How do you build a forward line around Jay Neagle...

Remove this Banner Ad

Gibbanator, I'm just wondering. Why is it that Essendon have 'no forwards' but Carlton have 'multiple forward options'? If you weren't a troll/idiot (still not 100% sure which) you'd realize that not only does Essendon also have 'multiple forward options' who are actually superior to Carlton's, but EVERY club in the AFL, the SANFL, the VFL, the WAFL, the Amateur leagues, the U12's and the development league have multiple forward options. The difference is some are good and some, for example Carlton's, are not up to the standard of the competition.

Gibbanator, I'm just wondering. Why is it that Essendon have 'no forwards' but Carlton have 'multiple forward options'? If you weren't a troll/idiot (still not 100% sure which) you'd realize that not only does Essendon also have 'multiple forward options' who are actually superior to Carlton's, but EVERY club in the AFL, the SANFL, the VFL, the WAFL, the Amateur leagues, the U12's and the development league have multiple forward options. The difference is some are good and some, for example Carlton's, are not up to the standard of the competition.
Listen to this informed poster, after all he has had to endure Warren Tredrea, Brett Ebert, Justin Westhoff, and it gets better, as the new star on the horizon is none other than Wobbie Gway.

Cannot get much more informed than that my friend.

You are very silly.
Hawthorn was playing still playing John Barker and Ben Dixon up forward, and giving Buddy a run off the flank. We were playing Roughead as a Key Back as late as 2006.
Even if we gave him a game or 2 up forward in his early days, the majority of his football was certainly played in defence, ergo your attempt to compare the goal tallies of Neagle and Roughead are completely transparent and utterly laughable. You've yet to even try Neagle in defence FFS, you're saying he's not struggling?

Stop hurting yourself, it's not funny anymore...:(

Nah man, I was yelling "I WANT BLOOD!!!" after half time round 22.
"OUCH" is what I'm saying now after reading that stinging barb about what I was saying after half time round 22.:rolleyes:

Get well soon, douche...

Typical tassie tool - when reality fails you just make crap up. Roughead was initially played forward & when it became obvious he wasn't physically ready yet you moved him back (on & off) to help his development. Like I said plenty of other forwards spend time in defence so its not a slight on Roughead but the comparrison stands that after only 20 games Neagle has been able to kick more goals than Roughead did. I'm not saying that it means that Neagle will be as good as Roughead but mearly pointing out the total stupidity of Hawthorn supporters bagging Neagle after only 20 games. He has struggled for fittness but for actual goal kicking (his main future role) he's actually performed better than many others. How about you list all the young forwards in the league who have kicked more goals in their 1st 20 games. There must be at least 2-3 in every other side isn't there:rolleyes:

BTW Barker played 6 games in 2005 & 7 in 2006 (6 goals each year) so he was hardly holding anyone else back. Dickson was not a KP. Not real good at this are you?

Typical tassie tool - when reality fails you just make crap up. Roughead was initially played forward & when it became obvious he wasn't physically ready yet you moved him back (on & off) to help his development. Like I said plenty of other forwards spend time in defence so its not a slight on Roughead but the comparrison stands that after only 20 games Neagle has been able to kick more goals than Roughead did. I'm not saying that it means that Neagle will be as good as Roughead but mearly pointing out the total stupidity of Hawthorn supporters bagging Neagle after only 20 games. He has struggled for fittness but for actual goal kicking (his main future role) he's actually performed better than many others. How about you list all the young forwards in the league who have kicked more goals in their 1st 20 games. There must be at least 2-3 in every other side isn't there:rolleyes:

BTW Barker played 6 games in 2005 & 7 in 2006 (6 goals each year) so he was hardly holding anyone else back. Dickson was not a KP. Not real good at this are you?

Blah blah blah. Typical Infectiondon flog. When it becomes apparent you've made a tit of yourself you try to save face by boring me into submission.

It's as simple as this. You compared Neagles goal average to Rougheads goal average over their first 20 games. Roughead played many of his first 20 games in the backline, whereas Neagle has been played as the main forward at all opportunities.
Ergo, it's pretty obvious you ****ed up pretty badly, take it like a man.

