houli- what do we offer now.

Remove this Banner Ad

TIGER03

Senior List
Sep 3, 2007
melbourne west
AFL Club
Richmond
lets move on from the grigg - collins deal, reading the paper this morning, it reports we are stilling offering a 3rd round pick for houli, looks as if we want to keep our PSD options open.

We should offer pick 50 or wait for him to nominate for PSD. Essendon wanted to play hardball now the ball is in their court. They screwed us over with the Grigg trade by not wanting to deal, well now they might loose Houli for nothing.

I believe their is someone else we want in the PSD, thats why the Grigg deal was important to us, and so to trying to trade for Houli.

I think that's what Richmond have done, however a 3rd round pick assuming it is #50, is of no use to Essendon because we will most likely only have 3 picks. If it is your other 3rd round pick (#45 or #46) from memory it would only elevate us a couple of spots up the order. We already have #8, #30 and #47.

As such on that basis, I would let him walk into the PSD and tie up the Tigers pick meaning we would have the next live pick.

I think that's what Richmond have done, however a 3rd round pick assuming it is #50, is of no use to Essendon because we will most likely only have 3 picks. If it is your other 3rd round pick (#45 or #46) from memory it would only elevate us a couple of spots up the order. We already have #8, #30 and #47.

As such on that basis, I would let him walk into the PSD and tie up the Tigers pick meaning we would have the next live pick.
No you wont, we will take him in the ND and Lil Jimmy will have the first of many defeats.

If I was an Essendon supporter and they only took 3 players in the ND with the list they have now, I would be livid.

Shows they have too much faith in their mediocre list.

So essentially they just swap Hird for Knights and all is well.

Why would Richmond give a flying **** as to what Essendon will do with their picks? Taking 3 picks in a draft is laughable, just look at Richmond circa 2005. If you were Collingwood, it's different, but you're a bottom 4 team. Suicide. Take McMahon.

If they have no use for a third rounder, I'd say we should offer to upgrade their 2nd round pick and let them upgrade our third rounder.

lets move on from the grigg - collins deal, reading the paper this morning, it reports we are stilling offering a 3rd round pick for houli, looks as if we want to keep our PSD options open.

A bag of twistiies a v energy drink is about all he is worth...:cool:

Pick 50 now to Essendon or Pick 50 in the ND. Either way doesn't worry me. Pick 2 in PSD will be used for best available for our needs. Could be Sherman to get up to our 92.5% salary cap threshold.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have very little confidence that we will get a good result. We'll probably give them the compo pick or Griffiths or something like that.

Remove this Banner Ad

houli- what do we offer now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back