Oct 8, 2007
WESTERN AUSTRALIA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
FLO-RIDA , PITBULL ,SEAN PAUL
The last time they met was rd 1

14 G - 13 B (97) 14 G - 3 B (87)

A very entertaining high class game where the Doggies got up by 10 pts .It shocked a lot of ppl on here to lose as everyone thought the doggies were poo but no one predicted that we would both be gunning for top 4 positions .

A breakdown of that match shows that WCE were smashed at the. ;

Stoppages 35. - 19
Tackles. 94. - 76
Shots scored 27 - 17
Inside 50. 58 -41

How will we beat the Doggies ?
What do we do ?

Last edited:
Tackle differential is consistent with the rest of the year, but I dare say we'll turn the tables on stoppages and inside 50s.

A very entertaining high class game where the Doggies got up by 10 pts .It shocked a lot of ppl on here to lose as everyone thought the doggies were poo but no one predicted that we would both be gunning for top 4 positions .

Stoppages 35. - 19
Tackles. 94. - 76
Shots scored 27 - 17
Inside 50. 58 -41

What do we do ?

I'm not convinced they can produce the same sort of footy they do at the dome, here at Subi oval. If Nic plays, I reckon we win pretty well. Not sure their defense can handle our forwards. No Darling last time round, and most our players have improved considerably from round 1.

The first game was largely lost due to Scott Lycett being completely inept in the ruck

We would be on top and then he'd go into the ruck and be demolished by Minson and they'd smash the clearances.

The way for us to win is to dominate the centre square and keep it locked forward

The first game was largely lost due to Scott Lycett being completely inept in the ruck

We would be on top and then he'd go into the ruck and be demolished by Minson and they'd smash the clearances.

The way for us to win is to dominate the centre square and keep it locked forward

The centre clearances were actually even at 14 each but stoppages were heavily in favour of Doggies 35-19 .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The centre clearances were actually even at 14 each but stoppages were heavily in favour of Doggies 35-19 .

It would be great to break those down depending on who was rucking

We had momentum with Nic in the ruck, lost it with Lycett

694.png

I'm not convinced they can produce the same sort of footy they do at the dome, here at Subi oval. If Nic plays, I reckon we win pretty well. Not sure their defense can handle our forwards. No Darling last time round, and most our players have improved considerably from round 1.
Agree with most of that, but surely you agree our players have also improved since round 1?

Agree with most of that, but surely you agree our players have also improved since round 1?

Haven't seen many of your games TBH so can't comment. Was just assuming, maybe foolishly, that our best, which we were far from in round 1, is probably ahead of what your best is. No offence to you guys, but as everyone has said about us this year, the dogs are yet to convince me they are a real threat away from etihad. I could be wrong though, happens quite a lot!!!

Stoppages 35. - 19
Tackles. 94. - 76
Shots scored 27 - 17
Inside 50. 58 -41

What do we do ?
Funny how that scoreline doesn't look as bad in hindsight, considering the oppositions year.

However, if there is ever a side where we might be able to cover having zero KPD players sans a third gamer, it might be this, they aren't the tallest down in their forward line, or they are Tom Boyd, and well..

The 'web' obviously needs to be even harder to pass, and more alert, as smaller forward lines obviously cause the ball use having to be more precise to hit up their medium forwards. Constant pressure on the ball carrier will be vital, and also no defensive half turnovers which we have occasionally seen in the last few weeks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion How do WCE beat the Bulldogs?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back