Hi, My name is Jett Appleby. I am a 18 year old autistic demons supporter. Please be nice [emoji120]

Remove this Banner Ad

neolightveo

Draftee
Feb 27, 2024
AFL Club
Melbourne
Hi everyone my name is Jett Appleby and I am 18 years old and autistic. I am a proud demons supporter since the very beginning of the 2012 season. When i first got on board with the demons, we were at our darkest hour. I remember often being very disappointed at our game performances considering we often lost by 10 goals or more. However I like to think that supporting a mid to bottom afl side as a child builds character. And oh boy did I go through a lot of character building
However the advantage of supporting a poorly performing team at the time was that when we won it felt so so so good

My dad who is also a demons supporter forced me to be a dee's fan as a kid at a time when we were struggling and I bloody thank him for that (he told me I was initially keen on Collingwood lol)

My dad has been a demons supporter since sometime in the 1980s. My dad moved from the UK to Australia in 1982 and sometime after got hooked on AFL coming from a Tottenham spurs soccer following background. He has never watched soccer since and been all afl and he maintains that afl is the best sport on earth

When we started to improve from 2014 onwards I used to enjoy the upwards trend because I always knew that the next season would always be better then the last.
And when we did eventually win the flag it felt so special because I felt like I worked hard as a supporter coming from nothing and rising up from scratch. Like I did heavy lifting to get us there. Not just backing who was successful at each time.

Now I am autistic and I have a trama about bullying because I have experienced awful bullying in the past so I humbly request you be nice to me and welcome me with open arms

On SM-A156E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hi everyone my name is Jett Appleby and I am 18 years old and autistic. I am a proud demons supporter since the very beginning of the 2012 season. When i first got on board with the demons, we were at our darkest hour. I remember often being very disappointed at our game performances considering we often lost by 10 goals or more. However I like to think that supporting a mid to bottom afl side as a child builds character. And oh boy did I go through a lot of character building
However the advantage of supporting a poorly performing team at the time was that when we won it felt so so so good

My dad who is also a demons supporter forced me to be a dee's fan as a kid at a time when we were struggling and I bloody thank him for that (he told me I was initially keen on Collingwood lol)

My dad has been a demons supporter since sometime in the 1980s. My dad moved from the UK to Australia in 1982 and sometime after got hooked on AFL coming from a Tottenham spurs soccer following background. He has never watched soccer since and been all afl and he maintains that afl is the best sport on earth

When we started to improve from 2014 onwards I used to enjoy the upwards trend because I always knew that the next season would always be better then the last.
And when we did eventually win the flag it felt so special because I felt like I worked hard as a supporter coming from nothing and rising up from scratch. Like I did heavy lifting to get us there. Not just backing who was successful at each time.

Now I am autistic and I have a trama about bullying because I have experienced awful bullying in the past so I humbly request you be nice to me and welcome me with open arms

Welcome lad, the Dees will be fine don’t you worry. It’s great to have you on board!

Welcome lad, the Dees will be fine don’t you worry.
100% this. Still so much talent on the list, and they're not losing Trac - they'll make the necessary changes to keep him.

Welcome lad, the Dees will be fine don’t you worry. It’s great to have you on board!
I don't think it will be if we keep going the way we are going. Major change needs to happen with the way Simon Goodwin runs the club otherwise it's not going to work. If he can't make change then he should go and be sacked. I do however think he is capable of changing but he is just too stubborn too.

100% this. Still so much talent on the list, and they're not losing Trac - they'll make the necessary changes to keep him.
Along with a lot of experienced talent on the list our recruitment department with Jason Taylor is building a pretty decent next generation young list. Jason Taylor is the best recruiter in the AFL I would say

Gday mate, welcome to the site!

If you haven't already stumbled across it, your team board with fellow Melbourne-supporting posters can be found at

Advanced warning - 2021 premiership celebrations may still be ongoing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi, My name is Jett Appleby. I am a 18 year old autistic demons supporter. Please be nice

Remove this Banner Ad

Back