pumped

Club Legend
Apr 20, 2004
Northcote
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Carlton
This is not really a thread to start up the Ryan debate again. I just noticed something as I watched the replay of the last qrt of the Pies game. I felt that Houlihan and Dale Thomas look very similar in their facial looks. On further reflection they both seem to have similar demeanours and similar levels of skill.

Then after realising all this I felt a little dissapointed as it seems that Thomas is on his way to stardom and Ryan perhaps to a delisting. This just seems like such a waste. It is such a pleasure even as a Carlton supporter to watch Thomas play. I remember in Ryan's first couple of seasons that he too excited people with his play. He should still be doing it imo and it will be a pity if he cannot find some heart and is lost to footy.

Yep, he was really good on Davey. Beat him on many occasions and took the honours on the day. Restored faith in my ability in him playing in the backline.

This is not really a thread to start up the Ryan debate again. I just noticed something as I watched the replay of the last qrt of the Pies game. I felt that Houlihan and Dale Thomas look very similar in their facial looks. On further reflection they both seem to have similar demeanours and similar levels of skill.

Then after realising all this I felt a little dissapointed as it seems that Thomas is on his way to stardom and Ryan perhaps to a delisting. This just seems like such a waste. It is such a pleasure even as a Carlton supporter to watch Thomas play. I remember in Ryan's first couple of seasons that he too excited people with his play. He should still be doing it imo and it will be a pity if he cannot find some heart and is lost to footy.
The day Thomas takes on Aaron Davey and keeps him to 4 touches is the day we can start comparing them.:p

Felt that Ryan yesterday played as he did when he first came in years ago. Was very cool and very precise. Would be one of our top 3 imo if he could do this consistently.

Remove this Banner Ad

Houlihan and Thomas

Remove this Banner Ad

Back