How Annoying is Huddo???????

Remove this Banner Ad

I may be a bit slow but it really hit me watching AFL 360 the last couple of nights with him replacing Gerard Whately - especially Monday night when Robbo almost throttled him.

Then having a quick look at the replay from Sat with him commentating....

He is an opinionated little pain in the arse with no experience, who likes to talk over the real experts in the game. Surely there are better options out there?

Hudson can be a little irritating at times, but compared to say, Taylor, Russell, Taylor, McAveney, Darcy, Taylor, McGuire he has golden tonsils. I'd be changing the barrels of the gun before I'd start looking for him, put it that way. He is far, far from the worst.

I may be a bit slow but it really hit me watching AFL 360 the last couple of nights with him replacing Gerard Whately - especially Monday night when Robbo almost throttled him.

Then having a quick look at the replay from Sat with him commentating....

He is an opinionated little pain in the arse with no experience, who likes to talk over the real experts in the game. Surely there are better options out there?

No experience?! He's been in the game for yrs now. How about doing some background checks before posting ya flog

Question, would Mike Sheehan no more about the game than Tony Shaw?? I would back Mike Sheehan's knowledge of the game and it's nuances than Tony shaw anyday, yet one played 300 games, one didn't.
Poor example. Sheahan might know alot more on the history of the game and the personalities behind it, being an AFL journalist. But when it comes to the nuances and tactics, he wouldn't know his arse from his ear. In fact he often begins sentences in actual footy discussions with "I'm no expert, but.."

Personally I think the only useful thing Mike does these days is Open Mike. That is definitely his calling. As far as his other capacities, he needs to actually retire as opposed to this Johnny Farnham version of retirement he's adopted.

Shit thread btw. Huddo is awesome.

No experience?! He's been in the game for yrs now. How about doing some background checks before posting ya flog

Has he played at the highest level? No? Then he has no experience. Flog.

In addition he got smashed by Mark Maclure last week so it is not just me that finds him annoying - the experts do as well.

Poor example. Sheahan might know alot more on the history of the game and the personalities behind it, being an AFL journalist. But when it comes to the nuances and tactics, he wouldn't know his arse from his ear. In fact he often begins sentences in actual footy discussions with "I'm no expert, but.."

He'd still know more than Tony Shaw.

What media experience do you have?

None!

Therefore you can't comment.

/thread.
Am I a media commentator? Am I asking to be a media commentator?

What a stupid, immature and ridiculous post. Perhaps you should find something more suitable to do with your time - knitting perhaps?

Am I a media commentator? Am I asking to be a media commentator?

What a stupid, immature and ridiculous post. Perhaps you should find something more suitable to do with your time - knitting perhaps?

but you're happy to comment on a media commentator? 'Stupid and immature' are the basis for this thread, so I wouldn't be knocking it if I were you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But seeing as I'm losing this battle of wits, I'll try to get this thread back on topic...

Huddo is not an expert. He is a commentator and a host.

Two very important and distinct roles.

A commentator describes what is happening as it happens, therefore has the right to talk over the special comments members of the panel (experts). If he did not talk over them, then play would go on and not be called.

A host directs the flow of the conversation on a show. The host should be the only one to talk to the camera. All guests should talk to the host and should only speak when spoken to. If the two of them are talking at the same time then the guest must defer.

That's how Hudson operates. That's how the industry functions.

Huddo is easily the best commentator going around
Amen, has called plenty of classic moments over the years and is as unbiased as they come. Best example of that was his call of the dying moments of the Sydney Geelong final in 2005, no one else could have called that as well as he did being a supporter of the team who lost.

professional nerd growing up wanting to call games...certain to never have played.

Played for Fitzroy (or Uni, depending on how long ago) Reds in the VAFA, if I recall correctly. Not that it matters. One of the best credentialled commentary teams (with regards to playing careers) we could probably assemble in football right now would be Kevin Bartlett and Matthew Campbell/Dwayne Russell as the primary commentators, Tony Shaw and Malcolm Blight with the special comments and Glen Jakovich on the boundary. Cue mute buttons...

like him as a commentator

laugh at how bad he is as a host

Robbo telling him "don't be a Moo Huddo" was the funniest thing said on television for quite some time

Edit - :D moo

I always thought that Robbos "Andy Maher - you are a w***er" was right up there.

Remove this Banner Ad

How Annoying is Huddo???????

Remove this Banner Ad

Back