Hey George......

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by Brett Li
What's that about John Howard I missed? How was he ungracious?. He dished out the medals Ok? Did he say something?

:confused:

I has something to do with the look on his face, ie he wasn't smileing when giving the English their winners medals. Goes to show the Left Wingers don't need much to kick up a fuss.

Originally posted by Brett Li
Who cares Robbie. Enjoy the moment. Or the next 4 years worth of moments.....

I think I'm going to put my arm in a nest of bees. That will provide more pleasure than hear the England fans going on about how Jonny Wilkinson will now be the saviour of world peace, the person who ends the middle eastern conflict, who rids the world of AIDS, SARS etc etc.

I'm going to put my head in a bucket for 4 long years. We are never going to hear the end of it!

**** I want those bastards to lose next time! :mad:

JF- sharing the spirit of what makes the world go round-sporting rivalry.
PS:- This doesn't mean I that I don't accept that the Poms ain't the World Number ones lock stock & barrel. Congratulations, but I still hate you to death! :mad:

I remember in November 2002 just before we played NZ Andrew Mehrtens said '..England are prucks to lose to', this surprised our media who pointed out that he'd never actually lost to England so how would he know.

Well in the same vein I had the chance to find out for the first time in m,y 31 years on this planet whether I'm a pruck to lose to when it really matters & guess what.............I'm not!:D

I'm a gracious winner, I've found it comes a lot easier than being a gracious loser.

I didn't want to rub anyone's noses in it not even Georgie Gregan's, I appreciated the comments that came from the Aussies after the game & I was just hoping that our lot would be gracious in victory (which I think they were on the whole even though Dallagilio said something like 'not bad for Dad's army'.)

It was a bloody good game played in great spirit & I think the Wallabies showed that true Aussie never say spirit by punching a bit above their weight & making it so close when the possession & territory might have indicated a bigger England victory against less hardy opponents.

I watched it with a bunch of mates that I've had for 15 years, we we're down the pub at 8.30am & we've seen us come close a few times most notably the 1990 football world cup semi final, the 1991 rugby WC final& 1992 cricket WC final.
We've also seen us smashed out of sight at other times & thoroughly humiliated & we've seen us go in with players who were'nt fit to play international sport, weak & gutless types who didn't put in the effort.

But we've always been there never giving up hope & I tell you even the most hard hearted pommie basher couldn't have begrudged us our victory if they'd seen how happy we we're, just genuinely happy, no arrogance, no rubbing it in, no Aussie bashing just pure joy.You lot you've had you're 4 cricket world cups, 2 rugby world cups & a whole lot besides & on Saturday I just had a glimpse of how good all that must have felt.

It was bloody brilliant.

And at the end my mate's Aussie wife who'd been strong in her support the whole time despite being massively out numbered looked a bit upset so everyone gave her a hug & then we gave her a round of aapplause & then we got totally p1ssed & I'm not ashamed to say it was the greatest day of my life.

Originally posted by Davo23
Losers like you (and Johnny Howard) ought to show some maturity, and display some graciousness in defeat

I would have, but all that went out the window when I began copping it non-stop from my English mates and an army of clowns on here.

I have no obligation whatsoever once graciousness goes out the window.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey George......

Remove this Banner Ad

Back