This **** up has now been compunded by your wriggling, because you stated Roughead was given a Key Position role but was too young and wasn't ready for it, necessitating his move down back for a while so he could find his feet. One can only assume you are implying that the same troubles are responsible for the inefficiency of Neagle.

Trouble with this is, Roughead is only 1 year older than Neagle.

You suck. Goodbye.

well lucky for you guys nick stevens retired, otherwise come match-day between our two sides, your coaching staff would have needed to come up with something a little more creative than that.

Fair point, but we did note the Nick Stevens and Stuart Dew retirements before we formulated this plan.

Before these two notable moments our previous plan was just to have him eat everyone from the opposing team...which was a simpler, but perhaps more effective tactic. Only time will tell.

LOL Cam Cloke >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Re-Fried Dog Poo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jay Neagle >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Soiled Granny undies >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Scott Gumbleton !!!

BWA HA HA HA :D

But didn't you recruit a gun forward with great knees who has a proven history of leading the forwardline? Did so superbly before Franklin and Roughead came on apparently? :rolleyes: Or not today in this thread but otherwise was at his best coming out of the goal square as we plan to use him?

The forwardline is irrelevant when you've got the worst midfield in the league.

url

When your club needs to resort to using Paddy Ryder to sell memberships because they don't have any bigger names you know you've really hit rock bottom. Then again it could be worse I guess - Jobe Watson?? :D

Oh, and let's not forget this-

matthewdoglloydm.jpg

and his 6 touches per game?

I (and presumably the SCUM hierachy) am very interested in any ideas.

Having the worst forward line in the country is an absolute given to finish bottom 4.

If Williams knees do what is expected the Scum will go all year without kicking the ton, scrounge a few wins against shit teams, and finish where they belong.

Seeing as we kicked the ton 10 times last yr with neagle up front i think we'll be fine. I'd be more worried about your scoring ability, seeing as your shit team could only manage to break the ton 8 times last season :rolleyes:

Why would they? You clearly have one of the better foward lines in the comp. Carlton on the other hand...
Eddie Betts kicked more goals than Essendon's leading goal kicker this year.
Maybe your three other 'quality' ruckmen could also use it, seeing how they left Kruezer to ruck without any support.
Who rucked for Essendon against Adelaide?

They wouldn't even get a game for the Blues. :)
He's a pathetic ball-butchering squib that will be delisted in a year. :thumbsu:
Dear Santa,

Please send us Henry Slattery, Myers, Dyson, McVeigh, Lonergan, Alwyn Davey, Stanton, Watson and Welsh for Christmas.

We need Essendon's hard and quick midfielders who can't kick.

Who rucked for Essendon against Adelaide?

They wouldn't even get a game for the Blues. :)
I wasn't the one who claimed I had 4, yes 4, quality ruckmen such as Gibbernator did, only to then turn around 5 mins later and say that Kruezer had to ruck without support lol.

We did not have a ruckman against Adelaide, as both Paddy and Hille were out, what point are you trying to make?

My point was that Essendon finished one spot below Carlton, played in the same amount of games, and with what Gibbernator has defined as 2 Ruckmen, 0 Forwards, 0 Midfielders and 1/2 a defender. Pretty good effort in my eyes.

Or on the other hand it just makes the teams around us, such as Carlton and Hawthorn (7th and 9th) look so much shitter than us as they clearly are stacked with talent on every line.

What was your point you were trying to make again?

Can't have it both ways boys and girls.

lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think of it this way if you were Marc Murphy streaming out of the middle after yet another hard ball get which group would you like to see in front of you

Group A
-------
No knees
Diver
Cant string a game together
Jenny Craig
Son of a farmer
Flash who is no good in the air or on lead
Lumbering ruck guy

Group B
--------
Proven forward pocket gun
Exquisiute skill guy
Versatile Utility
mobile ruck resting forward
Qld ruck gun converted to key forward
irish success story
buddy's cousin, great pedigree
Brendan MK II except younger taller more reliable

You choose A or B

Think of it this way if you were Marc Murphy streaming out of the middle after yet another hard ball get which group would you like to see in front of you

Group A
-------
No knees
Diver
Jenny Craig
Son of a farmer
Lumbering ruck guy

Group B
--------
Exquisiute skill guy
Versatile Utility
irish success story

You choose A or B

I won't lie, Group B sound quite amazing.
A pity they're about as real as Santa?

