Hird, Charter and the Feds. Why have the media not touched this?

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the OP is on the money, slight leaks are now emerging about other clubs ie: 7.30 report. Charters involvement must be investigated, but of course no one in power would want to see that. The media management of this saga makes me sick.

The worst for the clubs would be that Charter may be involved with 2 or more players at particular clubs without that club's knowledge.

It would be much easier for Charter to hawk his wares to individual players than go to an AFL club doctor.

On the back of Robinson's claims last night, the relationship between James Hird and convicted drug trafficker Shane Charter must be addressed(something I've been harping on about for almost 5 months).

For months now, the media have refused to speculate on Charters involvement and history with James Hird, even though it has never been refuted by Hird or the EFC that Charter was indeed involved in the supply of supplements to Hird's players.
Instead an EFC spokesperson claimed that "they ran into each other in 2011" and nothing more.

Among the allegations aired on Channel 7 last night, Robinson claimed Hird told him of his house being raided by the federal police due to his links with Charter.

Robinson later alleged that Hird was quite adamant that Charter would be working with the sports science team that he had assembled.

The questions surrounding this relationship should be coming thick and fast, yet they have not.

Instead the media have concentrated on whether AOD was indeed banned or just confused, and just what senior management knew of Dank's injection regime.

Meanwhile, it was implied during the Robinson interview that Hird was aware of Collingwood's alleged HGH use through whoever it was that was supplying them.

This then begs the question. Has Charter not been touched because he is far reaching and the head that, once scratched, could bleed out a number of clubs?

I'm sure there are quite a few AFL clubs, mine included, who have crossed paths with Charter, as he claims to have worked with upwards of 30 AFL players.

Is this why Charter's involvement has been left well alone? And no one wants ask how he's in the middle of this?

tl;dr
How is it that the involvement of a convicted drug trafficker in an elite level sports science program has garnered so few questions from a media that are updating us relentlessly with info that matters little?
Baker and McKenzie or John Silvester come on down.

I disagree. The Essendon situation is a pretty good example of how it's almost impossible keeping things secret at club level when your dealing with 30+ people at a minimum. I think it's highly unlikely that any other clubs operated in the same manner that Essendon for the reason that we would have already heard about it.

Agree. And then you need to consider that maybe a handful of them go somewhere else each year, get disgruntled after being delisted, etc. I don't buy this theory of widespread top secret PED program's at every club.

The old "we haven't heard about it, so it mustn't have happened" argument.

If Hird had not been so sloppy and cavalier about his program to the point the ACC got wind of it, we wouldn't have this sub board with over 10,000 posts, and no one would be any the wiser.

The old "we haven't heard about it, so it mustn't have happened" argument.

If Hird had not been so sloppy and cavalier about his program to the point the ACC got wind of it, we wouldn't have this sub board with over 10,000 posts, and no one would be any the wiser.
there's single threads with more than 10,000 posts.

Hird has this morning denied his home was ever raided by the feds for whatever it's worth

Some observations :

- Charter has a relationship with Hird dating back to his playing days.

- Hird (allegedly) told Robinson that he was raided as part of the Charter investigation

- Hird (allegedly)told Robinson that he knows that Collingwood are using HGH as he knows who the supplier is (join the dots above).

- Charter has "serviced" many an AFL player including Hird, Wowoedin (who thanked Charter in his Brownlow speach) and Darcy with "dietry information" (I am yet to see him reported to be a qualified dietician. He is however known to be a convicted drug dealer).

You would have to think that Essendon would never want to end up in court about any of this as Charter could sink them, not to mention a long list of past players with glorified records/careers. There will be plenty of nervous people around if Charter decides to spill the beans. Who knows how far back this could go.

(PS I am sure I can remember seeing an interview with Charter a few months back where he talked about blowing this wide open. Was boasting about having helped dozens of athletes through loopholes and masking to allow them to compete with PED's. Some of you may be able to confirm this?)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still waiting for the AFP to confirm they did raid his home. Enough said.
So you're saying Hirdy lied to The Weapon?

He's already lied about injections

there's single threads with more than 10,000 posts.

Hird has this morning denied his home was ever raided by the feds for whatever it's worth

My post was in reference to people disbelieving that other clubs had similar programs.

Here's a question: What if the AFL's out-of-competition illicit drug testing had absolutely zero to do with detecting illicit drugs?

What was his specific wording Lance?

didn't hear it. Just know that he denied the feds ever raided his house.

My post was in reference to people disbelieving that other clubs had similar programs.

Here's a question: What if the AFL's out-of-competition illicit drug testing had absolutely zero to do with detecting illicit drugs?
yeah I know, I wasn't disputing what you said, I reckon you've been on the money this whole time.

I am interested in your question. Tell me more.

Question reporters must ask James Hird

Have you had any contact with Charters in 2010-2013 regarding supplements at your club or any other?

Did you know that Charters was supplying Dank for your "supplements" program?

Phone records have been handed over.........

I think OP is right there is more to it then just taking a fall of doping as said in other threads Robinson is not a poor man but the but allegations he made towards Hird last are not worth 120k I think freedom is at stake here and someone could be in jail.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hird, Charter and the Feds. Why have the media not touched this?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back