Hirdy loses cases against insurance coy

Remove this Banner Ad

"Peptypes". That's right, mr MBA intellectual can't spell the subject of the enquiry. "Peptypes". At least he's still got you as a believer Bunky.
When Hird said "pep types" during that around the fireside chat, I automatically assumed it was a cleverly rehearsed and planned mis-speak to feign his naivety abt all things drug related. I didn't believe it for a minute.

When Hird said "pep types" during that around the fireside chat, I automatically assumed it was a cleverly rehearsed and planned mis-speak to feign his naivety abt all things drug related. I didn't believe it for a minute.
I don't think anyone did, not even the Essendon fans that claim they did.

foster wallace said apologies being about narcissism, i raise solipsism.

i also do a good 'one of my best friends" Phillip Adams in honourary doctorate in #name_dropping and grammar n inscrutable prose
Sounding a lot like one of those other EFC suckers ... Hirdy Gurdy defenders ... my god ,,, it is ...
Blackcat is actually Warwick Hadfield.

Well, you have a better chance of reasoning with the bear.

But, I'd ask James Hird's lawyers for a loan, buy a gun with 3 bullets and shoot them all.

No, you shoot Hird 3 times, the lawyers cheer and the bear eats the body...

So Hird loses again ...gee what a surprise

No judge or court is going to rule in his favour .....

I actually feel for his kids .....to drag your family name through this is just plain nuts

Accept you did the wrong thing and move on.....the longer he goes on the lesser chance he'll ever be re-employed in the AFL by anyone

As a player I highly respected thus bloke and even starting out as a coach .....but since the day he was caught and beyond that ...I now gave no respect for him.

He's a liar to go with being a cheat as well

I wish I could take back that time that I stood up at his last game in Melbourne and applauded his career. Now I wish I'd pooped in my hand and thrown it instead.
As crap as he was as a coach.. the man was a legend player.

What is amazing and a number of us have said this here in various threads

If esendon had taken the four game game an offered that was on the table

Yup the no fault clause ASADA we're offering ...players would have missed the pre season and maybe four games

Hird would be coaching still and probably doing OK.

Essendon would be OK

Birds friends and advisors have done terrible terrible job of advising this man because clearly no one is that humanly stupid to think he could have won any of the cases he's fought against the ASADA, WADA, AFL, Demetriou, and the clubs insurer Chub

This man has no credits in the bank. Clearly Hirds dad taught him to never own up to anything even if you're in the wrong. This guy was a great player, had the potential to lead Essendon back to the promised land

Now he's Essendon back five years ......the club will fork out 35 million dollars in suits or the insurers will

And I suspect the clubs insurers may not pay either ......I don't see why they should either

This was negligence and Hird, dank where at the wheel drunk with power ....why should an insurer pay for that?

Yup the no fault clause ASADA we're offering ...players would have missed the pre season and maybe four games

Essendon would be OK

Birds friends and advisors have done terrible terrible job of advising this man because clearly no one is that humanly stupid to think he could have won any of the cases he's fought against the ASADA, WADA, AFL, Demetriou, and the clubs insurer Chub

This man has no credits in the bank. Clearly Hirds dad taught him to never own up to anything even if you're in the wrong. This guy was a great player, had the potential to lead Essendon back to the promised land

Now he's Essendon back five years ......the club will fork out 35 million dollars in suits or the insurers will

And I suspect the clubs insurers may not pay either ......I don't see why they should either

This was negligence and Hird, dank where at the wheel drunk with power ....why should an insurer pay for that?
He's certainly led non EFC people supporting poor performing clubs to the best promised land we can expect at this stage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What do you mean ...sorry it's early in wa

Brain not working yet :)
Schadenfreude.

It's the feeling I get.
When I look to the west.
And my spirit is laughing from watching.
In my thoughts I have seen coils of smoke and leaping flames,
And heard the clapping from the Lawdons Coterie.
And it makes me wonder,
As they be cut asunder.

Last edited:
Schadenfreude.

