how come big names get off at tribunal

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i agree with the carey call...although he hasn't gone up in a few years.....but lloyd got off legitimately under the rule - the ball was being playes in the direct area where te incident occurred.
cheers
staggy

Can I assume Wanga's got the all-clear from the video nazis? (despite the wailings of jilted Bomber fans
wink.gif
)

Staggy

The reason Carey got off was for the simple reason that he didn't do anything - it was a clash of heads between Wallis and Pike!!

By the way I'm surprised that Bomber fans didn't cheer Carey if he did hit Wallis - after all most of you guys have been wanting to belt Wallis yourselves for years!!

These days it's because of the Brownlow controversy if they don't. They don't want to take a Brownlow off someone for something minor or to make an example. Whereas they are happy to do it to other players.

Yep, pretty much this. Fyfe got lucky a few times last year. Guarantee is Danger got in to an incident, especially towards the end of the year he would have been let off for sure.

Once you get famous you can hold the ball during tackles, do high fend offs, play on when time was whistled off.... plenty of benefits.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back