Hodge

Remove this Banner Ad

He was excellent tonight. In and under, clearances, marking, goaling, tackling - the complete package.

I have the utmost respect for Chris Judd and duly recognise him as the best player in the competition, but I am happy having Hodge at Hawthorn. More than happy, actually. Great leader. Great player.

GUN.
Yes, thats right SMFC...this kid is a gun.

Hard, skilled, courageous and a true leader.

:thumbsu:

Anyone else think that he could be more valuable than Judd in terms of 'going into the trenches'?

I know who i'd rather have next to me.

Agreed

Racking up a few touches vs the reigning wooden spooners >>>> Brownlow, Norm Smith, premiership captain, Leigh Mathews medal, numerous contested possessions

It's so obvious it's painful :thumbsu:

Great game by Hodge, it pains me that Judd is brought into the equation rather than just giving him credit for a wonderful player that he is.

Absolute star and a shame he'll continue to be degraded by comparisons about what he hasn't done, rather than what he can do.

Gun.

Great game by Hodge, it pains me that Judd is brought into the equation rather than just giving him credit for a wonderful player that he is.

Absolute star and a shame he'll continue to be degraded by comparisons about what he hasn't done, rather than what he can do.

Gun.

Good post.:thumbsu:

It's sad he'll always be in Judd's shadow.

Not to Hawthorn fans. The man will lead us to a premiership in the next three years. He has taken his game to a new level in the last month since moving from midfielder/defender to midfielder/forward. The Hodge to Franklin combination will go down in history for decades to come. Lock it in.

For f*cks sake. Cant we have a discussion about Hodge (or ball for that matter) without having to compare him to Judd?

They will both likely be all Australian this year, so it is not as though comparisons need be made.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Comparing Judd and Hodge, why do that does anyone really care. Eagles are stoked with judd and we are stoked with Hodgey if you were really to do a comparison to apparently say you chose the wrong player you would look at stkilda and say luke ball was a mistake but I mean the saints are wrapped with ball, but just dissapointed that injuries have crueled him.

Hodge is having a blinder year... No question about that. But who is still favorite for brownlow? Given judd is having a pretty quiet year (compared to recent seasons).

And, I disagree completely. Although hodge seems to put the goals on the board.. judd just being on the field pushes the team to another level. I think that is far more important than a couple goals.

I'm not saying hodge is not doing great, and this year is probably one of the better players in the AFL. However he's just no match to the official gun of the AFL.

If Hawthorn had of picked up Judd, would we have a premiership?

I think that is the big question.

No doubt Judd is a freak. To be 24?? and to have achieved so much is just remarkable. However, even with Judd, I still don't think Hawthorn would have a premiership under its belt by now.

Don't know if you'd have won a premiership, but i'm quite sure you'd have a triple brownlow, captain

Don't know if you'd have won a premiership, but i'm quite sure you'd have a triple brownlow, captain
"Yawn"

Hodge is awesome and suits us perfectly and is all that needs to be concentrated on. Hawthorn cleaned up in 2001, Mitchell, C. Brown and Hodge from that draft... not too bad at the end of the day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hodge

Remove this Banner Ad

Back