Herald Sun SuperCoach 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wondering what your thoughts on T.Cloke are finshed 2007 really strongly ended up in the running for the center half forward all-australian. Looks now to be the center piece of collingwoods attack, i think he's well priced.
The interest just doesn't seem to be there, can anyone give me reasons why he isn't considered?

at the moment iv have this decision

S.Thompson/Kosi

or

D.Cross/Cloke

or

Dal Santo/Burton

Really tough decision, would love a couple of opinions on it, cheers.

My team reads like this at the moment.
Backs:
Cornes. Fisher. Newman. Johncock. Nicoski. Proud. Pfeifer.
bch:Hansen.Selwood

Mids:
Dal Santo. Hayes. Judd. Priddis. Stevens. Palmer.
bch: Mcnamara. Bird

Rucks:
Cox. Simmonds
bch: Hampson. Graham

Fwds:
Pavlich. J Brown. N brown. Hall. Didak. Burton. Porplzia.
bch: Tippet. Rioli

Help with the my above question would be greatly appreciated cheers .

Headless. Good team but I would swap Batram for Houli downgrade Black (missed most of preseason) to Stanton or Cooney and upgarde Ebert to Franklin/Deledio/N.Brown. That would give you a quality alround side.

Mick 15 - Thats a tough one, I think S.Thompson and Kozi but only just over Dal Santo and Burton.

Eugene Thomas - I would stay away from Lake at the moment. Fletcher has had no pre-season and McLeod is inconsistent at the best of times. I'd try and find the extra cash to get Shaw/Gilbee/Milburn if not flip a coin and go McLeod.

OK, I'm sorta new to the whole SC thing, still haven't quite figured it all out yet, so feedback on the following would be appreciated.

Burgoyne, Gilbee, Shaw, Newman, Wirrapanda, Chaplin, Proud
Judd, Hayes, Thompson, Reilly, Stevens, McNamara
Laycock, Simmonds
J Brown, B Johnson, Lynch, Kosi, Hall, Didak, Hansen
Thompson, Pfeiffer, Palmer, Ebert, Hampson, Graham, Rioli, Tippett

OK, I'm sorta new to the whole SC thing, still haven't quite figured it all out yet, so feedback on the following would be appreciated.

Burgoyne, Gilbee, Shaw, Newman, Wirrapanda, Chaplin, Proud
Judd, Hayes, Thompson, Reilly, Stevens, McNamara
Laycock, Simmonds
J Brown, B Johnson, Lynch, Kosi, Hall, Didak, Hansen
Thompson, Pfeiffer, Palmer, Ebert, Hampson, Graham, Rioli, Tippett

Good effort. I would put a question mark over Burgoyne, with lack of match fitness and coming back from surgery. Wirra is a little touch and go with SC as he tends to go up and down alot. Laycock as a starting ruck is definately a concern, if you don't want to pay the cash for Cox I'd be looking at Wood or King.

Thanks Spartan, I know Burgoyne isn't on Port's injury list, so I think I'll stick with him, should play Round 1, hopefully his output isn't too diminished. I think I like the idea of having Laycock becuase he should be a big improver on last year, drafted same year as McIntosh, hopefully can show similar improvement, and to be honest I don't think SC does ruckman any favours anyway.

I have Dean Cox in my ruck division.

But im thinking about downgrading to Leunberger and spending the cash and putting another gun in my midfield.

I have Gary Ablett, Scott Thompson, Brett Deledio and Travis Johnstone as handy players. Ive also got Nick Stevens and Ryan Griffen in because i think they'll get me a bit of cash.

Should i keep Cox or downgrade him?

Thoughts on this team...

BACKS:
Shaw
Gram
Birchall
King
Mundy
Hurn
Barlow

Hansen
Taylor

MIDFIELDERS
Ablett
Judd
Stanton
Kelly
Schammer
Houli

Palmer
Bird

RUCKS
Cox
Simmonds

Graham
Hampson

Forwards
Riewoldt
Brown
Fevola
Mooney
Porpleyzia
Tredrea
Tippet

Rioli
J Edwards

Thoughts guys?
I think the rucks are fairly standard, the backs fairly solid but Barlow and Hurn are both relativley high risk. I'm thinking I could go with Pavlich instead of Brown as he is a bit more consistent, also don't know whether to start with Judd/Ablett or to trade them in later if they start slowly.

1. Gram (DEF) 0
2. Proud (DEF) 0
3. Mackie (DEF) 0
4. Mattner (DEF) 0
5. Myers (DEF) 0
6. Pfeiffer (DEF) 0
7. Birchall (DEF) 0
8. Surjan (DEF) 0
9. Hayden (DEF) 0
10. Gibbs (MID) 0
11. Deledio (MID) 0
12. Cross (MID) 0
13. Pearce (MID) 0
14. Morton (MID) 0
15. Palmer (MID) 0
16. Selwood (MID) 0
17. Priddis (MID) 0
18. Meesen (RUC) 0
19. Lade (RUC) 0
20. Simmonds (RUC) 0
21. Kreuzer (RUC) 0
22. Thomas (FWD) 0
23. Koschitzke (FWD) 0
24. Pavlich (FWD) 0
25. Porplyzia (FWD) 0
26. Lucas (FWD) 0
27. Rioli (FWD) 0
28. Bradshaw (FWD) 0
29. Hansen (FWD) 0
30. Ebert (FWD) 0

Here is my team. Let me know what you think. Not too confident about Sherman, Surjan, Bradshaw or Proud. Emergencies in bold.

I'm worried about a couple of players I am consideringa that have been seriously talked about, because to be honest, I'm not sure if they are true 'SuperCoachers' (instead moreso 'Dream Teamers').

Pearce and Reilly. Look them up. Both frequently score less (and hence have averaged less across a whole season) in SuperCoach than in Dream Team. A big no-no.

Thoughts?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm worried about a couple of players I am consideringa that have been seriously talked about, because to be honest, I'm not sure if they are true 'SuperCoachers' (instead moreso 'Dream Teamers').

Pearce and Reilly. Look them up. Both frequently score less (and hence have averaged less across a whole season) in SuperCoach than in Dream Team. A big no-no.

Thoughts?

Sorry I took awhile to answer ya bud. :) :thumbsu:

Thoughts?

Add Symes to that list. He'd be a lock for DT but I'm staying away for SC.

If Pearce can add more goals to his game then he'll be a good SC pickup, but I don't ever see him accumulating enough of his own ball in contested situations and making tackles to be the genuine all-rounder that you need as a SC midfielder.

I have Dean Cox in my ruck division.

But im thinking about downgrading to Leunberger and spending the cash and putting another gun in my midfield.

I have Gary Ablett, Scott Thompson, Brett Deledio and Travis Johnstone as handy players. Ive also got Nick Stevens and Ryan Griffen in because i think they'll get me a bit of cash.

Should i keep Cox or downgrade him?

Cox is a must.

Watched him Fri night and without trying he is head and shoulders above anyone.

Up to you of course.

Should I stick with Sam Fisher? Gram was really impressive last night, but am unsure of what will happen when Goddard comes back in.

I also traded Dal Santo for K Cornes.

Armitage worried me also, ahhhhh so many tough questions.

Who reckons on Chris Judd?

Im thinking about downgrading Gary Ablett for Judd to get some money in the bank to upgrade somebody else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back