Highett 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Brightspark

Senior List
Nov 4, 2007
heatherton
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Strong mail is Highett are in big trouble with playing personal and have asked to drop back to Div.2.What does everyone think should they be allowed to or should they tough it out like StKilda City had to in 2004.
If they did should the league leave 9 teams or promote Dingley as well??

Strong mail is Highett are in big trouble with playing personal and have asked to drop back to Div.2.What does everyone think should they be allowed to or should they tough it out like StKilda City had to in 2004.
If they did should the league leave 9 teams or promote Dingley as well??
rumour been flying around since before christmas. If they are struggling Divvy 2 is were they should go, you want divvy one as strong as possible with all 10 teams well off for numbers. IMO heatherton should stay up and dingley earn the right to be elevated.

From what I have seen Highett look to be travelling ok for numbers. Seen them training down at Kingston Heath Reserve the last 2 weeks and their numbers are pretty healthy between 25-30 players each night....a lot better than some other clubs! I know they will be very inexperienced and may struggle but I think they should have to stick it at and stay in Divvy 1. In the end it will do their youngsters the world of good. If not Divvy 1 can't be played with only 9 teams so Dingley would be the best bet. Their so called experts think their a monty to win Div 2 and would do so well in 1st divison. Heatherton on the otherhand need a year to rebuild their stocks...saw last year that they didn't cut the mustard in Divvy 1: 0-18 and a % of 40ish. IMO either Highett or Dingley for 1st Division.

From what I have seen Highett look to be travelling ok for numbers. Seen them training down at Kingston Heath Reserve the last 2 weeks and their numbers are pretty healthy between 25-30 players each night....a lot better than some other clubs! I know they will be very inexperienced and may struggle but I think they should have to stick it at and stay in Divvy 1. In the end it will do their youngsters the world of good. If not Divvy 1 can't be played with only 9 teams so Dingley would be the best bet. Their so called experts think their a monty to win Div 2 and would do so well in 1st divison. Heatherton on the otherhand need a year to rebuild their stocks...saw last year that they didn't cut the mustard in Divvy 1: 0-18 and a % of 40ish. IMO either Highett or Dingley for 1st Division.

I bet you and Eisiedel would not have gone to Heatherton if you knew they had to stay up and struggle again in Div 1

Thats great to hear.
Having played at the club for 7 years I'll hate to see the place go under and I know the people behind it would hate to see them drop a grade.

I bet you and Eisiedel would not have gone to Heatherton if you knew they had to stay up and struggle again in Div 1
Heatherton are in Div.2. so your statement is irrelevant.
Would have no problem with staying in Div.1. the club is going well with numbers and would be alot more competitive than last season.

Saw them training last night and counted only 11 players at training- they are struggling BIG time!! From what I've heard they may be only entering a team in the Seniors this year and no Magoos....only a rumour I've heard but how true I do not know???

Saw them training last night and counted only 11 players at training- they are struggling BIG time!! From what I've heard they may be only entering a team in the Seniors this year and no Magoos....only a rumour I've heard but how true I do not know???

If they only field at senior side, they wont be in Div 1. Thus your Tunners might stay up or Dingley.

If they only field at senior side, they wont be in Div 1. Thus your Tunners might stay up or Dingley.
Chelt have aparently picked up 4-5 of the better Highett young blokes don't you blokes have a heart?How could you ring players from a club that's battling to survive let alone be competetive.

Chelt have aparently picked up 4-5 of the better Highett young blokes don't you blokes have a heart?How could you ring players from a club that's battling to survive let alone be competetive.

Thats rubbish mate. Whilst I havent been at training in a bit, I do hear whats goin on and I'm pretty sure (99.99999%) there havent been any Highett blokes at training and I'm nearly as certain that we would never do that. Whilst they are our biggest and fiercest rivals, we are the last club that would want to see them fold, there are some great people down at Turner Rd....You will find most of their players have gone to Catani, Springy Dist, Black Rock. So, I reckon you might have been had, or someone is giving you poor info on this occasion mate. Normally you mail is very good though.

They did train near us a couple of weeks ago and a young bloke from Highett trained with us for the first half of the session then realised he was training with the wrong club and trotted over to the other part of the park where the Doggies were!!

Thats rubbish mate. Whilst I havent been at training in a bit, I do hear whats goin on and I'm pretty sure (99.99999%) there havent been any Highett blokes at training and I'm nearly as certain that we would never do that. Whilst they are our biggest and fiercest rivals, we are the last club that would want to see them fold, there are some great people down at Turner Rd....You will find most of their players have gone to Catani, Springy Dist, Black Rock. So, I reckon you might have been had, or someone is giving you poor info on this occasion mate. Normally you mail is very good though.

They did train near us a couple of weeks ago and a young bloke from Highett trained with us for the first half of the session then realised he was training with the wrong club and trotted over to the other part of the park where the Doggies were!!
Singh x 2 and some mates i was told.

Singh x 2 and some mates i was told.

well thats the first i have heard of it. i know there was some talk before last year, but nothing this year. will find out next tuesday i guess.

would struggle for a game anyway if true.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I haven't spoken to many players since i left, but does anyone know the reason for the mass leaving.

For me it was a number of things, the biggest being it was taking me an hour to get there for training, a good 45 minutes to get home and some weeks I wouldn't get home until close to midnight.

The forum isn't the best place to go into the other reasons, but the place has fallen apart in the last 18 months.

The one thing Highett has over the other clubs is the players are looked after, they have the best home rooms, bar, supporters & board going. Its a shame that its happened.

I haven't spoken to many players since i left, but does anyone know the reason for the mass leaving.

For me it was a number of things, the biggest being it was taking me an hour to get there for training, a good 45 minutes to get home and some weeks I wouldn't get home until close to midnight.

The forum isn't the best place to go into the other reasons, but the place has fallen apart in the last 18 months.

The one thing Highett has over the other clubs is the players are looked after, they have the best home rooms, bar, supporters & board going. Its a shame that its happened.

agree with most of that but i disagree that they have the best board. if they had a great board, all this wouldnt be happening.

I gather someone else is using your name when they ring up E. Brighton players to come down to Heatrherton. Hypocritical?

I gather someone else is using your name when they ring up E. Brighton players to come down to Heatrherton. Hypocritical?
Jamo was leaving East to go back to Edi/Asp so i did call him which is more than i can say for East Brighton.If they wanted to keep him bad enough then i would think a phone call wouldn't hurt.
Anyway i was talking about Chelt pinching 4-5 players off a club that is in turmoil.What are East worried about from all reports they've picked up 10-12 new senior players?

Jamo was leaving East to go back to Edi/Asp so i did call him which is more than i can say for East Brighton.If they wanted to keep him bad enough then i would think a phone call wouldn't hurt.
Anyway i was talking about Chelt pinching 4-5 players off a club that is in turmoil.What are East worried about from all reports they've picked up 10-12 new senior players?

10 - 12 wouldn't cover what has left.

Possibly the worst reserve side I've seen on a football oval!!

You seem to be in the know who else has left apart from Jamo,Scurrah and Brightspark???

i think glenn hislop is another brightspark. they have also been trying to get byron smith and brendan stuart to come out of retirement to play in the two's. that tells me they are battling for numbers.

Not 100% percent on the names but

Lange
Daikin
John Adams
Matherson
Twain
Lauron (On clearance sheet but not sure if ones or two's???
2 x Carson bros.
Not to much quality amongst that lot i believe Adams will play and Matheson when available(Scorpions).My point is with the recruits they have hopefully they will push for a spot in the 4.

Remove this Banner Ad

Highett 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Back