Here's a rule idea: out of bounds is a penaIty, every time

Remove this Banner Ad

PerthBoy86

Norm Smith Medallist
May 23, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Every time a ball goes out, on the full or not, the last player to touch it, accidentally or not, is penalised and possession goes to the opposition. It would eliminate all these 50/50 'deliberate' calls (which I see quite a few of, and which give the umpires so much discretion), discourage a strategy of gaining ground by subtly letting it roll over (it's usually pretty obvious when it is deliberate), and encourage players to try to keep it in at all costs even more. Yes, I realise it would result in more turnovers, but maybe that's a good thing. It would take spoiling and hit-outs out of the game entirely,favouring attackers over defenders and resulting in a more open game.

It's already the case in most sports, and footy fields so are so bloody big. I mean I doubt it would happen, but that's one rule I wouldn't mind being changed, personally.

I'm being fair dinkum. It would reduce stoppages, lock ins, make play more free flowing, discourage flooding, emphasise possession football more in the days of old, honestly I think the pros would outweigh the cons. I know many would resist because people are conservative, but with all these rule changes, maybe it might be inevitable. It just takes to adapt. No game is, or can ever be 'perfect', but you can make rules to make it more entertaining.

I'm being fair dinkum. It would reduce stoppages, lock ins, make play more free flowing, discourage flooding, emphasise possession football more in the days of old, honestly I think the pros would outweigh the cons. I know many would resist because people are conservative, but with all these rule changes, maybe it might be inevitable. It just takes to adapt. No game is, or can ever be 'perfect', but you can make rules to make it more entertaining.

Did you watch the days of old, you didn't get penalised a shot on goal because you desperately spoiled the ball in the back pocket and gave away a shot on goal
May aswell get rid of the Ruckman aswell

you may think that, and then you see it in action and it's just an absolute cluster**** of nonsense

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Okay I haven't seen games with this rule, so I'll take your word for it. I haven't been here that long nor do I take note of every thread so I don't know every thread posted...

Remove this Banner Ad

Here's a rule idea: out of bounds is a penaIty, every time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back