You know you're in trouble when you have to rely on someones cousin to try and sell them..

Group A
-------
No knees
Diver
Jenny Craig
Son of a farmer
Lumbering ruck guy

Group B
--------
Exquisiute skill guy
Versatile Utility
irish success story

You choose A or B

B. Not sure how that's relevant to Carlton though. You're right about Buddy's cousin, not sure who the rest are though. Then again family obviously doesn't mean anything considering that a gun like Hamish Hartlett was related to a spud like Adam Hartlett.

Eddie Betts kicked more goals than Essendon's leading goal kicker this year.

Not suggesting Essendons foward line is any good, just thinking Essendon supporters are better off comparing it to Carltons than Hawthorns, who have Buddy, Roughy and Cyril, clearly better than what Carlton and Essendon offer.

I realise this isn't a serious thread but anyway

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...d1=1645&tid2=20&pid2=302&type=A&fid1=O&fid2=O

Jay Neagle Brendan Fevola

21yr 10mth Age Turned 21 in 2002
191cm Height 191cm
100kg Weight 98kg

2009 Stats for Season 2002
12 Games 9
5.3 Kicks Per Game 6.6
1.8 Handballs Per Game 1.9
7.1 Disposals Per Game 8.4
3.9 Marks Per Game 3.6
1.6 Goals Per Game 1.4
0.3 Behinds Per Game 1.2
1.4 Tackles Per Game 1.1

Can't copy the table but those are Jay Neagles 2009 stats on the left and Fevalenko's 2002 stats on the right (for when he was the same age as Neagle).
Jay measures up alright there and his stats are way better than Barry Halls at the same age.

How do you build a Team around no backline and no Ruckmen. Now thats funny. Not to mention a Pea Heart on baller who couldn't get out the way of big bad Lloydy. Can see another Russell Morris here, spat out after an innocous tap on the face and moved on by the family club

Round 22 is always worth laughing, you just can't get over it. What a bunch of cry baby's. Oh boo hoo Campbell, and wasn't that tough "attack" on Lloyd by Bateman one of the more memorable one on ones you will ever see.

No Bradburies for you anymore, or bad kicking by the other side, Flags are earnt.

bump

Lets see .............if we take Richo out of Richmond's forward line........what do we have left?

Nahas? :eek:

Oh dear. :D

Mate, Who was your highest goal kicker? Angus Monfries? Who exactly is that again? You have 1 player whos passed the 20 goal mark. We have 4. You along with North Melbourne & Fremantle have the crapest forward lines in the league.

Tiger's highest goals kicked: 42
Tiger's 2nd highest goals kicked: 32
Tiger's 3rd highest goals kicked: 21
Tiger's 4th highest goals kicked: 20

North's highest goals kicked: 27
North's 2nd highest goals kicked: 22
North's 3rd highest goals kicked: 21

Freo's highest goals kicked: 28
Freo's 2nd highest goals kicked: 20
Freo's 3rd highest goals kicked: 15

Don's highest goals kicked: 24
Don's 2nd highest goals kicked: 19
Don's 3rd highest goals kicked: 17

Mate, Who was your highest goal kicker? Angus Monfries? Who exactly is that again? You have 1 player whos passed the 20 goal mark. We have 4. You along with North Melbourne & Fremantle have the crapest forward lines in the league.

Tiger's highest goals kicked: 42
Tiger's 2nd highest goals kicked: 32
Tiger's 3rd highest goals kicked: 21
Tiger's 4th highest goals kicked: 20

North's highest goals kicked: 27
North's 2nd highest goals kicked: 22
North's 3rd highest goals kicked: 21

Freo's highest goals kicked: 28
Freo's 2nd highest goals kicked: 20
Freo's 3rd highest goals kicked: 15

Don's highest goals kicked: 24
Don's 2nd highest goals kicked: 19
Don's 3rd highest goals kicked: 17

Um...........you barrack for Richmond. :eek::eek::eek:

Can you remind me again what dizzying heights your forward lines have taken your club in the last 30 years?

Remove this Banner Ad

How do you build a forward line around Jay Neagle...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back