Hong Kong protests

Remove this Banner Ad

This was in Xinhua yesterday. If this is what the official mouthpiece of the CCP is saying, this is about to get ugly. Escalating it from HK riots to people trying to influence the mainland is a bad sign of where it's at. As someone who loves HK, I can't see how either side backs down now.

“Faced with the central government’s resolute support for the HKSAR (Hong Kong Special Administrative Region) government and the Hong Kong police, faced with the HKSAR government’s firm and just law enforcement, faced with strong condemnation from Chinese people, the end is coming for those attempting to disrupt Hong Kong and antagonise China,”

“Behind the violence and chaos in Hong Kong is an elaborate scheme of the rioters and their patrons whose real intent is clearly exposed now. They tried to stir up unrest in Hong Kong and compromise the one country, two systems principle before spreading the ‘colour revolution’ into the Chinese mainland.”

Power of the media. Xinhua providing their slant on the whole saga, and the mainlanders eating it up. Words like rioters, terrorists, insurgents, separatists etc used.

Times like these i feel for the police. They are doing their job, but some or many may share the stance the protesters are taking.

Power of the media. Xinhua providing their slant on the whole saga, and the mainlanders eating it up. Words like rioters, terrorists, insurgents, separatists etc used.

Times like these i feel for the police. They are doing their job, but some or many may share the stance the protesters are taking.

My missus is fired up something fierce.

She lives in Australia, is exposed to our media, is shitloads smarter than me, but is completely buying the narrative that the protesters are funded by trump as a tactic in the trade war. She was full on demanding the pla roll in when we were watching four corners.

I'm sorry if my arguments go beyond your intellectual capacity.

I am pointing out that neither China nor the US are worthy of being taken seriously and for your information, the United States of America are constantly informing us that in the event that Australia is attacked by a foreign power, then they will NOT necessarily come to our defence. That's not "leftie" bull sh*t, that's American imperialism letting us know who the boss is and how in heaven's name you reckon the US were/are our "saviours in war" is astonishing.

You epitomise our inferiority complex.
first sentence... take your hand off it mate.

Care to provide links of the USA "constantly informing" us that they wont come to our defence?

And yeah, without the US involvement in WW2, the allies would have been defeated by the Axis.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's an interesting case study.

The NBA pulled the All-Star game from Charlotte over a bathroom law (reasonable). But when it comes to China......

LeBron calls Trump a bum (somewhat reasonable) But when it comes to China.....

Last edited:
Lebron loves talking about American politics but refuses to denounce China cos of his endorsements. What a sellout.

The whole NBA has been caught out on this. They have wanted to have their cake and eat it too (be a voice for social change, and make shit loads of money), and this is one situation where they cannot.

They are misrepresenting the issue too by saying the opposition is from the CCP. Go on WeChat and the like and it's the general populous that is furious. NBA and co are backpedaling because it's the people who are the ones buying the merch and watching the games, and they are terrified of a consumer boycott.

To be fair, it's a tough one to manage because the stakes financially are so high for Houston and the NBA, but their management of the response to the initial reaction has been all over the shop

You can thank Russian for the Allies winning WW2.

No Russia provided bodies. They were cooked if America hadn't provided them material support e.g trucks to resupply their lines

Very cool how the outrage mob feel safe to attack supreme leader Trump the avowed fascist creating camps for migrants but are afraid of that bastion of morality Xi very brave

There's a revolution happening in Hong Kong and no one has bothered to comment for 5 weeks.Thread bump.
100 to 1000 protesters currently barricaded in the Uni surrounded by fire using bow and arrows and petrol bombs.

There's a revolution happening in Hong Kong and no one has bothered to comment for 5 weeks.Thread bump.
100 to 1000 protesters currently barricaded in the Uni surrounded by fire using bow and arrows and petrol bombs.

this isnt a revolution yet. trashing a uni and taking over govt are two very different things

fwiw i think the reason for quiet in the thread is the issue is at stalemate. The students have escalated things somewhat (but not significantly imo), and the PLA are still sitting on their hands

this isnt a revolution yet. trashing a uni and taking over govt are two very different things

fwiw i think the reason for quiet in the thread is the issue is at stalemate. The students have escalated things somewhat (but not significantly imo), and the PLA are still sitting on their hands
I thought the protestors would run out of steam and the heat would go out of it.

I thought the protestors would run out of steam and the heat would go out of it.

me too, or Beijing would move in by now

it seems to be sitting right on the bubble at the moment

Remove this Banner Ad

Hong Kong protests

Remove this Banner Ad

Back