It's the feeling I get.
When I look to the west.
And my spirit is laughing from watching.
In my thoughts I have seen coils of smoke and leaping flames,
And heard the clapping from the Lawdons Coterie.
And it makes wonder,
As they be cut asunder.
What's the Lawdons Coterie?

actually no, the anti-politics of Trump is not the catalyst. That dynamic is inverted, Trump is symptom to American disillusionment and dissoluteness
The end point is some anti-politics politician(who may not be a former poli), come on the scene, and triangulate like game-theory. be it Koch brah(s) and tea party.

before advanced governing societies, this would be revolution ripe

You were on a roll that night blackcat. Because i think to understand one another is cricital for communication, I think the onus is on the writer to try to convey the communication. I find simple text works for me, but you, man, you're doing something else. It's original and has some neat references, so good for you. But I also think it is up to the reader to find meaning also. So I worked at your text and I agree, but who would have thought it would be an oompa loompa. Syncronicity. As far as america goes viva la revolution, then that is why they retain their right to hold arms. Not only do they have the right, but as you know, the responsibility to bring down the government if it isn't of the people etc. Still, you hope trump is the man who can save them and it doesn't have to come to it.

actually no, the anti-politics of Trump is not the catalyst. That dynamic is inverted, Trump is symptom to American disillusionment and dissoluteness
The end point is some anti-politics politician(who may not be a former poli), come on the scene, and triangulate like game-theory. be it Koch brah(s) and tea party.

There are many catalysts, including the current US administration not enforcing Federal law in a number of key areas; trade agreements; the politicization of the IRS, DOJ and others; the high cost of health care under Obamacare [I'm currently in Oz for some medical treatment because it is cheaper]; a backlash against the professional political nomenklatura; and with the flames fanned by the partisan extremists on both sides of the aisle who seek to polarize voters by driving the Right more right and the Left more left (which is what extremists do and is their job security).

I suppose you could say there is disillusionment, particularly among the independents, who are dismayed at having to choose between Hillary and Trump.

But more a topic for the SRP forum.

You were on a roll that night blackcat. Because i think to understand one another is cricital for communication, I think the onus is on the writer to try to convey the communication. I find simple text works for me, but you, man, you're doing something else. It's original and has some neat references, so good for you. But I also think it is up to the reader to find meaning also. So I worked at your text and I agree, but who would have thought it would be an oompa loompa. Syncronicity. As far as america goes viva la revolution, then that is why they retain their right to hold arms. Not only do they have the right, but as you know, the responsibility to bring down the government if it isn't of the people etc. Still, you hope trump is the man who can save them and it doesn't have to come to it.

@Sheldin_Wolin

inverted totalitarianism, sort of final stages corporatism.

i am not sure who would be less subject to corporate interests, no doubt the clintons still have a few non-fiat debts to pay to the major backers, but it is folly to think Trump would not be a banner waver of corporatism too, even given his liberal and democrat flirtations...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inverted_totalitarianism

Essendon would be OK

Interesting comment re the old man. Maybe he never let bird take responsibility for his mistakes always using influence to get jimmy off when he got caught doing the wrong thing. Maybe he got cheating at school and got off?

Things like this teach a kid they are immune and it can be taken into adult life.

Nah – he’s not a narcissist. Key difference being he’s only ever seeked to maintain or restore, not to use the opportunity to make it all about himself. It was made about him by others – again, he was identified as the fall guy.

He has an enormous amount of pride. If anybody tries to tell you pride isn’t a sin, point to JH. It’s his downfall. But it’s not narcissism.

Yes, he has been identified as a narcissist. Incorrectly. This story is not about Hird by his own choice. The PR war and three-word front pages about him did it.

As I said, people eagerly swallowed it because he's the perfect criminal.

Nope. Simple ****-ups. By virtue of hindsight I think he’d do a lot differently. He acted tremendously unwisely and was appallingly advised.

Sorry bunk. What you fail to take into account that this is not the first time Hird has blamed authority figures when things don't go his way.

Everyone forgets the attack where the accused an umpire of cheating after a loss. It was not in the heat of the moment and was an insight into the self centred views he had.

He was convicted of bringing the game into disrepute then and is the only person to have to such convictions.

He was not stupid, he was true to character it's just people just don't want to remember.

Essendon would be OK

Yep, I've made this point several times. All Essendon had to do was cooperate with the investigation. Essendon knew they had AFL in their corner, they would have copped a fine, players would have had minimal penalty, a few peoples' reputations would have been bruised but not destroyed, this would have been all over years ago and it would be business as usual at Essendon.

Forcing WADA's hand was the most incredibly stupid thing they could have ever done. The moment that happened, Essendon were screwed. I'm with you, insurers are good at finding any reason not to pay out, so I can't see why they would feel obligated to pay in these circumstances.

Essendon's legal battles may not be over yet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hirdy loses cases against insurance coy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back