Hottest 100 of the '10s

Remove this Banner Ad

Lizzo - Juice

I keep seeing this in people's votes - has JJJ ever played Lizzo before? Granted I only listen to maybe an hour a day, but I've legit never heard her played on the station before.

I keep seeing this in people's votes - has JJJ ever played Lizzo before? Granted I only listen to maybe an hour a day, but I've legit never heard her played on the station before.
Too be honest, I don't listen to triple J enough anymore to know. But seeing that it was on the voting list, I would say it is played there. She didn't make it into Triple J top 50 most played artists of the year, and didn't feature in the album poll, but finished 7th on Double J's albums of the year.
J-Play which hasn't been working for months, shows they played Lizzo back in February/March.

I’ve heard her played at night before, and for all of FOMO promotion they do, they always refer to her as being one of the acts playing. Last year when Nicki Minaj was playing FOMO, they never said anything about her playing since she’s not a triple j act.

she's the flavour of the month coz of all the YAS KWEENS that praise her for literally breathing and bagging out men. I think her music is absolute dog crap, but she's going to poll well because of her appeal to said demographics. oh and thewitness ;)

This thing gets infinitely more disappointing every year. It's come super early for the next edition. The probable number 1 song is the most infuriating piece of trash that's existed since the Ketchup Song. On top of that, there are a huge amount of Foals songs to choose from but they neglected the best song I heard all year in 'Sunday'. Added it anyway.

Here are my songs that won't get anywhere near it.

Screen Shot 2019-12-26 at 7.50.47 pm.png

thewitness will you be doing your own prediction count again this year?
Yeah, I will do a prediction again now that “bean counter” has started posting his numbers. Disappointed that there is no Toasty Tofu count this year, as it was more reliable and gave more data than warm tunas. Started working on it last night but needs a lot of work still.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a really small sample size...but Denzel on top and FIDLAR pushing top 5 makes me bloody happy.

Over 1% I reckon it gets quite close from a statistical relevance perspective; and they've gotten ~3% the past 2 years so should be quite accurate in the coming weeks.

Bulls on Parade vs Bad Guy seems fairly legit to me.

Would be unusual having a Version as the #1, but if it is going to happen, it might as well be this.

oath, beating Dance Monkey and Bad Guy with a Like a Version would be the mark out moment of the year for sure

Yeah, I will do a prediction again now that “bean counter” has started posting his numbers. Disappointed that there is no Toasty Tofu count this year, as it was more reliable and gave more data than warm tunas. Started working on it last night but needs a lot of work still.
Do you have a link to Bean Counter? Can’t seem to find anything that isn’t from past years...

Was so bloody hard to pick Foals this year. They had multiple bangers across both albums. I feel like the embarrassment of riches will come back to haunt them if the votes are dispersed too much. Don't see a repeat of 2016 when Mountain At My Gates made the top 20. Hopefully get a few songs in there somewhere at least.

Also REALLY hoping a Slipknot of Northlane make the 100. There was a meme last year that really got on my nerves during the countdown. Bring Me The Horizon came in at 45 with Mantra and a meme started circulating saying 'Me trying to enjoy a chilled hottest 100 then Mantra by BMTH comes on' and there was some distressed person. Obviously these campaigners have short memories because Parkway Drive had two songs in the top 60 a few years earlier. But it unfortunately said a lot about peoples current tastes and the move away from guitar driven music. If Mantra was too heavy for the Hottest 100 audience I would HATE to see what happens if Unsainted or 4D gets in.

My guess would be that people don't dislike BMTH because they're too heavy, they dislike them because they're terrible. Emo 'metal' for 12 year old girls. Corey Taylor is a great singer when he wants to be.

Completely missed the mark on that one.
Their musical progression from scene deathcore band to electro rock/pop is far more complex than 'emo metal for 12 year olds' does justice for.

Dance Monkey just notched up its 23rd week as #1 on the ARIA Charts, tying the all-time Australian record of White Christmas from 1943. Also been #1 for 14+ weeks in Switzerland (17), Norway (16), Belgium (16), Netherlands (15) & Austria (14).

Remember when 12 weeks felt like an epic dynastic run. Dance Monkey is in striking distance of 6 months at #1. Will be interesting to see how that translates into JJJH100 contention, as whilst lots of people might like it fine, whether it is good enough to make their top 10 votes in sufficient numbers remains to be seen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hottest 100 of the '10s

Remove this Banner Ad

Back