Hey George......

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by AuckMel
How so? IIRC, both players ended out as losers.

Tis mainly based on the fact that Australia went further than the All Blacks did, and i doubt the Australian press will be as savage if at all to the Wallabies than the NZ press have been to the All Blacks.

George wont be there in 4 years. The gregan v kelleher conflict goes well back.

As for the game. England played the better Rugby and deserved the win. F... did I say that. Anyway it was good to see that the English players and coach were very humble in their victory, something I dare say the supporters wont be. (just waiting for the riots and looting to begin).

Hopefully the win will spice up English sport and put some balls back into a few other pommie sportsmen.

Enjoy it while it lasts Poms. You will get your asses kicked back to earth in about 6 hours. Go Kangaroos.

Originally posted by myee8
Tis mainly based on the fact that Australia went further than the All Blacks did, and i doubt the Australian press will be as savage if at all to the Wallabies than the NZ press have been to the All Blacks.

They wont be as savage on the wallabys, because poor old Wendell will wear it all. He tried his best but I think he should now go back to league, so I can hate him again.

Originally posted by myee8

Tis mainly based on the fact that Australia went further than the All Blacks did

Fair enough. 2nd, 3rd, much of a muchness for mine. At the end of the day, you failed get the ultimate prize.

and i doubt the Australian press will be as savage if at all to the Wallabies than the NZ press have been to the All Blacks.

For sure.

When a sport isn't your national game, and you don't have the same passion for it as other countries, you tend not to get as scrutinised as much.

Originally posted by robbieando

Because George already has a winner's medal and the Kiwi missed out again.

Oh. I see. It was just one of those bad winner type situations?

I know whose shoes I rather be in

Something for George to relect upon in retirement I guess.

Originally posted by skipper kelly
They wont be as savage on the wallabys, because poor old Wendell will wear it all. He tried his best but I think he should now go back to league, so I can hate him again.

Your damn right...

For the benefit of rugby union in this country...

Wendall should go back to League

Originally posted by dodgey
Your damn right...

For the benefit of rugby union in this country...

Wendall should go back to League

Dont misunderstand what I meant. Wendell did his best and it wasnt his fault they lost. I feel he looked a bit exposed tonight and doesnt have the natural union instincts. Rogers was the same on 1 occasion. There is no way he should have got off the ground after being tackled. This was his league instincts coming into play. That was a stupid penalty to give away when pressing their line.

They gave everything they had and came up short.

Originally posted by skipper kelly
Dont misunderstand what I meant. Wendell did his best and it wasnt his fault they lost. I feel he looked a bit exposed tonight and doesnt have the natural union instincts. Rogers was the same on 1 occasion. There is no way he should have got off the ground after being tackled. This was his league instincts coming into play. That was a stupid penalty to give away when pressing their line.

They gave everything they had and came up short.

Not misunderstanding it at all ..

I'm sure Wendall tried his heart out like the rest of them, but his knowledge of the game (and to a lesser extent Rogers) let him and his side down tonight...

Wendall came into the middle late in the game to try and get the ball when we were looking to run it, and needed him to be out on his wing to receive .....He even got in George Smith's way at one stage

And Matty failed to find touch with several of his kicks from within his own 22 .....which is a Cardinal sin in rugby :(

But the fact that they were paid a lot of money by the ARU to cross codes will ensure that they play top class Rugby for years to come :mad: :mad:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Union is to get more League players they should try to pinch some props. If only Flatley had kicked one of those missed attempts. Oh well, thas how it is when the result is close - the little things look bigger. So how many seasons is this for Sailor and Rogers - do they need one more year to get used to things?

The Wallabies deserved to be flogged with the way they played, England were the better team.
The amazing thing was that we were still in the game for so long.
We all but handed a try to the Poms, only for their player to knock on.
So many mistakes by both teams, but more by Australia.
I didn't realise the point of lineouts was to hand the ball to the opponents, but we were good at that tonight.
Wendell stunk in every way - offered nothing offensively, made bad defensive errors.
Lote was good again, with Mortlock always looking dangerous.
Congrats to the Poms, but I still hate watching them go for drop goals all the time and would rather see teams going for the line, but that's just me!

Originally posted by Brett Li
I'm laughing at you :p

Enjoy the next 4 years!!!!!!

Funny that, seeing as I'm a Scottish fan, so wouldn't you have been laughing at me for a lot longer or have you just jumped on the bandwagon????

So tell me, whats England going to do now with all the retirements????? Will you have a team in 4 years that could defend the cup, or should I say have a forward pack that gives Wilko enough room to do his stuff???

i'm a bit confused that everyone is going around to the english supporters saying theyve got no chance in 4 years time just minutes after the game has finished with all these retirements etc. i'm guessing they're far more concerned wallowing in last nights victory than thinking... geez, i'm worried about France 2007.

Originally posted by Brett Li
I'm laughing at you :p

Enjoy the next 4 years!!!!!!

I bet your father said the same thing to those dastardly Germans the day after Geoff Hurst, Bobby Moore, Bobby Charlton and co put them to the sword in '66 too...

Unfortunately for your dad, "Bitter" Brett Li Snr., the Germans decided to go the whole hog and enjoy the next 37 years as they won the 1974 and 1990 World Cups to add to their 1954 triumph, and appeared as losing finalists on a further three occasions - 1982, 1986, 2002.

Not only that but the blasted Gerrys had the temerity to make off with the European Championships in 1972, 1980 and 1996, making two appearances as losing finalists in 1976 and 1992.

I applaud you for upholding your family tradition of ungracious victory and world class fate-tempting and leave you with this thought.

An English victory is like Halley's Comet. We all knew it was coming as we'd heard from someone else that it was, some of us saw it, others missed it, and we were all unimpressed by it. Fortunately, we won't see it again for roughly 86 years.

Originally posted by dyertribe
[
I applaud you for upholding your family tradition of ungracious victory and world class fate-tempting and leave you with this thought.

An English victory is like Halley's Comet. We all knew it was coming as we'd heard from someone else that it was, some of us saw it, others missed it, and we were all unimpressed by it. Fortunately, we won't see it again for roughly 86 years. [/B]

What's worse, an ungracious victor, or a very, very poor loser! :D

Davo

Stating a fact makes me a poor loser?

I get the impression that you would not recognise a poor loser, even if you saw one in the mirror!

:D :D :D :D

Originally posted by Davo23
I get the impression that you would not recognise a poor loser, even if you saw one in the mirror!

I get the impression you wouldn't recognise a poor winner, even if you saw one in the mirror!

Look I can do it too!

I get the impression you wouldn't recognise a poor winner, even if you saw one in the mirror!

Look I can do it too!

Very original, mate.

I am an Aussie, and proud of it. I was EXTREMELY upset by the loss of the World Cup, but I am prepared to say that that the better team won, and congratulations to them.

They have won the greatest prize in rugby - it's theirs to keep, and whatever happens next year, or in 4 years, on in 37 years, doesn't matter. The 2003 Cup is theirs.

Losers like you (and Johnny Howard) ought to show some maturity, and display some graciousness in defeat.

Davo

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey George......

Remove this Banner Ad

Back