Injury Houghton breaks his arm

Remove this Banner Ad

Ooch!![/QUOTE

With the rate that we have been getting injuries we should be grateful that it was nothing more serious. He can still run and do limited training. I still expect him to get a game or two this season.

Not good but not the end of the world like the loss of Morabito:( :thumbsdown:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ooch!![/QUOTE

With the rate that we have been getting injuries we should be grateful that it was nothing more serious. He can still run and do limited training. I still expect him to get a game or two this season.

Not good but not the end of the world like the loss of Morabito:( :thumbsdown:

Not an attempt at sarcasm.. merely a groan at Freo 88's play on words...

Looked serious the way the trainers bought him off ,thought it was a broken collarbone.
Sad to hear its a break, he was training well and was looking to cement his place on the list,hope it doesnt put him to far back in his prep

Looked serious the way the trainers bought him off ,thought it was a broken collarbone.
Sad to hear its a break, he was training well and was looking to cement his place on the list,hope it doesnt put him to far back in his prep

I broke my arm as a kid, freaked me out seeing my bones going at right angles like a step - maybe more to calm him down and make he doesn't damage any nerves before they can set it. But whack it in a cast and he should back running around in a week and with the cast off in about 4-6 weeks (from my vague memory as an 8 year old).

It might be just me but 2006 was the last year I can remember where we went through most of a season with a full list through injury or suspension (although J Lo was on his way to the knackers yard with his knees). Be nice to actually have a few seasons more like that injury wise.... Last two years in particular have been shockers....

On the bright side, there are alot of far worse injuries he could have copped. It might hurt his close quarter training for a while, but conversely means he can really focus on his running. That's not a huge loss. At least he'll have a nice cardio base for the season. Hopefully his ankle is 100% god to go.

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury Houghton breaks his arm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back