Hey AFL $wans...

Remove this Banner Ad

Only one team can win the flag. It's either going to be another Hawthorn flag or an asterisk.
Just ignore the fact that you have the home ground advantage despite finishing second to the travelling side. Hawthorn should win for that reason alone, and when they do, they will get no respect.

Just ignore the fact that you have the home ground advantage despite finishing second to the travelling side. Hawthorn should win for that reason alone, and when they do, they will get no respect.

Too right. I am sick of all of the unfair advantages and concessions that Hawf receive. When will someone throw Sydney a bone?

The MCG doesn't provide a genuine home ground advantage, on account of half the competition playing out of there. It's literally the only neutral ground that the AFL has.
Yes, it does. 75% of the crowd will be Hawthorn supporters. Including this Saturday, you'd have played there 14 times this season as opposed to our 4. That's a difference of 10 games, which is 1 less than the amount of free kicks that Stevic and his cronies gifted you in 2012.

you'd have played their 14 times this season as opposed to our 4.

That's 4 to infinite times more than you would play at a genuine away ground, genius. You just proved my point, that there's no advantage to either side.

I left out the stuff about crowd figures, that was complete nonsense and just demonstrated your ignorance about attendances on Grand Final day and seat allocations.

All your claptrap about the MCG won't be a deflection from the Swans massive salary cap breaches, which of course remains the only real advantage and the reason why the Swans can't be considered a legitimate side.

That's 4 to infinite times more than you would play at a genuine away ground, genius. You just proved my point, that there's no advantage to either side.

I left out the stuff about crowd figures, that was complete nonsense and just demonstrated your ignorance about attendances on Grand Final day and seat allocations.

All your claptrap about the MCG won't be a deflection from the Swans massive salary cap breaches, which of course remains the only real advantage and the reason why the Swans can't be considered a legitimate side.
You can't swerve out of this one. Hawthorn have the home ground ADVANTAGE on Saturday, no matter which way you spin it.

Enjoy the asterisk.

You can't swerve out of this one. Hawthorn have the home ground ADVANTAGE on Saturday, no matter which way you spin it.

There isn't a genuine home ground to any team therefore your initial argument of Hawthorn having an inappropriate advantage is lost and you've resorted to hiding behind technicalities because your argument is defeated. A schoolboy maneuver.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There isn't a genuine home ground to any team therefore your initial argument of Hawthorn having an inappropriate advantage is lost and you've resorted to hiding behind technicalities because your argument is defeated. A schoolboy maneuver.
Hawthorns home ground is the MCG. Sydney's home ground is the SCG. The venue of the GF is the MCG.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Hawthorns home ground is the MCG. Sydney's home ground is the SCG. The venue of the GF is the MCG. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Like I said, hiding behind technicalties. Your argument has been reduced to Hawthorn gaining an inappropriate advantage to blandly stating the proxy home grounds of each team.

You are yet to prove to me that the MCG is neutral territory for both teams. :drunk:

I'm not trying to convince you of anything, you started off by saying it was a massive and inappropriate advantage and I have dismantled that argument, leaving you to drone out technicalities. I have nothing more to take from you in this exchange.

It is, they have two. :$ Tassie is like our SCG, and the MCG is like our ANZ stadium.

That reminds me, Sydney have played 5 games at ANZ this year, 1 more than at the MCG. After the weekend it will be equal.

So when you say that the MCG is like your ANZ, that really only refers to the Swans' familiarity with both venues.

That reminds me, Sydney have played 5 games at ANZ this year, 1 more than at the MCG. After the weekend it will be equal.

So when you say that the MCG is like your ANZ, that really only refers to the Swans' familiarity with both venues.
Pardon, was meant to say the MCG is like our SCG and Tassie is like our ANZ. So yeah, make the most of your home ground advantage this week and don't make the same embarrassing mistake like you did in 2012 and choke infront of your fans.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey AFL $wans...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back