Aug 24, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Subiaco Lions
Was just reading the Ben Allen article when i saw this picture:
Allanbaabb.jpg

IMO this should be fremantles herritage jumper, thoughts?

Maybe if they play an away game in Heritage round... although there wasn't one last year. Maybe it's run its race.

[Off topic: Hey DOCKER MAN - aren't you up for a buddy pick... and I see you're a Subi supporter... Greg Broughton is still available. :thumbsu:]

I don't think they can get rid of the red altogether NF.

No reason to overcomplicate the jumper. We have red in our clubs insignia for now, that should be enough.

I really liked the early Dockers green strip, would make a great heritage jumper.

I really think we could use it with some minor alterations as a third strip.
It is a good jumper.

Do you know why they were so quick to get rid of it NF? It was only around for a few years, but I thought it was good, no other team in the compeition uses green, and the jumper they replaced it with was terrible.

The jumper they replaced it with was so awful... so horrifically awful...:eek:
I hope those sinister people who made that change are no longer associated with Fremantle FC.
I don't know why they changed it unfortuately. Perhaps one of the others might. At a guess though just a change to make a new strip to cash in on sales, but I never owned that candy stip abomination of a jumper, hated it.
I know this - that green/purple strip should be brought back ASAP- if at the very least as a heritage jumper, but I reckon we could use it as a third strip. Just nominate some away matches to wear it.
I would buy one straight away, and I reckon a whole lot of other Fremantle supporters would as well.

With some minor alterations like ditching the red, we should adopt this for a third strip. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Purple Haze - Home
White Haze - Away
Green Haze - Third Strip

:)

Or go like the purple and white and have all green or red with the white anchor. With the corresponding green and red shorts\socks.

Not a big fan of the green.

An we cant use it as our heritage jumper because our new heritage jumper will be the WA state of origin jumper from now on

Yeh i would agree with alot of you to adopt this jumper as a 3rd strip, it would help to instill a bit of tradition at the club as well.

And it would make it easier to buy one - which is good because I'm belatedly trying to get hold of one of every jumper we've ever worn but I'm having trouble with some of the earlier ones.

Speaking of which, if anyone has a green one or either of these two jumpers in good nick - and are willing to sell - drop me a pm.

Fremantle-Away-2005.gif

Fremantle-3.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also, does anyone know if you can still buy the original heritage jumper with the Red V's from the club? I need one of them too but I'm hoping I can still get a new one. I might give the club a ring after the new year.

Fremantle-Heritage-2005.gif

And it would make it easier to buy one - which is good because I'm belatedly trying to get hold of one of every jumper we've ever worn but I'm having trouble with some of the earlier ones.

Speaking of which, if anyone has a green one or either of these two jumpers in good nick - and are willing to sell - drop me a pm.

Fremantle-Away-2005.gif

Fremantle-3.gif

I have seen the top one, with the red and green sides, at Jim Kidd's at Harbour Town in recent times. Not much help to you at the moment, I know, but it could be worth a shot next time you're down south.

I have one but I'm keeping it. Sorry!

Also, does anyone know if you can still buy the original heritage jumper with the Red V's from the club? I need one of them too but I'm hoping I can still get a new one. I might give the club a ring after the new year.

I wouldn't know but I do know that a couple years ago my mate bought one of these, Jeff Farmers 33 and had it signed by all the players, so hopefully you can because it's a ripping jumper.

you can still by these at the FFC gift store, i bought one about three weeks ago

as for the old green jumper, i am not a fan of it, but i got an old cotton version of it over in melbourne for $15 at a sports store clearance sale..... it still comes out for footy training every now and then, but im not a fan.... then again it was better than the diagonal anchor jumper

Cheers for the info people.

I actually didn't mind the diagonal anchor jumper. Heaps better than the one that came after it (the first one with the 3 panels in the pics I posted above). That one is easily the ugliest jumper we've ever had imo. I hated seeing the boys run out in that and when the clash strip arrived it was literally the white knight in shining armour come to save us from the multi-coloured abomination.

Has the club finalised it's review on the club colors etc? I was curious as i wanted to know what the jumper set up will be this year, i think you should go with the all purple/white anchor for home and all white/purple anchor for clashes, great jumpers and the purple haze home crowd thing looks great!!! also having the same jumper with inverted colors as a clash looks classy (carlton/bulldogs are good examples)

I was on the green bandwagon for heritage this year and wouldn't have a problem seeing it again, for '09 heritage.

But I agree that we should get our chance to bring some pride back to the SOO jumper considering Grumpy John and the West Coast Easybeats disgraced it.

i think you should go with the all purple/white anchor for home and all white/purple anchor for clashes, great jumpers and the purple haze home crowd thing looks great!!! also having the same jumper with inverted colors as a clash looks classy (carlton/bulldogs are good examples)

Word.

I purchased this exact jumper from Armando Sports on Saturday. He still had a few left? hope this helps.

Remove this Banner Ad

Herritage Jumper

Remove this Banner Ad

Back