Hottest 100 of 2014 prediction thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I cannot fathom why people get so offended against JJJ and its listeners, its so petty. No-one is forcing you to listen and like it.
The trolls are gonna troll troll troll

It's sad that people like Nallad are so fixated on things they dont enjoy, that they have to try and ruin it for people who do enjoy it.

I don't like Rugby League, so by their logic I should be on leagueunlimited letting everyone that they are pretentious fedora wearing hipsters

Similarly, I remember about 12 years ago, former breakfast host Adam Spencer lobbied to get fish metal band Salmon Hater into the countdown with their song 6.66 (1/100th Of The Number Of The Beast), and it ended up doing really well, top 20 I think. Got a huge laugh and I recall Spencer being very apologetic to the band who got #101 (Jebediah I think).
I remember this! The song was pretty big, the video was played a lot on Rage and it was actually pretty funny.

I voted for Taylor Swift.

Shake It Off, Blank Space, Style, That's How You Get The Girl, New Romantics (along with Crime by Real Estate, Heavy Seas of Love by Damon Albarn, Tuesday by Makonnen, and Jamie T's Zombie).

I liked 1989 so much I think it was my second or third most listened to album of last year and probably in that position in terms of favouritism. It's a good album full of massive songs. The added fact hoo-ha around it is just an added benefit.

Plenty of bands get people to vote for them on their facebook pages but you have to wonder where this started... and why... I mean this isn't elevating a joke song or making some never-heard, kids-from-Camperdown's song go top 10. I bet her record label paid whoever started this (Buzzfeed apparently?) to get this 'movement' going.

And as people have said, Triple J will be loving this. It'll rake in the listeners, it's gotten people talking, and it's genuinely adding a new element to the countdown – some cultural pizzaz and added 'controversy' (I use that term very liberally...). They will not shit-can this little attempt.

I've got no qualms with people voting for the song if they actually like it. It's the idiots gloating about the fact that they don't like the song but voted for it anyway as if they think it makes them part of some revolution against triple j, when as you said Silent Alarm, the station will be loving the attention and extra listeners come Australia Day.

The thing is, ppl are voting for taylor swift as a joke obviously. Jokes are only funny if you share it with people ie post it on Instagram. She could top the witnesses count and I still wouldn't give her a chance of getting top 20.

The thing is, ppl are voting for taylor swift as a joke obviously. Jokes are only funny if you share it with people ie post it on Instagram. She could top the witnesses count and I still wouldn't give her a chance of getting top 20.

I'd be more worried if the campaign started earlier, but a few days worth of voting (even if mass votes) won't impact a month or so of voting for other options.

thewitness

Any information on how Run The Jewels and Big KRIT are faring? I imagined they'd have at least one in the top 100 each and RTJ is a good shot of having maybe one or two others in.

For RTJ's tracks, I'm thinking Close Your Eyes and Count to ****, Oh My Darling Don't Cry and Blockbuster Night Pt 2 and for KRIT, Mt Olympus and Cadillactica.

thewitness

Any information on how Run The Jewels and Big KRIT are faring? I imagined they'd have at least one in the top 100 each and RTJ is a good shot of having maybe one or two others in.

For RTJ's tracks, I'm thinking Close Your Eyes and Count to ****, Oh My Darling Don't Cry and Blockbuster Night Pt 2 and for KRIT, Mt Olympus and Cadillactica.
Close Your Eyes by RTJ was close to making my list. RTJ are great live too, so much energy.

I've got no qualms with people voting for the song if they actually like it. It's the idiots gloating about the fact that they don't like the song but voted for it anyway as if they think it makes them part of some revolution against triple j, when as you said Silent Alarm, the station will be loving the attention and extra listeners come Australia Day.
I did it

A) because I like the song
B) significant financial gain

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you put $10 on that at $251, you'll get back approximately $0
But if she snags #1 I'll be walking around like Leo in Wolf of Wall Street for the next year.

whilst Shake It Off may be climbing in this count, we should consider that everyone voting for it will be posting about it and thus it would be over-represented in this count

ManWithNoName, you're basically the Bernie Ecclestone of the Hottest 100. You've changed, man.
More like I'm shifting one race to a night race for one season for the benefit of the greater human race.

The trolls are gonna troll troll troll

It's sad that people like Nallad are so fixated on things they dont enjoy, that they have to try and ruin it for people who do enjoy it.

I don't like Rugby League, so by their logic I should be on leagueunlimited letting everyone that they are pretentious fedora wearing hipsters
And you're absolutely pathetic. It says a lot about your inability to persevere through an unwanted circumstance if Taylor Swift would 'ruin' the whole countdown for you. Your lack of resilience is outstanding. I bet you were one of those kids that cried to mummy when he was bowled out in backyard cricket. Boo f***ing hoo, loser.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hottest 100 of 2014 prediction thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back