on Johnson and gave away some frees and made some clangers.
I think it all depends on his matchup but I wont be getting rid of him just yet.

Thats it, you have to take note of how or why the player scored what he did.
Anyway, Walesy, what does the YTD column mean on your site. having a brainfade.
BTW, am i the only 1 that thinks Bartel may actually reach his B/E this week vs. tiges :p

Cheers Prop.
Big member you are a bearer of great news!
Feel sorry for maguire though, bloke cant take a trick.

Indeed. Straight to the bench to spend some time with The Chad.

And Hodge, c'mon Wona time to pull out the 150's again!
I guess Harding comes on for Roo.
And hopefully Proud or SDT gets named again. Not looking good for SDT though.

Looking for a bit of advice (Walesy, Spartan, anyone really).

Normally i'm one to refuse to even consider trading a player out and then back in later down the track....

However, i'm thinking of trading out the Chad to say Ibbotson/Taylor and then using the money to upgrade reimers to pavlich (what a gun).

That would leave me with shaw, birchall, fisher, mattner (who i will look to trade back to the chad later on), newman, barlow (see mattner) and ibbotson/taylor with pfeffier and s. selwood on the bench.

What further convinces me is IF (though unlikely) the Chad does come back round 8 its against the hawks who are in good form and is unlikely to get his breakeven of 206 :p if he doesn't come back then i'm likely to cop another 0 against a tough opponent this round.
then, if he comes back round 9, its sydney (nuf said) and then fremantle who he hasn't played well against recently.

Thoughts?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably my last chance to pick pav up at a decent price for a while. Only players i am considering upgrading are Porplyzia and Rioli. Both have been good withh Rioli being outstanding so i don't really want to trade either because really they could both be keepers. The rest of my forwards line is Riewoldt Bradshaw S.Johnson B.Johnson J.Brown. And i am keeping Riewoldt, no need to trade a premium who may only miss 2 games.

Ok need Opinions.

Houli is my 5th centre (gah...)
I want to upgrade Waters to Mcdonald this week.

To do this I can either trade out Houli (366,000 - BE of 70) for Browne...
or trade out J Brown for a rookie. (Which will also get me cash for either Wood to Sandilands or Tippett/Gamble to BJ/etc).

Basically should I trade out Houli!?
BE of 70. But I'm not sure.
Will upgrade Bird/Armitage to a gun in the next few weeks also.
hmmm.

Ok need Opinions.

or trade out J Brown for a rookie. (Which will also get me cash for either Wood to Sandilands or Tippett/Gamble to BJ/etc).

hmmm.

I think Houli has run his race. BE of 70 versus Sydney.....

does anyone reckon browne from carlton will hold his spot:confused:

I do...watched the game...he actually slowed down in second half...but ran a muck in the first half...but I'm no expert

BIRD---> BROWNE
N.THOMPSON --> O'KEEFE

Anyway..can someone please answer whether I should downgrade N.STEVENS or R. PALMER with the other being sixth centre for the entire year....

logic would say keep N.STEVENS and downgrade R.PALMER...but Palmer is doing so well...and I wouldn't mind the extra funds downgrading N.Stevens... Or maybe downgrade a ruck and keep palmer and n.stevens...very confused..

Normally i'm one to refuse to even consider trading a player out and then back in later down the track....

However, i'm thinking of trading out the Chad to say Ibbotson/Taylor and then using the money to upgrade reimers to pavlich (what a gun).

That would leave me with shaw, birchall, fisher, mattner (who i will look to trade back to the chad later on), newman, barlow (see mattner) and ibbotson/taylor with pfeffier and s. selwood on the bench.

What further convinces me is IF (though unlikely) the Chad does come back round 8 its against the hawks who are in good form and is unlikely to get his breakeven of 206 :p if he doesn't come back then i'm likely to cop another 0 against a tough opponent this round.
then, if he comes back round 9, its sydney (nuf said) and then fremantle who he hasn't played well against recently.

Thoughts?

Walesy?

My Rucks: Simmonds Woods Kruezer Hampson

Before next round, I am planning to downgrade Houli to Browne, freeing up total cash of $322,200.

I am keeping Simmonds obviously, so who out of Woods and Kruezer should I upgrade to Jeff White?

I am planning to upgrade Kruezer as Woods is guarenteed games, while Kruezer may be rested later in the year, or Hampson may take over his spot...

Anyone disagree with my rational, or have any other advice? Thanks.

Ok need Opinions.

hmmm.

Definately don't trade out Browndog. Houli has indeed run his race, I'll be booting him next week for Bartel. :eek: :D

Thoughts?

Negative. Waste of a trade. Plus you probably will have bigger fish to fry than Mattner. Cornes will only miss another couple. Find the cash elsewhere.

does anyone reckon browne from carlton will hold his spot:confused:

I actually think he will struggle soon. Carlton have 7 missing from their best 22.

Is a gimp. Sorry what? Who? Oh hi Walsey. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back